Author Topic: Melo Close to Extension and Ainge Shopping 19  (Read 7061 times)

Re: Melo Close to Extension and Ainge Shopping 19
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 01:06:41 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
#19 and sheeds expiring ( buyout) to Miami for Beasley.  C's get a young player who has worn out his welcome in Miami , but still has a ton of potential. Learning the SF + PF positions from KG and PP would help him greatly.

Miami gets what they want , the ability to sign to 2 max level free agents.

Miami wants to get rid of Beasley so bad they offered him straight up for Dooling's expiring contract. Absolutely no way we should have to throw in a pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 01:07:59 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
#19 and sheeds expiring ( buyout) to Miami for Beasley.  C's get a young player who has worn out his welcome in Miami , but still has a ton of potential. Learning the SF + PF positions from KG and PP would help him greatly.

Miami gets what they want , the ability to sign to 2 max level free agents.

Miami wants to get rid of Beasley so bad they offered him straight up for Dooling's expiring contract. Absolutely no way we should have to throw in a pick.

Seems as though Danny is looking to trade it though, if not in a Beas deal then he may try to package it in another deal.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 01:13:14 PM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
why do so many people dislike Melo?   Im the first person to say how much I hate Lebron and Kobe for their antics....Anderson V.  Gashole, Fish-lips, and Mo Williams as well   but I've never had reason to hate Carmello  in fact he is one of my favorite non celtics   aside from OJ Mayo Rudy Gay and Danny Granger

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 01:15:51 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
why do so many people dislike Melo?   Im the first person to say how much I hate Lebron and Kobe for their antics....Anderson V.  Gashole, Fish-lips, and Mo Williams as well   but I've never had reason to hate Carmello  in fact he is one of my favorite non celtics   aside from OJ Mayo Rudy Gay and Danny Granger

Because he only uses about 65% of his talent.  He should be neck and neck with Lebron and Kobe as the best player in the league, if not above them.  But he is content being a volume scorer, and not much else.

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I agree the Melo hate is unwarrented. I def think he had some maturity issues in prior seasons, but he's gotten passed that. I've watched A LOT of Denver games in the past 2 seasons - they're one of my fave non Celtics teams. Since Billups arrived, the team has a different atmosphere. Melo doesn't carry the burden anymore and has a legitimate mentor who's won a championship, he's becoming more of a leader himself.

Aside from some nagging injuries last season, he showed up for his team.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 01:21:23 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Good. I don't want Melo here. can't stand him.

All knocks on Melo mirror knocks on Paul Pierce earlier in his career. Immature, too selfish, doesnt play much D.

The fact of the matter is he is like Paul Pierce only bigger and more athletic.

Why would ANYONE be opposed to bringing a talent like Carmelo Anthony in to wear green.

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 01:23:51 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Good. I don't want Melo here. can't stand him.

All knocks on Melo mirror knocks on Paul Pierce earlier in his career. Immature, too selfish, doesnt play much D.

The fact of the matter is he is like Paul Pierce only bigger and more athletic.

Why would ANYONE be opposed to bringing a talent like Carmelo Anthony in to wear green.

TP.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Melo's got everything. I'm a fan.

Good shot, good rebounder, ball handler, you name it. Pretty good in clutch situations as well. Nice height. He'd be perfect for the Celts to replace PP.

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 01:29:52 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

He should be neck and neck with Lebron and Kobe as the best player in the league, if not above them. 
Whaaaat?  How do you figure?  

I agree he is one of the more talented players in the league.  But if you're gonna say he should be neck and neck with those two, then you could make a similar argument for many, MANY other players in the NBA.

He is simply not as good as those two and it has to do with a lot more than just work ethic.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 01:33:12 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

He should be neck and neck with Lebron and Kobe as the best player in the league, if not above them. 

I agree he is one of the more talented players in the league.  But if you're gonna say he should be neck and neck with those two, then you could make a similar argument for many, MANY other players in the NBA.

He is simply not as good as those two and it has to do with a lot more than just work ethic.

So you don't think he has the physical ability to be a great rebounder and defender?  Because if he was, he would be right up there with those other guys. 

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 01:38:07 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Carmelo to Boston? Every time I hear that rumor Ihave flashbacks to that epic game-winner he drained in LeBron's face. Probably won't happen but Wade in Chicago, LeBron in New York and Melo in Boston would be absolute pandemonium. :o Kobe simply wouldn't be able to compete with that much awsome...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 01:43:11 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Whaaaat?  How do you figure? 

I agree he is one of the more talented players in the league.  But if you're gonna say he should be neck and neck with those two, then you could make a similar argument for many, MANY other players in the NBA.

So you don't think he has the physical ability to be a great rebounder and defender?  Because if he was, he would be right up there with those other guys. 

he's already a solid rebounder - he averaged just under 7 a game last season.
But could he be better than Lebron? No.
LBJ is a legit triple double threat everytime he steps on a court. In a few seasons, I wouldn't be shocked if he came close to averaging a triple double for an entire season. Melo is good, but not that kind of player.

People need to curb their expectations of some of these guys. Stop focusing on Melo should be and focus on what he is, and truth is if he was on the Celts he would easily be the best player on this team. And yes, we would be in championship contention.

I don't get how anyone can not see how adding Melo to this lineup, with Rondo at the point isn't a fantastic idea.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 01:43:33 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

I think he is a pretty good rebounder.  Ya he does have the physical ability to be better at both of those things.  

The difference, to me, is passing ability and more importantly basketball IQ.  Not that Melo's not a smart player (he is) but when I watch Lebron and Kobe I am amazed at how they can see how things will unfold.  There's not many players in the league who have that type of vision (Rondo is another) and I think that is what separates people like Melo from the best in the league.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 01:43:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406

Carmelo doesn't have their passing ability. That will always keep him a notch below them.

But yeah, Melo is an underachiever. He should be a lot better than he is and he should be a lot closer to that MVP caliber play than he currently is.

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I'm no trying to sound rude or anything, however how can you say that someone who has nearly led the league in scoring the past few seasons is an under-achiever? The Nuggets had a better reg. season record than we did this past year. It's not necessarily Melo's fault that the same 7 teams have won the NBA Championship every season for the past 20+ years...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄