Author Topic: Trade Idea: Grizzles and Wolves  (Read 1659 times)

Trade Idea: Grizzles and Wolves
« on: August 02, 2018, 05:05:25 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I realize Memphis is going to push to make the playoffs this year, but I think, if they stumble out of the gates, there is an obvious trade partner: the Wolves.

Grizzles receive: Wiggins, Teague, Dieng, and two protected 1st
Wolves receive: Gasol and Conley

The Wolves start Gasol-Kat-Butler-3/D-Conley. The future of their team's salary makes a lot of sense with that core. If they fill the roster with minimum contracts and small exemptions, they could still stay under the luxury tax. They are a contender in the West and a tough matchup for anyone with their size and skill. A big move like this might be enough to get Butler to resign, and even if he doesn't the core of Conley-Gasol-Kat is pretty good for the next few years.

The Grizzles start over, getting really good value for their cornerstone pieces. Wiggins is on a long-term contract and can sell the fanbase on hope as a 20 point a game scorer. Teague and Dieng are solid veterans that help the young team develop and fill the holes left by Gasol and Conley. Moving forward, the Grizzles build around Wiggins, Jackson, and their 2019 pick (which they get if it stays in the top 8 ). If they build the team right, they would also have room for a max contract in the 2021 off-season.

Re: Trade Idea: Grizzles and Wolves
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 05:12:50 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Only the Memphis pick matters

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:45:10 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
If the picks are lottery protected, sounds fine.  :)

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 12:55:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I actually wouldn't give up picks if I'm the Wolves. Grizz are getting younger and healthier players.