Author Topic: I'm Keeping An Eye On Avery Bradley  (Read 7355 times)

Re: I'm Keeping An Eye On Avery Bradley
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2019, 03:28:39 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I wish Avery all the best but I do not wish to see him in a Celtics jersey again.

Same.

There are far better players, both on the Celtics roster and around the NBA.

Not a big Bradley fan. Was a good defender, but could never get it together (injury prone, streaky shooter, etc.)

Not sure why these former crappy players on the rebuilding teams (Bradley, Olynyk, Isaiah, Zeller, etc) keep getting brought up.

None of them were that good.

I personally appreciate the team we have now and feel lucky with the roster we have

None of them were that good?

So we're just going to forget the MVP-like season that Isaiah Thomas gave us with his blood, sweat, and tears?

We're just going to ignore the professionalism and consistency day in, and day out from Avery Bradley? Lock down perimeter defense before injuries derailed him?

And the game 7 offensive explosion from KO? Without KO's dominance over that game 7, who knows what could've happened to our future...

How soon we forget what these players did for us, and what they meant by proving they are indeed Celtic-brotherhood worthy.

In before you say this is your 'opinion', but the statement, 'none of them were that good,' is very far from the truth... And actually shows a lot of ignorance and inability to be thankful for the players who sacrificed a lot.

Also without Isaiah, we don't get Kyrie, and without AB's contract to match Morris's, we also aren't able to bring in Hayward...

Horford also came to the Celtics, because of our culture, and championship potential, along with having a great PG in Isaiah.

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2019, 03:43:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I wish Avery all the best but I do not wish to see him in a Celtics jersey again.

Same.

There are far better players, both on the Celtics roster and around the NBA.

Not a big Bradley fan. Was a good defender, but could never get it together (injury prone, streaky shooter, etc.)

Not sure why these former crappy players on the rebuilding teams (Bradley, Olynyk, Isaiah, Zeller, etc) keep getting brought up.

None of them were that good.

I personally appreciate the team we have now and feel lucky with the roster we have

None of them were that good?

So we're just going to forget the MVP-like season that Isaiah Thomas gave us with his blood, sweat, and tears?

We're just going to ignore the professionalism and consistency day in, and day out from Avery Bradley? Lock down perimeter defense before injuries derailed him?

And the game 7 offensive explosion from KO? Without KO's dominance over that game 7, who knows what could've happened to our future...

How soon we forget what these players did for us, and what they meant by proving they are indeed Celtic-brotherhood worthy.

In before you say this is your 'opinion', but the statement, 'none of them were that good,' is very far from the truth... And actually shows a lot of ignorance and inability to be thankful for the players who sacrificed a lot.

Also without Isaiah, we don't get Kyrie, and without AB's contract to match Morris's, we also aren't able to bring in Hayward...

Horford also came to the Celtics, because of our culture, and championship potential, along with having a great PG in Isaiah.

If I remember right doing a sign and trade would mean the Celtics would be hard-capped at around $133 million and would literally need to shed salary to get under the hard cap as Durant's and Kyrie's deals would put as over that. It also means the Celtics lose their Taxpayer MLE ability.

It would also seriously hamper Ainge's being able to add bodies to that team.

If Durant really wants to come here he would be best served opting into his last year and have GSW trade him to Boston at the $31.5 million figure he would get for that year. It would cost him many millions but he would be where he wanted to be.

To "match" Durant's salary in a trade, we'd have to ship out about 25M. Then if some folks also want Davis after that, still have to ship out about 21M. Yeah this whole thing sounds way too complicated (even moreso than trying to come up with an AD trade while keeping Brown AND Smart). What journalist(s) besides Jackie Mac (back in late-2018) and Ryan Bernardoni (@dangercart) have discussed this as a possibility and that Durant's interested?

Imagine if Ainge pulled off something like a trade for Anthony Davis and then sent him to Golden State for Durant?

So it would essentially be a 3 team deal

Pelicans get Tatum, Smart and picks.
Warriors get Davis
Celts get Durant.

That would be stupid lol.. why would we ever do that.

Because Durant is the better player than Davis and I could see Durant actually being more likely to re-sign in Boston than Davis would.

This is all crazy talk anyway because the chances of Durant coming to Boston are .000001%. Sadly, there's probably a better chance of Kyrie leaving than there is of us getting either Durant or Davis. But it's fun to speculate to some degree.

By the way, keep on rockin' with your "stupid" labeling.

Sounds like you're also prone to being a 'crybaby,' too.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2019, 04:00:31 PM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm also not sure who you're comparing him to.  Who at the vet minimum are you thinking of who's superior, or who has 3 better games this year than Avery's best 3 games?  Or you don't care and just don't like the fit?

EDIT - Also for the record, very very small sample size, but AB's Griz are better than AB's Pistons so far in winning %.
I don't think he's a minimum guy fwiw. So that's why I'm not particularly enthused about signing him. I'd rather not spend one of the C's limited exceptions on him.

Edit: or trading for him if Memphis picks up his option. Which was brought up as a possibility, something I keep forgetting might happen.

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2019, 06:04:51 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I look at how Avery and Noah are playing, and I think about all those statements posters made about how they were done, cooked, beyond reclamation.
Makes me think maybe we should avoid definitive statements about things we don’t know anything about, lest we end up looking like bloviating know nothings.

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2019, 06:21:29 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I look at how Avery and Noah are playing, and I think about all those statements posters made about how they were done, cooked, beyond reclamation.
Makes me think maybe we should avoid definitive statements about things we don’t know anything about, lest we end up looking like bloviating know nothings.

Well, how about we wait how Bradley ends up doing at the end of the season, same goes for Noah?

I always felt like Noah would be a decent back up big, I advocated signing him for the vet minimum, as he still has the length, hustle, and the awesome passing instinct to at least make up for his shooting deficiencies. But both of the players are in a team setting with absolutely no expectations for playoff aspirations whatsoever, so the pressure isn't as steep.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different