Author Topic: Any clue as to why Jason Terry is suddenly playing really well again?  (Read 3734 times)

Re: Any clue as to why Jason Terry is suddenly playing really well again?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 03:21:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
When he shoots the ball it is going through the hoop more often than it has the last few years?!?!

Probably won't continue as he doesn't average what is he currently shoot

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
From what I have seen of Jason Terry, I haven't been impressed. His all-around game has been of a low standard. Bad defense. Lousy rebounding. Very basic ball-handling. No dribble penetration. Basic passing. No playmaking. No creative play. Limited capacity to create offense. Relies on others to get him good shot attempts. Basically plays off the ball as a one dimensional spot up shooter.

Right now, Terry is shooting lights out so a lot of his limitations are being overlooked while he is enjoying this hot streak. But as his hot shooting comes back down to Earth, all those limitations are going to be exposed further and he is going to be shown up for the limited role player he now is at this late stage of his career. 

A poor man's Eddie House.

Yeah, no.
Eddie house was a poor man's Jason Terry.

This.

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 04:58:05 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Thanks to everyone for the JT support---but let's face it----he SUCKED when he was here.

Yeah, I saw all that I needed to see on opening night.  It wasn't just that Ray killed us, as I expected, but Terry, who is now more mouth than game, was just turrible ;D, while Barbosa, who was signed for far less, scored much more in fewer minutes and did so at a considerably higher percentage than The Jet ::) did.  The Blur was awesome when he was here, and it sucked when he went down.  At least he could play defense, and he's off to a great start this year with the Warriors.  Sigh.

As for Terry when he was here, I do think that part of his struggles were due to Doc's inability to adapt to his style of play, and tried running the same plays for him as Ray got, but they're totally different players.  To me, as we saw in that playoff series, Terry was more effective when he had the ball in his hands coming off of a pick and roll, and he was very much himself when he was allowed to play that way, but he's not really a catch-and-shoot guy, imo.  That doesn't mean that he can't come off screens, but to expect him to replace Ray was ridiculous.  If we had signed him AFTER retaining Ray, then I would have been all for it, but as a replacement for #20?  No way.  Sorry. 

I was also surprised at just how poor of a passer he was, and we all know that he was atrocious on defense, which was to be expected.  He was all talk - plain and simple, which is a shame given how he had played for Dallas for all those years.  I knew that he was getting older, but still.  If you look at the splits between him as a starter and coming off of the bench, it's just, ugh, lol.  Yes, his minutes and shot attempts were down, probably significantly, but he was never the cannon off of the bench that he was supposed to be.

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 05:23:54 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
From what I have seen of Jason Terry, I haven't been impressed. His all-around game has been of a low standard. Bad defense. Lousy rebounding. Very basic ball-handling. No dribble penetration. Basic passing. No playmaking. No creative play. Limited capacity to create offense. Relies on others to get him good shot attempts. Basically plays off the ball as a one dimensional spot up shooter.

Right now, Terry is shooting lights out so a lot of his limitations are being overlooked while he is enjoying this hot streak. But as his hot shooting comes back down to Earth, all those limitations are going to be exposed further and he is going to be shown up for the limited role player he now is at this late stage of his career. 

A poor man's Eddie House.

Yeah, no.
Eddie house was a poor man's Jason Terry.

This.

I disagree.  Their games weren't very similar at all, Jason Terry was an infinitely better playmaker and infinitely better at creating his own shot.  People really have a hard time understanding how much more skill it takes to do stuff like what Terry did off the dribble than simply catching and shooting.

However, if we're talking about Terry nowadays like Who was, I'd say they're just about equal.  Terry at 37 is about the same as Eddie House at 29 now that all his playmaking, handling, first step, and defense is non-existant.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 06:14:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
J E T

He was a bum.

Good riddance .

Stay in TX