Author Topic: Project Celtics Win Total/Playoff Advancement 2019-20 Season  (Read 6698 times)

Re: Project Celtics Win Total/Playoff Advancement 2019-20 Season
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 05:16:12 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
i guess i will say 49 and second round loss. If we were to somehow get someone line steven adams though and only lose smart and filler i think we would make ecf or finals.

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 05:17:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
48 wins & 2nd round loss

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 05:31:37 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
55 games.

Coaching gets exposed as weak point yet again in the 2nd round.

Lol.

Brad has pretty much overachieved every season sans this past one. When you factor in all the extenuating circumstances (Kyrie half out the door, Rozier thinking he’s Gary Payton, Gordon not himself yet, etc.), it’s pretty easy to believe last season was the aberration.

Even with all that, we smoked out Indy (remember the people saying it would be a long series and HCA would be the difference?) and blew out Milwaukee on the road before, coincidently, Kyrie went out and had his worst 4-game stretch as a Celtic.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 05:45:53 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Anyone can win the East does it really matter how many regular season wins the team has...

The playoffs have shown you never want to give your best effort during the regular season... All.of your tricks and secret plays and best line ups you wanna save for the playoffs and hope the other team can't adjust quick enough.

Bucks, Pacers, 76ers, Raptors, Nets, Heat I think all have an equal chance it's actually very balanced...

Pacers got Brogdon Bucks got worse 76ers got worse Raptors lost Kawhi but Kawhi joined a 59 win team remember? Toronto winning the East wasn't really that surprising last year.

This year it's anyone's ball game who ever puts in the work during the summer develops their game will win the East.

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2019, 05:47:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Too soon, we don't know if our final roster will change.

If it doesn't I'd say 52 wins and a 2nd round loss to one of Milwaukee/Indy/Philly. I think we'll be a better regular season team and around the same or a notch better in the playoffs, but not improved enough to go farther.

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 05:53:06 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
So many variables with this team as currently constructed.

I expect 46 wins and dismissed in 5 in the 2nd round. Hope for 52 and 2nd round tough out. Hard to see them beating Bucks or 76ers without an injury.

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2019, 06:03:56 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Win Total:  47

Playoff Advancement:  Second round exit

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 06:11:20 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

1st round

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2019, 06:17:33 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Obviously assuming everyone stays healthy, and no major roster changes from this point, I'm going to call for 54 wins and making it to the ECF if the draw is right.

We obviously are weaker at the 5 with the loss of Horford and Baynes, but I think Brad has enough versatility with Kanter / RW / Poirier / Theis (and who knows, maybe Tacko?) to at least make that a league-average spot in the lineup.   Maybe better-than-average.

And Kemba may not be individually able to match the elite scoring that we got out of Kyrie and certainly not out of what we got out of Thomas before that, but he's going to be close enough.   Overall, we should be way above average for net production out of the PG slot.   And perhaps more importantly, I think his style of attack is going to be more complementary to his teammates than Kyrie's more iso-oriented style was.

From that point, the rest of our lineup is, imho, going to be dramatically better than the last couple of years.   I expect Jaylen, Jayson and Smart to all be better versions of themselves from recent years and certainly better than the Avery+Crowder+Smart threesome before them.   And I'm expecting Hayward to be very close to, if not all the way back and that's a player who is a game changer.  None of the last few teams hear had a player of the level of quality that "Utah Gordon" was.   I expect him to be fully back by the time we get to the playoffs.

The bench is young, but has a lot of solid, competent players who should be perfect in much better defined roles than last year.   Smart, Grant, Robert, Carsen, Semi, Theis, Poirier, Wanamaker -- these guys all seem like they will be easy for Brad to make use of in well-defined roles.

The whole team just looks setup to be far more complementary with each other than last year.

And I believe Brad is going to show tremendous growth as a coach based on the painful lessons of this last year.

Finally, on intangibles, I don't think it will escape notice that everybody is counting the team out.   Multiple "national" pundits are starting to come out with their early 'power rankings' and everybody is dismissing the Celtics as at best a 4th seed and some are projecting far lower.   That's going to add a little fuel to the fire.

So I'm expecting we will win closer to the number of games we won in 2016-17 & 2017-18 than we did last year.

As to how far we will go in the playoffs, that may depend on seeding.   Milwaukee is the only team that 'scares' me, so if we don't meet them until the ECF, I think we will get there.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2019, 06:18:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2019, 07:01:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
56 wins NBA finals.

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2019, 07:09:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
56 wins NBA finals.

Love it.

Add in a season sweep of BKN "AND" a 4-2 series win in the playoffs - with Smart and JB doing a  stalwart defensive job on Kyrie and this could go down as one of my favorite Celtics seasons EVER...............

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2019, 07:13:36 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
42 wins...6th in East...1st round exit
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2019, 07:39:42 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
45 wins first round exit. No more high expectations after what happened last season.

Loss of Horford is huge, and losing half the roster of old. Mainly the vets.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2019, 08:02:53 PM »

Offline wreckoner

• NCE
  • Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 11
55 wins. NBA finals. Gordon and Kemba Allstars. JT and/or JB could sneak in, too. This team will be a precision machine. All those Hayward haters will eat crow.