Author Topic: Celtics (6-1) at Nets (0-6) 11/7  (Read 76303 times)

Re: Celtics (6-1) at Nets (0-6) 11/7
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 03:23:39 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Update: Courtney Lee is out with a groin injury ;D

I love the lottery in the NBA, cause think of all the teams that'd be losing on purpose to build their team with LBJ AND this year number one pick.

Do you think Lebron would be able to turn down the Nets offer if they had all that salary space, brook lopez, devin harris, #1 overall pick, and courtney lee?

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 04:23:20 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I love the lottery in the NBA, cause think of all the teams that'd be losing on purpose to build their team with LBJ AND this year number one pick.

Do you think Lebron would be able to turn down the Nets offer if they had all that salary space, brook lopez, devin harris, #1 overall pick, and courtney lee?

I'd say yes, IMO.

Even with all that, Lebron in NJ would make playoffs, but advance no further than 2nd round if that, IMO. Not enough experience.

And they could bring in anyone else available for the max (Bosh, Wade, etc). Still 2nd round of playoffs if that.

Lebron is the 1st or 2nd best player in the League, but he can't do it all by himself.

IMO, he would need to be with KG, Pierce, Ray, Kobe, Gasol, Dwight, Duncan, Nowitzki....one of those type players in order to be Championship-Eligible.

And I said in another thread that Boston has the best pieces in place for him for a bright future (Rondo/Perk).

Will be a very interesting NBA year. Landscape of NBA is about to change I believe.

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 04:28:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Is this the game thread or the lebron future thread. I think the title is getting messed up. I think celtics are gonna win by 25 tonight and we will see some lester hudson.

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Is this the game thread or the lebron future thread. I think the title is getting messed up. I think celtics are gonna win by 25 tonight and we will see some lester hudson.

Maybe even some more Giddens showcasing?
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 04:59:57 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

I'd say yes, IMO.

Even with all that, Lebron in NJ would make playoffs, but advance no further than 2nd round if that, IMO. Not enough experience.

And they could bring in anyone else available for the max (Bosh, Wade, etc). Still 2nd round of playoffs if that.

Lebron is the 1st or 2nd best player in the League, but he can't do it all by himself.

IMO, he would need to be with KG, Pierce, Ray, Kobe, Gasol, Dwight, Duncan, Nowitzki....one of those type players in order to be Championship-Eligible.

And I said in another thread that Boston has the best pieces in place for him for a bright future (Rondo/Perk).

Will be a very interesting NBA year. Landscape of NBA is about to change I believe.

Isn't John Wall supposed to be the top pick in the draft this year? They could easily trade either that pick (If they got it) or Devin Harris for another star to go with LeBron. I think Lopez/Harris/LeBron is about a million times better than anything he has in Cleveland now. Add a top pick onto that or another star at SG and they could contend with a little bench depth.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
And the bad news just keeps coming for the Nets.  Chris Mannix of SI just tweeted that the Nets have announced that Chris Douglas-Roberts has tested positive for swine flu.   I just hope our team has gotten their flu shots.   

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 06:01:25 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
And the bad news just keeps coming for the Nets.  Chris Mannix of SI just tweeted that the Nets have announced that Chris Douglas-Roberts has tested positive for swine flu.   I just hope our team has gotten their flu shots.   

Oh, that's no good  :-\ CDR just found his feet in the league this season.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Were had 2 terrible games and we almost won both, so I hope we play a good game(play D).
I feel like KG is not making smart moves from defensive point of view, over helping and being late, Pecherov abused him and so did the Suns.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 06:25:05 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I'd really rather a full strength strong team tonight since the C's have been less than stellar the last 2 nights and really need to play some inspired basketball tonight.  Playing a winless team that is minus 3 rotation players will be hard to get up for.  Want to avoid bad habits and they've started a couple in the last 2 games.

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Can you think of anything else interesting about the Nets?

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 07:02:33 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Marquis Daniels not playing tonight - out with family situation.  Scal expected to play

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 07:05:53 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Marquis Daniels not playing tonight - out with family situation.  Scal expected to play

Wow, this absence will hurt us. I hope everything is OK for Marquis.

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 07:20:43 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Geez, I'd like to see a little hustle on defense, Daniels or no Daniels.  The last two games I haven't seen much.  They've been going through the motions.

Maybe it's time for Lester Hudson to provide some energy.

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 07:21:03 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
...So the Nets have what 7 or 8 players available tonight?

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2009, 07:24:34 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Marquis is out because of family matters, i wish him well... and wish Lester Hudson some playing time. Or maybe Rondo gets a lot of minutes and has is first Triple Dub.