Author Topic: Who are 7 teams interested in Rozier??  (Read 1412 times)

Who are 7 teams interested in Rozier??
« on: November 08, 2018, 09:01:20 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Wonder who are the 7 teams that i heard are interested in Terry Rozier? My guess are

Phoenix
Orlando
San Antonio
New York
Detroit
LA Clippers
New Orleans

who your 7??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Who are 7 teams interested in Rozier??
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:43:33 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Cleveland has been identified.  Presumably they think they can play Sexton and Rozier together.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 10:05:21 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I wonder if Philadelphia would be interested, as Rozier has more of a scoring mentality and it would still give Simmons the option to run the point.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:47:05 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Isn't it more about the team with $16M to $20M possible for his deal next year?

I have heard "low first rounder" in a trade. Ainge is going to "do well" if he trades Rozier as Ainge's track record suggests it.

Rozier sets up as a "starter." Ainge will want a starter even though he already has too many starters to give a "new starter" any minutes.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 10:55:10 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Wonder who are the 7 teams that i heard are interested in Terry Rozier? My guess are

Phoenix
Orlando
San Antonio
New York
Detroit
LA Clippers
New Orleans

who your 7??

Of all of them I think I like the idea of San Antonio the best. Something that's often lost when people discuss Rozier is that he spent time at Hargrave Military Academy. Pop is a huge proponent of Military style tradition and discipline so it stands to reason the Rozier would be a natural fit in SA especially since Murray's future is so up in the air.

As for who we'd take back... Would you maybe send Rozier and Baynes back for a package centered around Jakob Poeltl?

Baynes would have to agree of course since he has Veto rights on any trade but maybe the chance to return to San Antonio where he got his start and help shape the core of their value structure would be appealing to him.

For us, I thought very highly of Poeltl coming out of College and it'd be a good way to consolidate our roster crunch. Might not be able to put out the same kind of production that Baynes could this year but would be a better fit long term for the timeline of our core.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:07:03 AM by Smartacus »

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 10:59:25 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
love to have Poeltl
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 07:14:55 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Maybe a trade centered around Kyle Korver+ a future pick. Dont know how feasible is that.

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 07:29:43 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Maybe a trade centered around Kyle Korver+ a future pick. Dont know how feasible is that.

Korver is 37 and was a horrible defender in his prime, he's unplayable now on a contending team. I'd want Cedi Osman in return for Rozier.

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 07:36:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Korver is 37 and was a horrible defender in his prime, he's unplayable now on a contending team. I'd want Cedi Osman in return for Rozier.
I want less players who can't shoot, not more
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 07:37:40 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Osman can shoot, and unlike the corpse of Korver, he can also play D and handle the ball.

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 07:53:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Osman can shoot, and unlike the corpse of Korver, he can also play D and handle the ball.
I dunno, whenever I see him get many minutes (and I understand that it's Cleveland, but still) he just seems to have really poor shot selection, and can't make those shots. Hence his .371% from the field and .333% from deep this year. He is a good rebounder and passer though, if a little turnover prone, but that makes me think that the Cavs would be less likely to give him up.

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 07:56:55 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Phoenix
Orlando
San Antonio
New York
Detroit
LA Clippers
New Orleans

who your 7??

Of all of them I think I like the idea of San Antonio the best. Something that's often lost when people discuss Rozier is that he spent time at Hargrave Military Academy. Pop is a huge proponent of Military style tradition and discipline so it stands to reason the Rozier would be a natural fit in SA especially since Murray's future is so up in the air.

As for who we'd take back... Would you maybe send Rozier and Baynes back for a package centered around Jakob Poeltl?

Baynes would have to agree of course since he has Veto rights on any trade but maybe the chance to return to San Antonio where he got his start and help shape the core of their value structure would be appealing to him.

For us, I thought very highly of Poeltl coming out of College and it'd be a good way to consolidate our roster crunch. Might not be able to put out the same kind of production that Baynes could this year but would be a better fit long term for the timeline of our core.
That would send an awful message. Baynes legit didn’t even test FA because he wanted to stay here. He’s also a big reason they can somewhat neutralize Philly.

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 08:04:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Phoenix
Orlando
San Antonio
New York
Detroit
LA Clippers
New Orleans

who your 7??

That would send an awful message. Baynes legit didn’t even test FA because he wanted to stay here. He’s also a big reason they can somewhat neutralize Philly.
Plus Baynes has pretty much equal value on-court to Poeltl. Not sure I like that unless we get a solid bit in addition for Rozier

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 08:42:45 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Phoenix
Orlando
San Antonio
New York
Detroit
LA Clippers
New Orleans

who your 7??
Assuming these are the teams, I'd be inclined to make a trade with

Phoenix for Bridges
(let's say Rozier + Yabu + 2019 C's first for Bridges)

- 43.5 3P% last season in college (6 attempts per game)
- great length (3+D potential)
- NBA-ready (22 years old, has played 3 full seasons in college)
- under team control till 2022

New York for Ntilikina
(let's say Rozier + Bird* for Ntilikina)

- 6'5 (possibly without shoes), 7'1 wingspan --> can defend multiple positions
- Decent spot up shooter (solid mechanics --> chances are that he 'll improve over time)

*we cannot trade Bird till December 15

LA Clips for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
(let's say Rozier + Williams for SGA)

The Clips lost Jordan and replaced him with Gortat. It's only logical to assume that they could have a use for Williams in the future.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:33:00 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 08:43:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

The Cavs also wouldn't move Osman for Rozier.  The reality is there really isn't much of a trade with the Cavs unless it is a much larger trade involving someone like Kevin Love (which I think the ship has sailed on him here).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip