Author Topic: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love  (Read 26554 times)

Re: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2014, 09:44:28 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Chad ford is an idiot. He is no woj

Ainge has never overpaid as a celts gm. He will prob offer sully or ko and 17 but thats it. If the wolves say no , too bad.  He is set to draft smart, gordon, randle or whoever drops at 6th

You dont give up everything on a guy who might jet after 1 yr. His verbal promise means nothing to me. Look at what boozer did to the cavs

There is so much wrong with this post... You're deluded if you seriously think Ainge will only offer Sully, and the 17th pick...

Your deluded if you think he is going to give up the farm on a possible 1 yr rental.

Ainge wouldn't trade for Love without assurance from his agent that he'd sign an extension. Also, there's no way Minnesota trades a 25 year old All-Star for a midround pick and a prospect with a lot of questions marks (motivation for conditioning, back, defense, etc.). If the C's get Love I would guarantee number 6 is included.

« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
When did he say he didn't want to go to Cleveland

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2014, 09:46:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Well we will see what happens.  Love coming here is not guaranteed.  Some of you can believe it that it is. But its not

« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2014, 09:49:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Ainge has never overpaid as a celts gm. He will prob offer sully or ko and 17 but thats it. If the wolves say no , too bad.  He is set to draft smart, gordon, randle or whoever drops at 6th

You dont give up everything on a guy who might jet after 1 yr. His verbal promise means nothing to me. Look at what boozer did to the cavs

Chad Ford is no Woj, but that doesn't mean he's an unreliable source. He's plugged in with the General Managers.

He is unreliable.  Just bc he works for espn ppl think he is reliable

Woj is prob the only reliable nba source out there. And his info only comes out like the day prior of the actual event

So he's unreliable because you say so? How about giving a reason why fans shouldn't trust Ford, before attacking his credentials.

« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2014, 09:49:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

The celtic fans. So it must be true

« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2014, 09:52:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Chad Ford is no Woj, but that doesn't mean he's an unreliable source. He's plugged in with the General Managers.

Woj is prob the only reliable nba source out there. And his info only comes out like the day prior of the actual event

So he's unreliable because you say so? How about giving a reason why fans shouldn't trust Ford, before attacking his credentials.

Why dont u list some rumors he has stated that came out to be true in the past

« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Becoming resigned to the likelihood we will get Love and we will overpay for him.   

« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2014, 09:58:04 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Why dont u list some rumors he has stated that came out to be true in the past

Why don't you list the things he said that came out false. You're the one who said he's unreliable. Post some examples that paints him as someone people shouldn't listen to.

« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2014, 10:03:27 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2014, 10:03:47 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/08/report-kevin-love-doesnt-want-to-play-for-the-cavaliers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
to be fair this was an old report, in his latest interview at E3 he said something along the lines of the Cavs rumors aren't bogus and he praised them sounded open to going there
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2014, 10:05:43 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
If DA can turn Sully and KO into ......Kevin Love .......he has to do it. ...come on ......chances like this don't grow on trees.

While I agree with your premise (getting Love is a great opportunity) it's probably more like Sully OR Olynyk and then 2 or 3 first round picks. So something like

Sully, Bogans, Anthony, along with Marcus Smart, Rodney Hood and another pick. That is just more accurate.

So here is my offer:

KO, Bogans, Wallace, #6, #17 and our top-3 protected 2015 1st round pick for Love and Martin.

That gives them three 1st round picks, #12 from last year and gets them out of Martin's deal. We include the 3rd first rounder because they are taking Wallace. Wallace and Martin are actually due the same $ but Wallace's deal is up a year sooner. This route also gives us $ to go after a center or re-sign Bradley.

Now I don't know if they like KO or Sully better, really I wouldn't quibble there. I like Sully better so I included KO. Not a deal breaker either way. I'd be willing to give them the Clipper's pick next year if they swap us LRMM for Bass.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pq7g7cl

Looks pretty lop-sided but factor in the 3 picks, two in a stacked draft and giving them some salary relief with Bogans it's probably the best they'll get for an all-star on the last year of his deal.

« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2014, 10:06:57 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/08/report-kevin-love-doesnt-want-to-play-for-the-cavaliers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
to be fair this was an old report, in his latest interview at E3 he said something along the lines of the Cavs rumors aren't bogus and he praised them sounded open to going there

That's an old report? lol It's from June 8th. 9 days ago.

« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2014, 10:07:02 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

You guys are mostly arguing about the value of Love's promise to sign an extension. I think you are ignoring the most likely way that this deal will go down, and frankly the reason why it hasn't already happened.

Love will be traded for a huge haul that half of this blog will cry for, and he will sign an extension, but he will be the second player acquired by the C's this off season. The most likely scenario is that Ainge will use the same one-two that he did last time.

The most interesting question in my mind is who that guy is going to be. The league is may be on the brink of a dramatic reformation with the huge number of free agents to be signed. Carmelo Anthony and Lance Stephenson are names I see the most on this board, but they are definitely not the only possibilities. Aging all-stars Luol Deng and Pau Gasol are out there, and we have assets we can use to clear cap space for one.

My imagination is not as good as our GM's, but my message to you is that you'll know Kevin Love is on his way here when you see the opening move, not when you hear the next story about the Celtics having the best offer on the table.

« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2014, 10:08:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If DA can turn Sully and KO into ......Kevin Love .......he has to do it. ...come on ......chances like this don't grow on trees.

While I agree with your premise (getting Love is a great opportunity) it's probably more like Sully OR Olynyk and then 2 or 3 first round picks. So something like

Sully, Bogans, Anthony, along with Marcus Smart, Rodney Hood and another pick. That is just more accurate.

So here is my offer:

KO, Bogans, Wallace, #6, #17 and our top-3 protected 2015 1st round pick for Love and Martin.

That gives them three 1st round picks, #12 from last year and gets them out of Martin's deal. We include the 3rd first rounder because they are taking Wallace. Wallace and Martin are actually due the same $ but Wallace's deal is up a year sooner. This route also gives us $ to go after a center or re-sign Bradley.

Now I don't know if they like KO or Sully better, really I wouldn't quibble there. I like Sully better so I included KO. Not a deal breaker either way. I'd be willing to give them the Clipper's pick next year if they swap us LRMM for Bass.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pq7g7cl

Looks pretty lop-sided but factor in the 3 picks, two in a stacked draft and giving them some salary relief with Bogans it's probably the best they'll get for an all-star on the last year of his deal.
Not interested in keeping Sullinger, who plays the same position as Love. Ship him out, save a pick or something.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."