Author Topic: Time for Doc to go.  (Read 33019 times)

Re: Time for Doc to go.
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2012, 05:19:25 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I like Doc as person , and I think he is a good coach. 
BUttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Doc needs to  "OWN"  this loss.....its a classic bit of NON- COACHING as I've seen lately.
what did Doc do wrong this game?

this loss had more to do with poor play from KG, Terry and Rondo not playing as good as needs to for us to be good
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2012, 06:44:04 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I can't fault Doc for this game.  He even played KG for longer stretches like I've been desperately pleading for within the confines of my house.  I would've kept putting Terry back out there as well because he's too good of a shooter to keep missing wide open shots like he did.  They had to go in sometime (or not as it turned out, not even his long football style shot at the very end which should have gone in to complete his nightmare game) and regardless of what went on before, I would've taken my chances with Terry making a shot over Lee.

It wasn't like Doc didn't sit down Terry either.  He pulled Terry early in the third quarter after the misses kept piling up and didn't re-insert him until about 10 minutes of game time had elapsed.

My only quibble with Doc is that he didn't go back to Pierce and Green on the wing together.  The Celtics are one of the few teams who can put together a wing tandem with size, strength and post up ability.  He needs to utilize this advantage.  As well as it worked in the first quarter, I can't understand why he didn't go back to it, especially with Terry struggling.  Lee played well but Pierce and Green can be a more effective, dangerous duo.

« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2012, 07:42:31 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
It's not Doc's fault Jason Terry went 1 for 1,230,932 from field.

« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2012, 07:49:11 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Doc needs to  "OWN"  this loss.....its a classic bit of NON- COACHING as I've seen lately.

this loss had more to do with poor play from KG, Terry and Rondo not playing as good as needs to for us to be good

real simple. when we could not hit a J to save our lives he has 3 dribble drivers and green and KG who can post up. did we try that? NO. not until OT then KG choked.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2012, 08:12:42 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

real simple. when we could not hit a J to save our lives he has 3 dribble drivers and green and KG who can post up. did we try that? NO. not until OT then KG choked.

Oh, so the secret to getting KG to play onthe block is just to tell him to post up?

You think every coach he's had in the league hasen't told him that? KG is nearly unstoppable on the low block, yet for going on what....17 years in the league now? the criticism of him is that he takes too many jump shots.

Whats more likely:

1) every coach he's had is an idiot, and hasen't figured out they should abuse him on the block

or

2) KG doesn't really like to play in the post, would rather run the pick and pop game.

This loss isn't on Doc, it's on not having a big who can rebound/ a shot blocker.

Teams have zero fear of driving the lane against us because who's going to block the shot? KG and that's it.

But he's easily neutralized by either having a jump shooting big man pull him out of the paint or just waiting till he goes to the bench.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

Oh, so the secret to getting KG to play onthe block is just to tell him to post up?

You think every coach he's had in the league hasen't told him that? KG is nearly unstoppable on the low block, yet for going on what....17 years in the league now? the criticism of him is that he takes too many jump shots.

Whats more likely:

1) every coach he's had is an idiot, and hasen't figured out they should abuse him on the block

or

2) KG doesn't really like to play in the post, would rather run the pick and pop game.

This loss isn't on Doc, it's on not having a big who can rebound/ a shot blocker.

Teams have zero fear of driving the lane against us because who's going to block the shot? KG and that's it.

But he's easily neutralized by either having a jump shooting big man pull him out of the paint or just waiting till he goes to the bench.

riiiiiiiiiiiight, let the players tell doc what they want. why even need doc then? marvelous!  ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
What   ???Yes it is...Terry didn't put himself in the game, DOC is coach and put the brickster in the game when it was obvious to anyone with a TV set , that he was worthless against those young speedy guards .  No defense and no offense = SIT him on the bench.  He wasn't playing lockdown defense, he wasn't rebounding , be wasn't getting steals, what the blank was he doing in the game...it wasn't hitting shots...gee

Brilliant coaching job.   

« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2012, 08:44:34 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
What   ???Yes it is...Terry didn't put himself in the game, DOC is coach and put the brickster in the game when it was obvious to anyone with a TV set , that he was worthless against those young speedy guards .  No defense and no offense = SIT him on the bench.  He wasn't playing lockdown defense, he wasn't rebounding , be wasn't getting steals, what the blank was he doing in the game...it wasn't hitting shots...gee

Brilliant coaching job.   

To be honest is a little tough when Doc ALWAYS get the free pass. Even know he seems personally unwilling to take responsability. If you cant control your crew, sharks are the answer.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2012, 08:48:56 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I've been saying it all along its time to give Kris Joseph a shot. I'm not sure what doc mindset is when choosing & playing players.

Kris Joseph has been awesome in the DLeafue to the exent the Celts recall him after every game he plays.

Micah Downs is another guy that played pretty well for us in the preseason. Rebounded well, hustled & shot decent. He's doing that plus more for the Red Claws right now. Not sure what Doc was thinking letting him go.

Release Collins & sign Micah. Trade Jeff & Bass to NOH for Ryan Anderson.

Danny its holiday vacation time, but you better be working.

« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2012, 08:54:38 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

Brilliant coaching job.   

To be honest is a little tough when Doc ALWAYS get the free pass. Even know he seems personally unwilling to take responsability. If you cant control your crew, sharks are the answer.

get someone who can. doc looks like a good ole boy coach. scared to make changes. scared to criticize vets. scared to bench vets. smashing square pegs into round holes over and over and over with his suicidal offensive schemes and styles. if we would pass the ball like other teams we would not even need rondo. i never thought i would say this but not only am i up for trading bass, lee, green etc. i am even up for trading rondo now. gasol? look, we are blowing this thing up in two years or shorter anyways. let's give it one last go. we really have nothing to lose. once PP and KG are gone rondo will be what? 30? are we really going to start from scratch with him at that age?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2012, 09:02:15 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
get someone who can. doc looks like a good ole boy coach. scared to make changes. scared to criticize vets. scared to bench vets. smashing square pegs into round holes over and over and over with his suicidal offensive schemes and styles. if we would pass the ball like other teams we would not even need rondo. i never thought i would say this but not only am i up for trading bass, lee, green etc. i am even up for trading rondo now. gasol? look, we are blowing this thing up in two years or shorter anyways. let's give it one last go. we really have nothing to lose. once PP and KG are gone rondo will be what? 30? are we really going to start from scratch with him at that age?

That's exciting. But your imaginary picture of Doc just isn't true.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2012, 09:03:24 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Hate to make this comparison but Doc is kind of like Terry Francona.  Sometimes, your players just get too comfortable and they need a change.  Doc is what he is.  We know what he's good at and what he's not.  His rotations and his offenses are his weaknesses.  Defense and plays out of timeouts are strengths.  He's definitely not worth the money he's getting paid, but he's not awful either.  If I had to guess, other then Pop he's probably the longest tenured coach in the league with one team.  Sometimes you just need change. 
do it

« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

the good ole boy part?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2012, 09:18:29 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

EL OH EL

wait, wait, you are right, he put in collins. great change. fabulous. That definitely got us to attack the basket more right? instead of shooting bricks?

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

the good ole boy part?
;D
everything i listed i have seen either anecdotal or empirical evidence of THIS YEAR. I am not talking about past years. he only benched RA last year because he had no choice.  :P
LET'S GO CELTICS!