The Biggest Loser
Top Chef
Mad Men
Dollhouse
Two Guys, A Girl, and a Gyro Place
Jack and Jill: Redux
Felicity
The Secret World of Alex Mack...AND Lauren Conrad

Author Topic: With the New seasons starting soon(TV)  (Read 14559 times)

Re: With the New seasons starting soon(TV)
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 12:28:38 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
don't do it..they hate that.

What they don't know, don't hurt them.

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 02:39:15 AM »

Offline rrc589

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
I like a couple other shows in that list but the only two shows I watch religiously are LOST and The Office.

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 09:03:41 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I like a couple other shows in that list but the only two shows I watch religiously are LOST and The Office.

I'm totally with you on this one, those are the only shows I must see every week (at least now that The Shield is gone).

I am hoping the Office bounces back a little in Season 6.  Not that season 5 was bad or anything, but it wasn't up there with previous seasons, especially since there were some real clunkers along the way (Cafe Disco, anyone?).  I think they just set the bar way too high for themselves with the brilliance that was Seasons 3 and 4.

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:22 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Not sure how Entourage isnt up there!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 09:10:18 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
Not sure how Entourage isnt up there!

Maybe because it isn't a fall show? 3 more episodes and it's done.

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 09:11:05 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I Guess, But im still going to be looking forward to next summer of that more than any of the shows up there lol
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 10:45:40 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I really only watch Lost and How I Met Your Mother and the Celtics.

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 10:57:13 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I Guess, But im still going to be looking forward to next summer of that more than any of the shows up there lol

I have watched every single season of entourage, and Im not gonna stop any time soon, but that show has gotten so freaking terrible. I mean just one of the biggest 22 min let downs in the history of television.

Every single week, its like someone puts a fresh buttery lobster in front of you, waits just until you've got that first claw cracked, then takes everything away. Its a complete tease.

Hardknocks, that is a solid TV show. Each week it starts and it stops, with the promise of more of the same next week.

Entourage is like having someone call you, get 5 lines into a really good story, then stop mid sentence. The first couple of times its cute, but then eventually it just gets so annoying.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 11:03:18 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I cant disagree more, I think Entourage is one of the best shows on TV.  Its funny as well as suspenseful, I can see where it could get annoying the way they keep you hanging, but Lost does the same thing.  I mean the Characters on that show are just superb.  The Ari/Lloyd back and forth is hillarious.  Drama in and of himself could be a show.  Eric is the guy that I always find myself trying to root for.  Turtle is usually funny, and his relationship with Meadow Soprano is baffling to me on and off the show.  Vince Id say is my least favorite character on the show, but that is far and away offset by the parade of beautiful girls that make their way through every episode. 

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 11:08:53 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I cant disagree more, I think Entourage is one of the best shows on TV.  Its funny as well as suspenseful, I can see where it could get annoying the way they keep you hanging, but Lost does the same thing.  I mean the Characters on that show are just superb.  The Ari/Lloyd back and forth is hillarious.  Drama in and of himself could be a show.  Eric is the guy that I always find myself trying to root for.  Turtle is usually funny, and his relationship with Meadow Soprano is baffling to me on and off the show.  Vince Id say is my least favorite character on the show, but that is far and away offset by the parade of beautiful girls that make their way through every episode. 

Eh it definitely isn't one of the best shows on TV, maybe it was in it's earlier seasons, but there really isn't much content in these episodes.  It's a lot of the same themes regurgitated over and over.

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 11:13:17 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
"Two Guys, A Girl, and a Gyro Place"  Is this real?  Didn't they do the exact same title with a pizza place like 10 years ago?

I'm looking forward to Sunny and Venture Brothers and that's about it.  Hopefully Sunny will be a little less uneven than Season 4 and get back to the pure awesome that was Seasons 2+3.  Venture Brothers has just kept getting better throughout its run - seriously, if you haven't seen it, Hulu it or whatever, once you see a few eps and get a feel for the show's world, you'll be hooked. 

Does anyone know when Eastbound and Down is coming back?  I might be looking forward to that more than the other two.

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 11:17:23 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Yeah Rondo you're only eating McDonalds.

You need to step your TV game up and check out Mad Men or maybe Dexter. Get some Wendy's. Always Fresh Never Frozen.

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 11:24:38 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm looking forward to the new seasons of Lost, 24, Dexter, and the Patriots and Celtics. And that's about it. I do watch American Idol and House but really never look forward to them, I just watch them if they are on while I might be interested in watching television that night.

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 11:27:42 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
"Two Guys, A Girl, and a Gyro Place"  Is this real?  Didn't they do the exact same title with a pizza place like 10 years ago?

I'm kinda disappointed it took this long for people to notice that.

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 11:31:46 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

I'm looking forward to Sunny and Venture Brothers and that's about it.  Hopefully Sunny will be a little less uneven than Season 4 and get back to the pure awesome that was Seasons 2+3.  Venture Brothers has just kept getting better throughout its run - seriously, if you haven't seen it, Hulu it or whatever, once you see a few eps and get a feel for the show's world, you'll be hooked. 

Does anyone know when Eastbound and Down is coming back?  I might be looking forward to that more than the other two.

Agree with you on Sunny - it was a roller coaster season of good and bad episodes, although Mac and Charlie Die is probably my favorite episode of all time.  The previews though, as usual, look phenomenal.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com