Author Topic: Luka Doncic Awareness Thread  (Read 116525 times)

Re: Kings passed on drafting Doncic because Divac hated Lukas dad
« Reply #405 on: November 25, 2019, 08:03:00 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
The baffling Kings took Bagley over Luka
Halleluka, hallelu-u-u-u-ka! 8)

The Kings are a joke of a franchise. Vlade also drafted Fox because foxes are smart and he thought he was an actual fox. :P

Btw, any news on the Game of Zones front? Is it gonna continue now that the Game of Thrones is over? I loved that show!

If fairness, I thought Bagley was going to be something special. He still could, but it seems he's been injured alot.

Deandre Ayton hasn't made much of an impact on Phoenix (surprisingly.)

Yeah, Luka is unreal.

Re: Luka Doncic Awareness Thread
« Reply #406 on: November 25, 2019, 09:21:36 AM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
TP to the OP and all others that were out in front of this early.  The "upside" arguments that have been made while comparing him to other young players seem really silly.  Even if this is his "peak", it's a hall of fame peak.  Kicking the dead horse yet again, why oh why couldn't he have been 1 year older (so we could get him in 2017).

« Reply #407 on: November 25, 2019, 06:02:48 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I would be Curious to see Danny’s draft board that year. Was Luka his top ranked player? I wonder.

He is amazing though and over the past two decades, somehow Cuban lands the top 2 international players. Definitely fortunate in more ways then one. He will be good for a few titles at least.

« Reply #408 on: November 25, 2019, 06:07:02 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I would be Curious to see Danny’s draft board that year. Was Luka his top ranked player? I wonder.

He is amazing though and over the past two decades, somehow Cuban lands the top 2 international players. Definitely fortunate in more ways then one. He will be good for a few titles at least.

Let's set a 15 year reminder to come back to this post. I don't think the Mavs win more than 1 title with Doncic.  ;D :D

What if Danny Ainge traded up in the 2018 NBA draft to get Doncic?
« Reply #409 on: November 27, 2019, 05:09:49 PM »

Offline Boss_D

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'm just wondering, what if DA traded some of his assets before the 2018 NBA Draft to get Doncic. How good are they now with Doncic around, trading some combinations of the players that was gone from the 2018-19 roster like, Kyrie Irving, Al Horford, Aaron Baynes, Terry Rozier, Marcus Morris, Yabu plus draft pick/s to teams like Kings and Hawks who passed up on drafting Luka.

i can only imagine the core of, Doncic, Smart, Brown, Hayward and Tatum. Maybe they can still get Kemba since he is set to become UFA that time.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 05:24:28 PM by Boss_Dick »

Re: What if Danny Ainge traded up in the 2018 NBA draft to get Doncic?
« Reply #410 on: November 27, 2019, 05:16:33 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I was good with Danny shipping out Tatum and Brown, I love both players, for Doncic in that Draft. I thought Doncic was like a LeBron once a generation type player. He was 17 and just dominating the Euro-League. You trade anything you can to get a player like Doncic and fill in the Blanks later. What did he end up going 5th or something or traded from 3rd to 5th?

« Reply #411 on: November 27, 2019, 05:28:16 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
There would've been no reason to.

Going into the 18/19 season, we had a very strong roster. Obviously, it didn't pan out, but this hypothetical is just kinda far fetched.

You can start asking any question in the world with a "what if" in front of it.

The one that will always get me is not drafting Giannis, because that could've been very realistic.

But that's also 6 years ago, so it's a moot point.

« Reply #412 on: November 27, 2019, 05:33:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I was good with Danny shipping out Tatum and Brown, I love both players, for Doncic in that Draft. I thought Doncic was like a LeBron once a generation type player. He was 17 and just dominating the Euro-League. You trade anything you can to get a player like Doncic and fill in the Blanks later. What did he end up going 5th or something or traded from 3rd to 5th?

Which means even if Danny didn't make the Kyrie trade, we still would've ended up with the 8th pick, which would NOT have been enough to help us trade up to get Doncic.

And regardless of what happened last year, I still back Danny in making the Kyrie/Isaiah trade 100%

« Reply #413 on: November 27, 2019, 05:34:27 PM »

Offline Boss_D

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
He ended up 3rd to Atlanta, but traded to Mavs for Trae Young and the Mavs 2019 first round pick which ended up 10th.

« Reply #414 on: November 27, 2019, 05:34:49 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
As much as I want my street named Luka Doncic Road I am happy with our current team.

It is a joy to watch Boston play this year.

I'd rather have Doncic pester LeBron and Co. out west. LeBron has a minefield with DAL, LAC, HOU and Utah....not to mention a rejuvenated PHX.

« Reply #415 on: November 27, 2019, 05:40:25 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

3rd to 5th.

Tatum and Brown for Doncic?

No way!

Tatum and Brown will each have rings before Doncic even comes close to making it to the finals.

« Reply #416 on: November 27, 2019, 05:43:41 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Which means even if Danny didn't make the Kyrie trade, we still would've ended up with the 8th pick, which would NOT have been enough to help us trade up to get Doncic.

And regardless of what happened last year, I still back Danny in making the Kyrie/Isaiah trade 100%

True.

It was more of the #8 pick and damaged goods for Kyrie.

If Isaiah didn't get injured, I don't think Ainge would've traded him for Kyrie.
Ainge could've done the trade for Kyrie without including Isaiah.

« Reply #417 on: November 27, 2019, 06:32:40 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Boston would be winning multiple titles with Luka Doncic, that's what would happen!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #418 on: November 27, 2019, 06:48:04 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Have beat writers for the NBA looked into the possibility of Giannis going to Dallas in the summer of 2021?
I think Mavericks will have the space to do it

« Reply #419 on: November 27, 2019, 08:51:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Have beat writers for the NBA looked into the possibility of Giannis going to Dallas in the summer of 2021?
I think Mavericks will have the space to do it

I don’t think that would be a good fit.