Author Topic: Tracy Mcgrady perhaps?  (Read 5702 times)

Tracy Mcgrady perhaps?
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:26:58 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/409927-los-angeles-lakers-off-season-chris-bosh-and-tracy-mcgrady

From what I see here, his sole incentive to join the Lakers is to chase a ring. Can we get him to come to Boston for essentially the same goal? He'll definitely be a bench player in LA but in Boston he can be a starter if Ray doesn't come back. In the case that Ray does come back, he can split time with Ray at the 2 guard. With PP, Ray, Tmac, and TA at the wing positions, Doc will have a lot of options. And it doesn't hurt that Mcgrady is also a good defender  ;) USE THE MLE ON HIM! I can so see another recruiting effort by the Big 3, showing up to the Mcgrady residence. And if we do sign TMAC, Sheed will be motivated to come back for another year.

The Dream situation:

Rondo/Vet min PG
Ray/TMAC/shooting wing or 19th
PP/TA
KG/BBD/insurance big or 19th
Perk/Sheed

If this happens, the window will still be open for another year or so, with KG getting stronger from his complete recovery.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

Re: Tracy Mcgrady perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:48:59 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
We would need to see how healthy T-Mac is now.

He wasn't very good or durable for the Knicks last year.

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
This guy has always been a lazy player, never living up to his potential.....there are 1000 reasons why....it only means one thing, BA...he could be on the A team..bad attitude, lazy, over paid...how many more teams does he have to "not" perform on before you see he is a waste..?

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
The dude is broken. Did you see him on the Knicks last year?

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 06:11:39 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
This guy has always been a lazy player, never living up to his potential.....there are 1000 reasons why....it only means one thing, BA...he could be on the A team..bad attitude, lazy, over paid...how many more teams does he have to "not" perform on before you see he is a waste..?

1. He did live up to his potential he just didn't have much success.

2. He was never labeled a bad attitude guy until he reached the Knicks. The Rockets traded him because of the injury's and Yao did better without him. McGrady is too ball dominant.

3. Just because you don't work out like Kobe doesn't make you Lazy.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 06:14:45 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/409927-los-angeles-lakers-off-season-chris-bosh-and-tracy-mcgrady

From what I see here, his sole incentive to join the Lakers is to chase a ring. Can we get him to come to Boston for essentially the same goal? He'll definitely be a bench player in LA but in Boston he can be a starter if Ray doesn't come back. In the case that Ray does come back, he can split time with Ray at the 2 guard. With PP, Ray, Tmac, and TA at the wing positions, Doc will have a lot of options. And it doesn't hurt that Mcgrady is also a good defender  ;) USE THE MLE ON HIM! I can so see another recruiting effort by the Big 3, showing up to the Mcgrady residence. And if we do sign TMAC, Sheed will be motivated to come back for another year.

The Dream situation:

Rondo/Vet min PG
PP/TA
Perk/Sheed

If this happens, the window will still be open for another year or so, with KG getting stronger from his complete recovery.

No way would I use the MLE on him.  None!

Why do you have a vet min pg to backup Rondo in your dream situation? Wouldn't you rather re-sign Robinson?

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 06:19:25 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
He's closer to retirement than wearing a celtics uniform.
no no no

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 06:49:37 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

The Dream situation:

Rondo/Vet min PG
PP/TA
Perk/Sheed

1- Ray Allen is twice the defender now that TMac ever was when his knee did work
2- The Celts will need reliable role players throughout the regular season more than ever before, TMac is the anti-thesis of that
3- After playing Celtic ball all year, you think it'll be TMac that pushes Sheed over the motvational edge to play more?

Any team that signs TMac this offseason will regret that decision by christmas.  He'll be out of the league by All Star break.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 06:59:44 PM »

Offline chelsearules

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
no knee mac is finished

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 07:07:01 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
2010 Tracy McGrady = 2009 Allen Iverson
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 08:20:27 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
We might as well trade Rondo, Baby and Perk for Steve Nash and Grant Hill and sign Iverson, Shaq and J.O.

We'd have a 2004 Dream Team:
Nash/Iverson
Ray/T-Mac
Pierce/Hill
KG/J.O.
Shaq/Sheed

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
I'm not sure McGrady is a wise choice, but his upside at this point in his career is much better than when we took on Marbury, Cassell, Finley, and maybe even Rasheed. If he's not looking to get paid, he may be an interesting short term pick up.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 08:27:24 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
In a word, no.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 08:28:22 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • KG IS THE KING

The Dream situation:

Rondo/Vet min PG
PP/TA
Perk/Sheed

No way would I use the MLE on him.  None!

Why do you have a vet min pg to backup Rondo in your dream situation? Wouldn't you rather re-sign Robinson?

If we use the MLE on him we got nothing to offer Robinson. I love him to back-up Rondo but I doubt he'll settle for the vet min, not at this stage of his career.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 08:31:34 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • KG IS THE KING
2010 Tracy McGrady = 2009 Allen Iverson

False! Iverson was looking for a starting role whereas TMac is content with coming off the bench. This reason in itself is enough to tell me that he is not looking to come in here to be DA MAN. Look, the guy is getting up there in ages and he knows he only has a couple years of TMac ball left in him. I think he finally is realizing what cements him in league history is not about his scoring titles or stats, it's the rings. I'll be down for the TMac signing.