Author Topic: IT coming back early?  (Read 10897 times)

Re: IT coming back early?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 09:14:03 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
His hip is spaghetti. He has always been able to shoot

Your hip is spaghetti, cclay.  I'm waiting on big Mo's opinion here before jumping to any conclusions.  He has more inside information from CLE than any of us.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 09:15:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
His hip is spaghetti. He has always been able to shoot

Your hip is spaghetti, cclay.  I'm waiting on big Mo's opinion here before jumping to any conclusions.  He has more inside information from CLE than any of us.

Lol. Tp my friend for making me chuckle. I can't wait to hear big mo's opinion either

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 09:19:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Is he running yet?

I'm skeptical he's going to return early till we hear reports of him running up and down the court.

He’s doing full court workouts, is driving the ball, and is doing some full court individual defense.  That’s against an assistant coach, rather than NBA players, but it’s progress.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 09:52:58 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Sometimes I wonder exactly what happened with the firing of a long time Celtic medical staff. Nothing of substance was ever released to the public.

A case can be made that the reason IT never complained about his hip was to get through the 2016-17 season and playoffs relatively healthy, and without examination and x-raying of the hip. Then rest for the summer and begin his well-advertised petition for a Max contract this opening 2017-18 season, hoping for an early signing.

Naturally never letting the Celtics know about the severity of the hip. Not at least until he had a Max contract to rest his head on, then letting the chips fall where they may. IT never dreamed Danny would trade him, exposing the severity of his hip to the national media.

I wonder just why the doctors were both fired. Could it be they knew IT had a severe hip problem and failed to expose it to management at the behest of Thomas?   

Removing all the symbolism, and emotion, the Celtics are much better set for the future with the younger, and better defender Kyrie.

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 10:01:26 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
No disrespect to IT when I say this but there is going to be some serious gamesmanship from nba bigs when he comes back. They will be bodying him with some hard fouks when he goes to the rim. They will test out that hip.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 10:03:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Sometimes I wonder exactly what happened with the firing of a long time Celtic medical staff. Nothing of substance was ever released to the public.

A case can be made that the reason IT never complained about his hip was to get through the 2016-17 season and playoffs relatively healthy, and without examination and x-raying of the hip. Then rest for the summer and begin his well-advertised petition for a Max contract this opening 2017-18 season, hoping for an early signing.

Naturally never letting the Celtics know about the severity of the hip. Not at least until he had a Max contract to rest his head on, then letting the chips fall where they may. IT never dreamed Danny would trade him, exposing the severity of his hip to the national media.

I wonder just why the doctors were both fired. Could it be they knew IT had a severe hip problem and failed to expose it to management at the behest of Thomas?   

Removing all the symbolism, and emotion, the Celtics are much better set for the future with the younger, and better defender Kyrie.

I think everyone knew what IT was playing through, but tried to keep it under wraps, because you don’t want your opponents to know your weaknesses.  It wouldn’t remotely surprise me if one reason the Celtics stood pat at the deadline last year is that they knew IT’s hip was a ticking time bomb and unlikely to make it through the postseason.

Now it’s possible that the Celtics medical/training staff was let go because of the injury, but I think if there was any one injury reason it was more to do with the handling of Avery Bradley. But more I think it was several years’ worth of sub-par performance.

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 10:03:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

The Celtics knew he was playing on an injured hip. What makes you think they didn’t?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 08:04:36 AM »

Offline DooVoo

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 32
The time table for IT to return is January and he is unlikely to see the court before then. This is a very serious injury and without surgery it is not going to get better. The Cavs just hope the rehab gets him through the season and playoffs before his hip really gives out.

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 03:54:05 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

I thought IT only returned every 27 years?
(Sorry couldn't help myself)

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 04:15:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He rushes it and his career may be over.   Still you have to respect the guy because his team is hurting without him.   That being said, I hate the CAVs a little less than the Lakers or whatever team LeBron is on.

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 04:36:51 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Next question ,how is the Cavs defense going to cover for him ?

Dunno, they can't even cover for themselves!   ;D

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 04:39:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
guy is a warrior.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 04:54:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

The Celtics knew he was playing on an injured hip. What makes you think they didn’t?
He was first diagnosed with a groin injury. The hip talk wasn't until much later, and it's unclear when exactly it was identified as a torn labrum.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 05:16:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

He was first diagnosed with a groin injury. The hip talk wasn't until much later, and it's unclear when exactly it was identified as a torn labrum.

Unclear to fans, perhaps.

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 06:19:05 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Are fans on this forum supposed to be rooting for the C's or for IT?  You can say I root for IT when he's not playing against the C's but if you're rooting for IT and the Cavs to go to The Finals, what's that say about you as a C's fan?  I haven't given up on this year by any means.  Sorry Hayward is likely out for the year but I still have high hopes it'll be the C's vs. the Warriors in the finals.