Author Topic: I deserve Dad of theyear! This is a horror story  (Read 14115 times)

Re: I deserve Dad of theyear! This is a horror story
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 05:41:51 PM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 35

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 06:02:58 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
Wallace, judging from his body positioning, is in midst of dribbling down the court, and is clearly committing a palming violation.  Dude is horrible, even as a fathead.

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 12:25:10 AM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
If you don't mind me asking, where is the Wallace fathead placed in the home?
his room

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 12:23:46 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I don't know why people are laughing, your son has great taste.  He picked the guy who's always diving on the floor and bringing the most hustle.  That's always how I've picked my favorite players (Powe, TA).  I've loved Gerald Wallace for years.  At least he picked a guy who will be remembered, let's be honest, when all is said and done Wallace will end up having the 2nd best career of anyone else on this roster.  A true horror story would be having Tyler Zeller, or Phil Pressey on your wall.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Haha tp. This is fantastic.

There was a time when Crash was one of my favorite players in the league. I always had to put him on my 2K team in franchise mode. When he changes his favorite player and you're ready to sell it, you let me know and Ill be first in line!

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 12:51:34 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
At least Wallace is a Celtic.

Your son could have asked for a Kobe fathead.

A true horror story that would be.

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 01:26:44 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Depite the fact that he's been playing at the level of the bench dwelling veteran that he is at this point during his time with the Celtics, Crash has always been one of the players I've rooted for throughout his career.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 01:31:29 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
At least Wallace is a Celtic.

Your son could have asked for a Kobe fathead.

A true horror story that would be.

Though on the flip-side, any father who gave into his son's wish for a Kobe fathead on the wall of his house would certainly not be up for Dad of the Year.

That's outright failure in upbringing.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I'm trying my hardest to get my girl interested in basketball, but anytime I have it on she says, "That's boring, Daddy!" Unfortunately, I think she's more of the head cheerleader type than the basketball type.   :-[ Feel lucky!

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 03:34:22 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
My daughter just turned 5.  She went to her first Cs game at age 3 and has been all about it since.  Her favorite player is Rondo so I got her an autographed Romeo pic for her bedroom.  She also really likes Kelly and gets so excited every time she sees him on the court.  Bringing her to another her 3rd Vs game in a couple weeks. 
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 03:37:17 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I'm trying my hardest to get my girl interested in basketball, but anytime I have it on she says, "That's boring, Daddy!" Unfortunately, I think she's more of the head cheerleader type than the basketball type.   :-[ Feel lucky!

Have you taken her to an actual game?

The spectacle of it all may capture her. Lots of "entertainment" now as opposed to a bunch of years ago. Just a suggestion.

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 04:33:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Well, I accidentally stumbled upon my wife's Christmas gift to me this year, and it just so happens to be tickets to a Celtics game at Indiana (closer for us). So I guess we'll see where she stands after the game!

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2014, 05:49:05 PM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
Well, I accidentally stumbled upon my wife's Christmas gift to me this year, and it just so happens to be tickets to a Celtics game at Indiana (closer for us). So I guess we'll see where she stands after the game!

Good luck!

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2014, 06:40:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
My son's favorite player on the Celtics is Gerald Wallace, my son is 7. I have no issue with Gerald besides his contract which isn't his fault , and I don't blame him for not refusing the money. Anyway, I bought my son a Gerald Wallace fathead. I tried to get  him to get a Bird, but obviously that just went over his head. I tried Rondo, but he said, "but dad Wallace is my favorite ". So I bought it. I got me a small Rondo one to go on the mini fridge in the man cave, I felt I deserved it.  Do we have any other similar parent/child celtics stories out there? I would love,to here them.  I wonder how many Tommy Points I would get for this?

Sorry man , no Tommy point for you. Glad you got him the poster he wanted though.

Wallace may not be the same guy he was a few seasons ago(scoring, rebounding) but there is a reason he has been in the league so long. And he plays the game the right way.  He is still diving for loose balls. He is a good leader. Your son at least a player like that and not a Beasley or JR Smith

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 06:42:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Man i wish my wife would get me a gift like that. Unfornately she dislikes this time of the year bc she will "lose" me to basketball she says lol
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:12:27 PM by triboy16f »