Author Topic: Celtics (20-13) at Rockets (18-15) Game #34 12/27/18  (Read 26524 times)

Re: Celtics (20-13) at Rockets (18-15) Game #34 12/27/18
« Reply #420 on: December 27, 2018, 11:18:03 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
I still feel like Hayward would be way more useful if Brad would call a freaking play for the guy. This improv offense where it just ends up being rozier chucking up a dumb shot is not good at all. OT vs philly he was the ball handler in pick and rolls and played pretty well I thought. I'd like to see way more of that and way less of rozier
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #421 on: December 27, 2018, 11:22:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I still feel like Hayward would be way more useful if Brad would call a freaking play for the guy. This improv offense where it just ends up being rozier chucking up a dumb shot is not good at all. OT vs philly he was the ball handler in pick and rolls and played pretty well I thought. I'd like to see way more of that and way less of rozier

Rozier is awful this season. I'd much rather have Larkin out there. Rivers, a guy who the Rockets picked up a few days ago, totally outplayed him tonight.

« Reply #422 on: December 27, 2018, 11:26:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Hey have a good night, oh, and by the way, our All Star bench of Hayward, Brown, and Rozier got utterly dominated by Gerald Green, Austin Rivers, and Nene.
To be fair, Brown played pretty good ball tonight, going 7 for 12 for 18 points and 5 rebounds. But it's TRUE that the bench quartet of Brown, Hayward, Rozier and Theis has been pretty abysmal. We have seen nights where any of those four players can play great but doesn't get any help because the other three have been just terrible.  Houston constantly made sure Harden got switched off Smart and Brown all night as they are the C's 2 best defensive wings. Think Stevens needs to address this when it is easily something  you can see happening and getting killed by it.

« Reply #423 on: December 27, 2018, 11:29:23 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

Rozier is awful this season. I'd much rather have Larkin out there. Rivers, a guy who the Rockets picked up a few days ago, totally outplayed him tonight.
Were I Danny, Rozier is the guy I'd be looking to replace - even if you have to go with a stopgap guy to get you through the rest of the season.  They need more scoring with their second unit and if he's forcing and clanging shots - which is the one thing he's been consistent at this season - he's totally useless.

« Reply #424 on: December 27, 2018, 11:29:59 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I'd much rather have Rivers out there. While in a vacuum Rozier is probably the better individual ball player, I think Rivers' BBIQ is so much higher than Rozier's lackluster BBIQ, which is much more beneficial for what we need on that second unit.

« Reply #425 on: December 27, 2018, 11:33:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I'd much rather have Rivers out there. While in a vacuum Rozier is probably the better individual ball player, I think Rivers' BBIQ is so much higher than Rozier's lackluster BBIQ, which is much more beneficial for what we need on that second unit.

Well we could have easily had Rivers. He was available basically for free after the Suns waived him.

« Reply #426 on: December 27, 2018, 11:43:31 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

Well we could have easily had Rivers. He was available basically for free after the Suns waived him.

We don’t have a free roster spot. We are still waiting for the NBA to decide on the abuse case.

« Reply #427 on: December 27, 2018, 11:49:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

We don’t have a free roster spot. We are still waiting for the NBA to decide on the abuse case.

True, but at some point we have to move on from Jabari Bird one way or another. The NBA waiting this long is screwing us over.

« Reply #428 on: December 28, 2018, 02:43:47 AM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Every game its the same thing in here. Crying and crying about the refs.

« Reply #429 on: December 28, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Every game its the same thing in here. Crying and crying about the refs.

A lot of games, the FTA are hugely different and I don't blame that all on jump shots.  Because the league does give certain players more room to play physical and they subsidize some player's production with FTA's.

I think Tatum being a no show hurt us more than the refs last night.

Wow, your name is so original....

« Reply #430 on: December 28, 2018, 12:52:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://twitter.com/ASherrodblakely/status/1078630098289508354

Highlighting what we all know about guarding Harden - Smart is by far our best defender on him. Why we continuously just gift special iso players mismatch opportunities is beyond me.

« Reply #431 on: December 28, 2018, 01:03:46 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I moved on. not the worst loss...
Very happy Harden is not in our conference!