Author Topic: Olynyk and Smith suspended, Perkins fined.  (Read 9823 times)

Re: Olynyk and Smith suspended, Perkins fined.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 07:07:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The KO suspension is a joke. Either there was intent to injure, which requires way more than one game, or there wasn't. If there wasn't, you can't suspend.

This is suspect, especially when Perk gets nothing for pushing Crowder in the face.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 07:07:13 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Perk gets nothing, huh?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Basically, Perkins just got away with murder.

LOL WTHECK, told you the NBA is tryna make the Cavaliers the "golden boy/team".

And Olynyk getting suspended? Just wow. That was simple playoff basketball and he gets suspended ONE game for that junk? Sheesh NBA is soft just like Kevin Love these days.

I saw the 2 game suspension coming for J.R. Smith, even though it should've been like 7-10 games like what Metta World Peace did to James Harden a couple years back. But it's the NBA, so meh.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:19:44 PM by SparzWizard »

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 07:16:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
You cold cock a guy in the jaw .....deck him with a knee injury ......why isn't that min of five game suspension?

He even admitted he was expecting a suspension .....which is basically admitting you did wrong.

Love got hurt for wrapping up KO ......they wrestled and KO won.

This is nothing more that the NBA lopsided hate for Boston and kissing the rear of the Cleveland s LeBron James.

If Cleveland wasn't in the playoffs expected to win and didn't have James .....not a thing would have been said .

It's all NBA league sucking up to James .........just terrible ethics

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 07:21:23 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
News is that Love will miss the entire series.  Well, for using the entire city of Boston in a leveraging ploy, payback is about right.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kevin-love-miss-clevelands-entire-221250286.html

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I didn't expect Perkins to get suspended.  His offense was only rated to be a flagrant 1.  Suspensions tend to be handed out if you do things that rise to the level of a flagrant 2.  If something that would have been a flagrant 1 earns a suspension, it's usually because the refs failed to rule it flagrant, so it's to make up for that.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 07:28:08 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I didn't expect Perkins to get suspended.  His offense was only rated to be a flagrant 1.  Suspensions tend to be handed out if you do things that rise to the level of a flagrant 2.  If something that would have been a flagrant 1 earns a suspension, it's usually because the refs failed to rule it flagrant, so it's to make up for that.

They actually retroactively upgraded his flagrant 1 to a flagrant 2.

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 07:31:42 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
The KO suspension is a joke. Either there was intent to injure, which requires way more than one game, or there wasn't. If there wasn't, you can't suspend.

This is suspect, especially when Perk gets nothing for pushing Crowder in the face.

This 100% over and over.  KO's suspension is a complete joke.  Could it be that Love's post game rant had anything to do with it?  Total bs either way.  This is really idiotic.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 07:35:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Olynyk suspension makes little sense given the amount of times I have seen an NBA player do exactly what Olynyk did and have enforcement of it go from anywhere to nothing to a regular foul. I have never seen that play get a Flagrant 1 or 2.

A player got injured on a common foul. There's no reason to suspend him other than the league's preferred team got some bad luck so let's take the league's anger out on a nothing player because he hurt a star on a darling league team.

If Kevin Love who arm locks players every game to gain a rebounding advantage had hurt Olynyk doing the same thing, no suspension would have occurred. Heck, that Love Olynyk play is awfully similar to the Wade Rondo incident in the playoffs a couple years back and did Wade the star get suspended for that?

This is nothing more than the league showing star privilege once again!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 07:36:11 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
It's blatant disrespect for the celtics and the game that Perkins was not suspended but Olynyk was. Unbelievable.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Thought JR's was disgusting.

With KO as someone mentioned 1 game is kinda a cop out. You either determine that he was attempting to hurt love or just trying to pull him away from the basketball so AB could get it. If you determine he was trying to hurt Love than it should be 5 games if not it shouldnt even be a fine.

With JR he was clearly attempting to hurt Crowder it can not even be put in any other light. I thought it wasnt quite as bad as Metta World Peace's elbow but it was the worst foul Ive seen since.

I was fine with Perk's foul etc I think it was handled correctly I think Perk thought it was flagrant 2 worthy, certainly not a suspension and the fine may have been a little harsh but I think they basically got that one right.

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 07:39:34 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The league is sending the message "there are consequences for being involved in an injury to a star or a teammate of LeBron's even if it's an accident".

If KO had been involved in an injury to sayyyyy Donatas Motejunas...this never happens.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 07:43:46 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
we expected the NBA to handle this properly why?

I personally can't wait for Crowder vs Smith next season. Smith's been asking to get knocked out for yrs. now...next season may be the one.

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 07:44:36 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

They actually retroactively upgraded his flagrant 1 to a flagrant 2.

That's interesting....
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference