Author Topic: jaylen will attack this off season  (Read 1268 times)

jaylen will attack this off season
« on: June 09, 2017, 02:27:27 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
There is no question of his motivation to refine his shooting and ball handling while getting stronger -man strong
He now knows what it takes and what he is up against
 i remember how nice an arc on corner threes ,his reverse fall away bank shot,his nice mid range jumper and his step back
At the end of year he looked comfortable finishing with contact,less rushed more simplicity
His first step is unteachable  his ability to eat up the court in transition
All summer to work out and practice that's a long time for a 20 yr old to improve
The confidence and repetition on his shot till training season
working on his ball handling-he could wind up jumping over tall buildings

Re: jaylen will attack this off season
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 02:34:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Yeah I really am hopeful he will earn starter minutes next season.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 02:35:29 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I'm hopeful of the same thing. Get stronger, faster, and work on defense, defense, defense. His offensive numbers were already good for such a young player. They will improve too.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 02:41:23 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I'm a huge Jaylen Brown fan.  He shot the ball better than I thought he could this past season.  If he can get his percentages closer to 38-40% from deep.  That would be huge!  He was very efficient for a rookie and his man defense is solid.

He has to become a better team defender.

Most importantly... he has to improve his handle.  If he does this, I think he can be our starting two guard if we trade Bradley.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 03:01:06 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
You mean he didn't think ball handling and shooting were important BEFORE he was drafted?  There are limits to how much a guy can improve and each guy has a cetain about of innate potential to tap into.  These areas (shooting and ball handling) is one of the reasons I temper my expectation for Jaylen of course.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 03:13:50 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Isn't this better than the Rubics Cube of draft and trades and wil he won't he
This kid is 20 was part of  winning two playoff series and saw Isaiah play through incredible pain
How many rookies got to Eastern Conference Finals take a game from Cavs and the comeback from down two against butler and watching Wall run out of gas
His buddy Green step up
If Fultz gets drafted jaylen and Smart will be on his back-Rozier will be looking to push him out
Jaylen has rookie experience fresh in his mind "defense and win your playing time"-get stronger faster
while we wait for summer league,draft,zizic,nader ,yabusele -
A crucial summer of change and anticipation

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 03:29:52 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
You mean he didn't think ball handling and shooting were important BEFORE he was drafted?  There are limits to how much a guy can improve and each guy has a cetain about of innate potential to tap into.  These areas (shooting and ball handling) is one of the reasons I temper my expectation for Jaylen of course.
Jaylen has pretty good handles. Why do people say his handles suck.

His shooting improved drastically: adjusted to 3 feet added to the 3-point NBA line from college, changed the fluid motion on his shot from PS to Regular Season, and still improved his 3-point shooting from 29% in college to 34% in the NBA regular season.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
This is a thread on the "debut of Jaylen's off-season vlog"...Posted this yesterday.
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=91405.0

he is working like an animal and was on some PH7 water fact. He's very careful about what he puts in his body...which is great and something that reminds me of Ray Allen.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 03:36:14 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker

Jaylen came into NBA very young and college his natural strength got him by while he explored school-Jaylen was shocked by man strong,his summer league was a blur of missed layups and trips to foul line
Avery's game got better every season,from shooting to getting to hoop-j
Ball handling is a skill  that can be learned and then applied with experience-i'm sure the coaching in college was not anywhere what he will get from his teammates and coaches
As the game slows down he will learn the nuances of how to use his gifts,his pace in transition will be adjusted and more in control -of course he didn't know what to expect he was a kid