Author Topic: What movies have you walked out of?  (Read 49306 times)

Re: What movies have you walked out of?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 06:37:15 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I found the Tenembaums to be pretentious and unfunny...same with Rushmore, didn't bother with the Life Aquatic because I figured it'd be more of the same - funny thing is the director Wes Anderson, did a movie I loved before Rushmore called Bottle Rocket...oh well - I always thought of the latter 3 movies to be movies some people found mildly amusing but overplayed to show they're "sophisticated" and the people who don't like it aren't bright enough to get it (which isn't true at all, I got it, it was crap imo)

I can agree with you somewhat on this.  I really enjoyed Tenenbaums, but it doesnt stack up to Bottle Rocket, which is one of the funniest movies Ive ever seen.  But I thought Rushmore was almost as good as Bottle Rocket.  His last two (Life Aquatic and Darjeeling) were also solid, but still no match for his first two movies.

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 06:41:16 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
funny topic,,,Tenenbaums is the only movie that i have ever walked out on at the theaters...i did like Bottle Rocket though,

funny story about Tenenbaums...my friend often buys movies without watching them.  He bought Tenenbaums and watched with his girlfriend and they both hated, so he has used the case to store his "adult" dvds because he knows his girl would never open them again, and she is psycho about "adult" watching.

As a result whenever one of our friends brings up "adult" movies, they refer to it as watching the Royal Tenenbaums.

Edit:  my bad,,,i would never think thats considered a banned word...but i understand
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 07:07:33 PM by Truck Lewis »
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Exactly two:

Breaker Morant (a very serious movie not fit for the goofy teen that I was)

Robin Hood: Men In Tights...It was bad Mel Brooks, way after he'd lost his fastball.  Sometimes Mel can be so bad he's good...That one was just plain bad.

Generally I'll suck it up at the theater and sit through a stinker.

cCouldn't do it for those two.
Yup

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 07:01:14 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

What was pretentious about a family reconciling? It's been a while so maybe there's something I don't remember

the premise isn't pretentious, its the execution, its been a while for me too, but it left a bad taste in my mouth
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 07:25:32 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
the devil's rejects

also that 25 dresses movie

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
Walking Tall
UBUNTU

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 07:47:48 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Never in a theater. Rented WonderBoys and turned it off because I was wondering why so many critics praised it.

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 07:48:35 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
If I walk out of one bad movie I try to walk into a good one close by. Twice I've got lucky with this. This first, I walked out Of Tom and Huck and walked into Unforgiven. One of the best moves of my life. The second was Major League 2 (I think) and Walked into The Sand Lot.  :)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 07:53:18 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
If I walk out of one bad movie I try to walk into a good one close by. Twice I've got lucky with this. This first, I walked out Of Tom and Huck and walked into Unforgiven. One of the best moves of my life. The second was Major League 2 (I think) and Walked into The Sand Lot.  :)

I can't believe you just called Major League 2 a bad movie...

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 08:10:39 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Ghost Rider was the only movie I've walked out of. It was so bad. 12 bucks wasted..  >:(
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 08:22:34 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

What was pretentious about a family reconciling? It's been a while so maybe there's something I don't remember

the premise isn't pretentious, its the execution, its been a while for me too, but it left a bad taste in my mouth

I guess I liked the family feel and also I liked the narrator. He made me feel relaxed. He reminded me of those Madeline cartoons with the soft voiced narrator. And I guess I just liked the quirkiness. It was like you could never be too wierd for this family. Like the Adams family, but real life. And for some reason I liked the house

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 08:48:08 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I didn't walk out of it, but at the end of Cloverfield I just kind of blurted out "What the F was that?" a lot louder than I intended. Made a few people laugh, though and that's what I'm all about haha

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 08:58:32 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I walked out of the theatre after the first 45 minutes of "High Tension". Not because it was bad, but because it was genuinley frightnening as well as being supremely disturbing. I went to the Lobby, shot some Robots in LA Machine guns (so the world coul make sense again) then went back in. Then, the movie ruined itself with its ridiculous twist ending that made the entire movie impossible, not implausible, impossible.

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 09:02:26 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Red Eye (ugh just mentioning that movie makes me feel like Im gonna vomit in my mouth a little bit)  and Zodiac, a lot of people liked Zodiac, but I thought it was very slow and lost interest)

Tropic Thunder?!?!  There has been funnier movies but I still thought it was pretty funny.  Just shows that everyone has different tastes

Someone mentioned Rushmore.  I thought that movie was gonna be hilarious when it came out, but it turned out to be one of those frustrating movies where when you finally get to see it you realize the only funny parts in the movie are the parts youve seen in the trailer.
Greg

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 09:08:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
funny topic,,,Tenenbaums is the only movie that i have ever walked out on at the theaters...i did like Bottle Rocket though,

funny story about Tenenbaums...my friend often buys movies without watching them.  He bought Tenenbaums and watched with his girlfriend and they both hated, so he has used the case to store his "adult" dvds because he knows his girl would never open them again, and she is psycho about "adult" watching.

As a result whenever one of our friends brings up "adult" movies, they refer to it as watching the Royal Tenenbaums.

Edit:  my bad,,,i would never think thats considered a banned word...but i understand

Its funny the code words we have for things. One time I made a bet with my girlfriend that the actor in Crash was Matt Dillion, same guy from There's Something About mary and Wild Things...the odds were...of an adult nature.

We still call it "Meeting Matt Dillion". My friends call it that too cuz I told them all the story. Cuz I never got to Meet Matt Dillion.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner