Author Topic: Anthony Davis changing agents.  (Read 5835 times)

Re: Anthony Davis changing agents.
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2018, 10:09:54 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Ingram has all star talent and he’s a baby who should be improving steadily for at least 5 years.

Except he is playing with LBJ now.   Name one good young player who got better with LeBron dominating the ball?   Ingram can kiss the development goodbye.
I agree with this part.  Lebron will probably be even worse for Ball’s development.

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2018, 10:14:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Who are the Lakers sending to the Pels to make it worthwhile

Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Hart.

If Davis makes it known he wants to be a Laker it's a done deal, IMO.
That's a terrible deal for NOP. They could get something better than that elsewhere easily.

Kawhi played 9 games and is way more of a 'lock' (in that he isn't really a lock, but the LA hype machine is in full-motion) for LA than AD is, and he still returned a 4 x All-Star, 2 x All-NBA guy who just turned 29, and is also arguably Toronto's greatest player.

Safe to say NOP could get more than a good wing prospect, a decent swing, a guard who is high-risk and perhaps high-reward, if he learns how to put the ball in the ring, and a solid bench guard.
I don't know if that is a terrible deal, especially if the Lakers throw in some 1st's, but they could probably do better.  Ingram is widely regarded as at worst an all star level player and some believe he has franchise level player potential.  Kuzma and Ball are easily starter level players, and Ball probably has all star level player talent.  Hart is a quality rotational level player.  So it really depends on what how highly you rate Ingram and to a lesser extent Ball on how good that offer is.  The Lakers obviously think very highly of them as they wouldn't include 2 of the main 3 in a trade for Leonard, and I suspect much of the league feels the same way.

Who in the heck things Ingram is "at worst an all star level player"? Basically the Pels would be getting a couple draft busts and late first round steal for the best player in the game. Ok I guess..
As his peak potential, virtually everyone.  Brandon Ingram has incredible talent and showed it off for a pretty long period of time last year, so it isn't some mythical thing.
That isn’t true at all. There is absolutely no consensus that Ingram will be an All-Star wing in the future, because he is yet to put a body of work that would suggest that.

Out West there is Durant, LeBron, DeRozan, Klay, Butler, Booker, PG and Harden who are all clearly better, and are all 2-4 players. No chance Ingram breaks into that team unless he peaks at 30, when all these guys except Booker are gone. But even then, the likes of Doncic will likely be ahead of him anyway.
This post implies that you think time stands still and that players don’t improve or decline.  Ingram has all star talent and he’s a baby who should be improving steadily for at least 5 years.  Some of the guys on your list will decline in the next few years.  I’d bet Ingram makes at least a few all star teams.  Just maturing and getting physically stronger will make him a borderline all star.  He has the potential to be a much more rounded player than someone like Booker.
Whether you inferred that from my post or not, that's not what I intended to imply. What I was implying is that he's playing next to LeBron James, and Ingram was playing at his best when he was playing that psuedo-hybrid point forward role - the role that James will assume. He stands to have less touches and will be in an offence with a completely different role for him for at least 4 years.

Then there's the potential addition of another big name free agent, like Kawhi. If they get Kawhi, you can kiss any potential for Ingram to be an All-Star until 2024 or so goodbye.

And yeah, he might turn into a more rounded player than someone like Booker, but if you look at their body of work, comparable injury history and an age gap of less than a year, I can't see why you'd pick Booker ahead of him
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2018, 02:48:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Ingram has all star talent and he’s a baby who should be improving steadily for at least 5 years.

Except he is playing with LBJ now.   Name one good young player who got better with LeBron dominating the ball?   Ingram can kiss the development goodbye.
Irving got significantly better playing next to James (as did Thompson).  Mario Chalmers built a decade long career playing next to Lebron James.  There have been others as well (Osman seemed to be just fine as a rookie last year).  Now, what differs is those guys generally aren't wings.  That is a harder thing, but I could easily see Ingram being the guy that benefits the most from playing with James as he has the best shooting talent of their young players, is an excellent passer for the position, and a solid rebounder.  He also just quite frankly has the most skill and potential.  I think Kuzma and Ball are going to suffer, but I expect Ingram to still perform very well and as the 2nd option, I think he could actually flourish. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:17:27 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2018, 04:28:46 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Irving got significantly better playing next to James (as did Thompson).  Mario Chalmers built a decade long career playing next to Lebron James.  There have been others as well (Osman seemed to be just fine as a rookie last year).  Now, what differs is those guys generally aren't wings.  That is a harder thing, but I could easily see Ingram being the guy that benefits the most from playing with James as he has the best shooting talent of their young players, is an excellent passer for the position, and a solid rebounder.  He also just quite frankly has the most skill and potential.  I think Kuzma and Ball are going to suffer, but I expect Ingram to still perform very well and as the 2nd option, I think he could actually flourish.

I've seen Ball is really working on his Three ball. Kuzma better be too. All these guys should be doing nothing but practicing three's, cause that's all there gonna be doing.

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2018, 04:33:24 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I've seen Ball is really working on his Three ball. Kuzma better be too. All these guys should be doing nothing but practicing three's, cause that's all there gonna be doing.

From what I hear Lebron is more open to running the lanes more in transition than in the past so I could see Ball being possibly the main ball handler in transition, and the second ball handler in the half court offense.