Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 417414 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #885 on: June 13, 2016, 03:31:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Anyone have any ideas about the rumor Cersei was talking about? I'm guessing it involves wildfire, which the Mad King had supposedly hidden all around King's Landing.

Though it also could have something to do with Varys coming back to Kings Landing, too, or Olenna's role in Joffrey's murder.

« Reply #886 on: June 13, 2016, 03:33:26 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Anyone have any ideas about the rumor Cersei was talking about? I'm guessing it involves wildfire, which the Mad King had supposedly hidden all around King's Landing.

Though it also could have something to do with Varys coming back to Kings Landing, too, or Olenna's role in Joffrey's murder.
gotta be wild fire

She'll be the new mad king (queen) and jaime will fulfill his destiny by killing her
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #887 on: June 13, 2016, 03:48:03 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

gotta be wild fire

She'll be the new mad king (queen) and jaime will fulfill his destiny by killing her

I think specifically wildfire hidden under the Sept.

It would make sense to have that lite to end that threat to her and her son, but to have it go very bad.   Burning out of control to where the red keep is also consumed.  She survives but her son the king does not.

« Reply #888 on: June 13, 2016, 03:51:36 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

gotta be wild fire

It would make sense to have that lite to end that threat to her and her son, but to have it go very bad.   Burning out of control to where the red keep is also consumed.  She survives but her son the king does not.
i like it

I like it a lot
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #889 on: June 13, 2016, 03:56:21 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

gotta be wild fire

I like it, too, because didn't the fortune teller that she visited when she was young that all three of her children will precede her in death? That's got to be it if it happens this season.

But then it's like bad news for Danearys, since there wouldn't be anything to really come back to.

« Reply #890 on: June 13, 2016, 04:11:36 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I think Wildfire is the #1 contender.

#2 is something boring like it's just that the Queen isn't sharing a bed with the King

#3 is she has dirt on the High Sparrow, since he used to sin so much there might be something going on

I can't think of a plausible #4

« Reply #891 on: June 14, 2016, 12:33:51 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Man, this whole Jaime/Brienne thing truly breaks my heart.

I'm usually not one for shipping fictional characters, but if they don't find each other, I'll riot.  >:(
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #892 on: June 14, 2016, 12:46:18 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

gotta be wild fire

i like it

I like it a lot
+1

« Reply #893 on: June 14, 2016, 08:22:31 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

gotta be wild fire

I like it, too, because didn't the fortune teller that she visited when she was young that all three of her children will precede her in death? That's got to be it if it happens this season.

But then it's like bad news for Danearys, since there wouldn't be anything to really come back to.
oh wouldn't that be the biggest bite in the ass for Cersei!  Who becomes the successor at that point?  No more Barathean kids left.  Robert's out of brothers now too.  Can only imagine the free-for-all that would result in the fight for the iron throne.

As for Dany, I always figured she'd come back to Kings Landing in storm of dragon fire that would level the defending army and city.  Having Cersei burn it to the ground would just save a step ;)

« Reply #894 on: June 15, 2016, 04:48:20 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Well i feel episode 9 should get a LOTR battle of the armies/ return of the king type tides of battle changes. Something like
Jon's army 2k+62 mormounts+1 giant=3k vs Boltons 5k
- Frey's joining Bolton's army.
1:2
- Manderly+houses of the north and Umbers (turn)joining Jon.
1:1
-Knights of the Vale joining the Boltons!
1:3
-Hound, Brienna and Brotherhood + super pack jump in.
-Tullies and Lannisters join Jon!
2:1
Jon wins.

« Reply #895 on: June 15, 2016, 07:17:15 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Wildfire doesn't make sense as the rumor since those two had been talking about Wildfire since season 2.  I'm guessing it is the rumors from the books about Queen Margaery.

EDIT: Not that I don't think wildfire will be around, just I don't see why Qyburn and Cersei would be talking about it like it was a rumor.  That is the part that doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:05:19 AM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #896 on: June 15, 2016, 07:47:50 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Well i feel episode 9 should get a LOTR battle of the armies/ return of the king type tides of battle changes. Something like
Jon wins.

After reading this I have to wonder if you watch the show sober.   Knights of the Vale will fight for Sansa, I wager.

« Reply #897 on: June 15, 2016, 08:02:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Jon wins.

After reading this I have to wonder if you watch the show sober.   Knights of the Vale will fight for Sansa, I wager.
absolutely.  Littlefinger and Robin will retake the North for the Starks.  And there is no way the Lannisters will join the Starks.

« Reply #898 on: June 15, 2016, 10:10:25 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
We've seen a lot of twists and turns but the Lannisters joinning the Starks againsts their allies the Boltons is a bit far fetched

« Reply #899 on: June 15, 2016, 10:14:04 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
We've seen a lot of twists and turns but the Lannisters joinning the Starks againsts their allies the Boltons is a bit far fetched
The twists have all been fairly predictable.  That one is not.