Author Topic: Woj: Damian Lillard Traded to the Bucks (Official)  (Read 10810 times)

Re: Woj: Damian Lillard Traded to the Bucks (Official)
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2023, 08:06:48 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 981
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The Damian Lillard trade looks great after that haul for Jrue Holiday. So Portland had:

Blazers receive: Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, Toumani Camara, Bucks' 2029 first-round pick (unprotected), swap rights on Bucks' 2028 and 2030 picks

Now they have traded Jrue for Brogdon, Rob Williams 2024 GSW 1st, 2029 unprotected Celtics 1st.

Portland could trade Brogdon and Rob Williams and pickup at least another 1st for each one of them. Maybe 2 for Timelord. That would add 4-5 1sts on top of the one 1st they got from MIL along with two pick swaps and Ayton.

Trade looking great. Home run for Portland.
Portland showing the rest of the league how to blow it up right. Not only do they have lots of picks now, but a pretty nice young core with Henderson, Simons, Ayton, R. Williams, Knox, Sharpe etc.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 08:21:34 AM by Surferdad »

Re: Woj: Damian Lillard Traded to the Bucks (Official)
« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2023, 10:11:05 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
The Damian Lillard trade looks great after that haul for Jrue Holiday. So Portland had:

Blazers receive: Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, Toumani Camara, Bucks' 2029 first-round pick (unprotected), swap rights on Bucks' 2028 and 2030 picks

Now they have traded Jrue for Brogdon, Rob Williams 2024 GSW 1st, 2029 unprotected Celtics 1st.

Portland could trade Brogdon and Rob Williams and pickup at least another 1st for each one of them. Maybe 2 for Timelord. That would add 4-5 1sts on top of the one 1st they got from MIL along with two pick swaps and Ayton.

Trade looking great. Home run for Portland.

I wonder if the Clippers are still interested. Sending Brogdon there for a first would be a great addition to the deal, especially if that pick was in the 2025-2027 range (since they already have a couple picks next year and more down the line. I think they're better off spreading them out a bit so they don't run into a situation where they don't have the roster space for all of their first)
I don't think the Clippers can trade picks for awhile

TP, you're right they have already traded all picks/swaps up through 2026. So it would have to be a 2028 or 2029 pick
I'm bitter.