Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90844 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
What exactly are you expecting from your backup PG? I know we are 15-2 and have reached the point where a fandom has to find flaws or things to complain about but Terry Rozier isn't one of them.
No, I think we've reached the point where we're so far removed from 2008-2010 that the fandom has forgotten what a good backup player looks like.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 10:24:55 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Celtics bench is mid pack in the NBA.

Can't hit a barn lately.

Rozier was superb in the first 6 games or so.

He is part of Steven's set up and I think he's used well....I guess we have to get a magnifying out to find  problems as the Celtics and Terry Rozier haven't last a game for a MONTH.

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 10:26:23 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
My biggest problem with Terry Rozier is that he's openly a GMB gang member and nobody seems to care.

https://twitter.com/t_rozzay3/status/691842185327726592?lang=en

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=u_kQWp6nO8WKmQHosZmoCA&q=gmb+gang&oq=gmb+gang&gs_l=psy-ab.3...946.3822.0.3935.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.r-uuC6FpI4o
Rozier's teammates simply aren't used to seeing people play around with him.

"A lot of people don't want to mess with Terry. He's really with that. I will tell you that now," guard Isaiah Thomas said.

"He's a guy who can step up to his own battles," forward Jae Crowder said.

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-wizards/celtics-players-genuinely-surprised-brandon-jennings-messed-terry-rozier

Move on, Danny.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Terry has fantastic energy, is in the vicinity for every loose ball/rebound, plays hard D, and can absolutely hit an open 3. I wish he would better figure out his driving game since he moves so well and covers so much ground, but it doesn't look promising.

And, what's your solution, to play Larkin more or unleash Smart's outside shooting on the opponent? As a back-up guard making under $2M/yr, I am not sure what else we could hope for. He is an all-world athlete and proven NBA player - with [believe it or not] still potential to tighten things up on the offensive end.

He hasn’t improved in three years, he is a really bad shooter, and defensively he always takes the second best guard so his impact is mitigated.

Well over half his minutes have been next to Smart. Having two guys the opponent barely has to cover will eventually bite us.

My solution? Acquire a guy who can play. I don’t care if it’s a free agent like Deron, a trade, a D-League call-up, etc. Backup PGs who can’t shoot or pass aren’t worth having, especially when they’re playing beside an even worse shooter.

Not sure that answers jambr380's question.

Just not sure I am into bringing in veteran retreads. Terry and Smart aren't exactly lighting it up on offense, but they are a nightmare for teams on the defensive side of the ball. I think Brad likes having two guys who will go balls to the wall on every defensive possession and go after every loose ball.

As far as Terry's shooting goes, I am not sure what to say. When he is open, I still [weirdly] feel comfortable with him taking the shot - much more comfortable than Marcus. Maybe this is a cold streak or maybe this is who he is, but I still think he adds a positive element to the team that we would miss if he were gone.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:33:35 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 10:28:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Celtics bench is mid pack in the NBA.

Can't hit a barn lately.

Rozier was superb in the first 6 games or so.

He is part of Steven's set up and I think he's used well....I guess we have to get a magnifying out to find  problems as the Celtics and Terry Rozier haven't last a game for a MONTH.

We’ve got two guys in our rotation who are shooting sub-40% and can’t hit threes. That’s not really a “magnifying glass” problem.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 10:34:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am not in love with Smart or Rozier and haven't really seen any growth from them since they were rookies. But they are cheap, effect the team on the defensive side of the game positively and unbelievably, the team is better offensively when Smart is on the floor.

We have a lot of draft picks coming up in the next few years. I would have no problem letting each player playing out their contracts while we replace them with 1st round draft picks.

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 10:40:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I am not in love with Smart or Rozier and haven't really seen any growth from them since they were rookies. But they are cheap, effect the team on the defensive side of the game positively and unbelievably, the team is better offensively when Smart is on the floor.

We have a lot of draft picks coming up in the next few years. I would have no problem letting each player playing out their contracts while we replace them with 1st round draft picks.

Smart is a really weird player. He might be the worst non-rookie shooter in the NBA, but he is a really good passer, and plays elite def Mae. He is an impact player.  He’s like a good-passing Tony Allen.

Rozier just doesn’t bring that nightly impact, while shooting almost as poorly.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 10:49:01 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Terry has fantastic energy, is in the vicinity for every loose ball/rebound, plays hard D, and can absolutely hit an open 3. I wish he would better figure out his driving game since he moves so well and covers so much ground, but it doesn't look promising.

And, what's your solution, to play Larkin more or unleash Smart's outside shooting on the opponent? As a back-up guard making under $2M/yr, I am not sure what else we could hope for. He is an all-world athlete and proven NBA player - with [believe it or not] still potential to tighten things up on the offensive end.

He hasn’t improved in three years, he is a really bad shooter, and defensively he always takes the second best guard so his impact is mitigated.

Well over half his minutes have been next to Smart. Having two guys the opponent barely has to cover will eventually bite us.

Not sure that answers jambr380's question.

My solution? Acquire a guy who can play. I don’t care if it’s a free agent like Deron, a trade, a D-League call-up, etc. Backup PGs who can’t shoot or pass aren’t worth having, especially when they’re playing beside an even worse shooter.

Need a better name than DWill whose defense is atrocious and a G-leaguer isn't the answer. That leaves a trade for a PG who will play defense as well and shoot better. Need a name that we can afford.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 10:53:56 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Rozier just doesn't really have a fit with the team.

You can deal with Smart's poor offense because he contributes in so many other ways.

I'd look to replace Rozier with a guy like  JJ Barea or Lou Williams.  Our bench could desperately use a scorer.  It's not as important what that player can do on defense, that's what Smart is for.

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2017, 10:59:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Rozier does just about everything better than Smart except passing offensively and is a top notch defender, though not elite. I seriously think they are equally replaceable. Both are horrendous offensively but excellent defensively. Need more offense from our two back up guards to make this team take the next step. Or keep one on the cheap and bring in a scoring backup guard.

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 11:00:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Rozier just doesn't really have a fit with the team.

You can deal with Smart's poor offense because he contributes in so many other ways.

I'd look to replace Rozier with a guy like  JJ Barea or Lou Williams.  Our bench could desperately use a scorer.  It's not as important what that player can do on defense, that's what Smart is for.

^. This

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 11:02:18 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Yes.

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 11:03:46 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
15-2 and somebody wants to complain about Rozier.
Sheesh.
I love Rozier.

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2017, 11:06:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
My biggest problem with Terry Rozier is that he's openly a GMB gang member and nobody seems to care.

Where I am from gangs are people too weak to defend themselves so they band together for safety.  Some guys in the Army tried to use that stuff on me, a guy told me " I am a Crip", I said, "isn't that where you bury dead people" before I laid hands on him.

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2017, 11:07:04 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Yes. *raises hand*

I expect him to raise his game in the playoffs again