Author Topic: Trading Bradley Would Be Beyond Stupid.  (Read 9238 times)

Re: Trading Bradley Would Be Beyond Stupid.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
the celtics calling card is their defense, and Bradley is quite possibly the best defender besides KG on the team. we posted SCARY defensive numbers with him in the lineup.

I dont think its any coincidence that our first unit defense with 4/5 of the same starters has been pretty average so far this year without him.

THIS ^^^

Our team defense for years was also great without him. Just saying. Our defensive slip so far this year cannot be attributed to Bradley being out.

That was when KG and Pierce were a few years younger and we had guys like tony allen on the team. All of which you can no longer say about this team. Fact still remains when bradley is on that court with rondo our defense is SCARY and our overall team play is scary good.

Our defense was also very good last year when Bradley was out. It was good enough to get us to game 7 in the ECF against the eventual champs. I don't buy the theory that our slip this year is because of Bradley, because we sure as heck looked great defensively in the playoffs last year which Bradley missed.

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 07:32:12 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
It's only stupid, because he probably has very little trade value.  No sense in trading him if he's not worth anything.  As much as we are hyped up about him... 15 games isn't enough to sell the league on him being a future star.  Doubt we could even land a lotto pick for him.

If some team is as enamored with Bradley as some of the Celtic fans on this board are... then it might be beyond stupid NOT to trade him.  If it means landing a legit star big man, do it.  There is no guarantee that a 6'2 180 pound shooting guard who averaged 7 points and .7 steals is going to be a star in this league.  It's harder to land legit bigs in this league than it is to land undersized shooting guards who can't play point.

Nobody is claiming avery bradleys trade value is high. I couldn't care less how other teams around the league feel about avery. All i can tell you is the team i saw out there before bradley got hurt would have taken down the heat. The team i saw out there was the best team in the league until bradley fell. And u wanna break that up, stupid.

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 07:42:11 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
There is only one player in this league that it would be beyond stupid to trade.  His name is lebron james.  Other than that, the question is, "for who"?

I think Bradley has some value.  And if trading that value gets us value in an area of need, then why not.  The thing that bothers me is the fact that most fans never want to trade players wih value.  Then how the heck do u get value back?

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 07:46:21 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Avery Bass KM/Birdman > Gortat

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 07:47:44 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm glad I'm not a GM.

I'd be VERY hesitant to trade AB...I'd be afraid of the effect it would have on this team - that being his defensive intensity.

I know that if it came to it and he's traded, Danny would be attempting to fill a need, but I shudder at the cost...

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 08:01:16 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
the celtics calling card is their defense, and Bradley is quite possibly the best defender besides KG on the team. we posted SCARY defensive numbers with him in the lineup.

I dont think its any coincidence that our first unit defense with 4/5 of the same starters has been pretty average so far this year without him.

THIS ^^^

Our team defense for years was also great without him. Just saying. Our defensive slip so far this year cannot be attributed to Bradley being out.
and now our defense has no ray allen, and kg and pierce have only gotten less athletic.

I dont think it matters that he is undersized. He, unlike lee, has already proven he can take over games with his D, and that his offense actually works with this roster.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 08:15:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

THIS ^^^

and now our defense has no ray allen, and kg and pierce have only gotten less athletic.

I dont think it matters that he is undersized. He, unlike lee, has already proven he can take over games with his D, and that his offense actually works with this roster.

Ray was never, ever known for his defense, even before coming here, and let's not even talk about Ray's defense last year during the  playoffs.

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 08:31:06 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

When is the last time Martin or Birdman were starting caliber big men?

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

While I would be very hesitant to trade AB, KMart/Birdman and Gortat>>>Avery and Bass.

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Do we have to put expectations on players so unbelievable high?

First, Green is an all-star player waiting to be unleashed.  He was just never used right with the Thunder.  He never had the time to be comfortable with the Celtics.

Then there is Sullinger.  He will be a starter day one.  He will fix all the Celtics rebounding and low post offensive issues.

Now Bradley.  He will fix all the issues the Celtics have.  He will put the Celtics over the top of the Heat.  He is the reason the Celtics will be great on defense. 

Why put on expectations on players that have never lived up to those expectations to begin with?  It only sets you up for disappointment when they don't play up to these unrealistic goals.  Even when the player is playing within the expectations and wants of the team, you the fan will be disappointed in that player for failing your expectation.   

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Trading AB would be beyond stupid ...but trading GREEN ASAP would be the smartest thing ever... :'(
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:45:40 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 08:40:40 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Yrading AB would be beyond stupid ...but trading GREEN ASAP would be the smartest thing ever... :'(

;D Yes and Yes TP

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 08:47:32 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Do we have to put expectations on players so unbelievable high?

First, Green is an all-star player waiting to be unleashed.  He was just never used right with the Thunder.  He never had the time to be comfortable with the Celtics.

Then there is Sullinger.  He will be a starter day one.  He will fix all the Celtics rebounding and low post offensive issues.

Now Bradley.  He will fix all the issues the Celtics have.  He will put the Celtics over the top of the Heat.  He is the reason the Celtics will be great on defense. 

Why put on expectations on players that have never lived up to those expectations to begin with?  It only sets you up for disappointment when they don't play up to these unrealistic goals.  Even when the player is playing within the expectations and wants of the team, you the fan will be disappointed in that player for failing your expectation.   

First of all, i never once thought green would be an allstar. I thought he should be playing better than he is now that's about it. I wanted sully to start over bass mainly because i don't like bass starting and sully can rebound. Avery bradley is another story.

I have already seen how he plays with us. Are you really trying to tell me he was elite on defense before but when he comes back he won't be? I think maybe you should go watch some tape on our team when AB was in the lineup because you clearly have forgotten how unbelievable good we were. Also, you're clearly not a believer in avery so obviously you love the gortat idea.

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 08:47:35 PM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Yrading AB would be beyond stupid ...but trading GREEN ASAP would be the smartest thing ever... :'(

I would have had no problem if Green was given a one year deal for 8-9 million, too bad Ainge decided to give him a long term deal. His contract looks worse every day.

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 08:50:31 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21

THIS ^^^

Ray was never, ever known for his defense, even before coming here, and let's not even talk about Ray's defense last year during the  playoffs.
Completely not true