Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 563094 times)

Section 87, celticinorlando, jambr380, mobilija, Surferdad, jpd985 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #7155 on: May 04, 2024, 03:41:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
Good to hear jimmy butler still is an idiot. Said if he played Boston would be at home with a loss. So tired of that nonsense.

Guy is so overrated.

They only have themselves to blame. Butler got hurt in the play-in game which Miami had to play two of because they "coasted" during the season and even Butler managed himself with rest days and stuff. They got what they deserved. Adios

Also I've been reading reports that the Heat apparently no longer view Butler as a long term option for them and are souring on giving him a max. They'll still get it done because they have no choice but Butler's knees are gonna continue to be an issue going forward, and I'm curious to see how they get a 3rd star. And no, Herro along isn't getting it, they need to add a bunch more players/picks. A lot more.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7156 on: May 04, 2024, 03:54:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Oh man that's a tough loss for the Mavs even if he doesn't play as much, still a good bench guy:

Maxi Kleber has a third degree discoloration of the AC joint in his shoulder & will be sidelined indefinitely, likely for Dallas’ entire playoff run.

Massive loss for Dallas’ bench production.

« Reply #7157 on: May 04, 2024, 03:55:38 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Oh man that's a tough loss for the Mavs:

Maxi Kleber has a third degree discoloration of the AC joint in his shoulder & will be sidelined indefinitely, likely for Dallas’ entire playoff run.

Really tough loss..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7158 on: May 04, 2024, 04:18:13 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
Oh man that's a tough loss for the Mavs:

Really tough loss..

Their only skilled offensive big man.

« Reply #7159 on: May 04, 2024, 04:25:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
James Harden wants new deal, wouldn’t touch him whatsoever

I know the Sixers were first round exits but they didn't make a mistake letting him go.

They didn’t really get anything useful for him and I think they would still be playing if he was in their team. So I actually think they did make a mistake. Especially when you consider how wide open rest of east became

I don't. But my point more so was not giving him a big-time extension when the time came for it. If the Clips give him it they'll regret it but I guess they don't have much of a choice with Kawhi locked in and George potentially leaving this offseason, possibly even to Philly lol (or Orlando)

I agree with you that if some team gives harden a high dollar extension it will be bad, but I also think there was a high opportunity cost here. Embid may have two or three more postseasons in him. In a very tight 6 game series I don’t know how someone could argue the upgrade from batum to harden wouldn’t have swung the series. Or maybe they win a few more games in regular season and are playing the Cavs or magic instead. Maybe harden would have refused to play or something but they basically punted on this year with that trade and worn Embid in his thirties now I don’t think that was wise.

« Reply #7160 on: May 04, 2024, 06:03:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I know the Sixers were first round exits but they didn't make a mistake letting him go.

They didn’t really get anything useful for him and I think they would still be playing if he was in their team. So I actually think they did make a mistake. Especially when you consider how wide open rest of east became

I don't. But my point more so was not giving him a big-time extension when the time came for it. If the Clips give him it they'll regret it but I guess they don't have much of a choice with Kawhi locked in and George potentially leaving this offseason, possibly even to Philly lol (or Orlando)

I agree with you that if some team gives harden a high dollar extension it will be bad, but I also think there was a high opportunity cost here. Embid may have two or three more postseasons in him. In a very tight 6 game series I don’t know how someone could argue the upgrade from batum to harden wouldn’t have swung the series. Or maybe they win a few more games in regular season and are playing the Cavs or magic instead. Maybe harden would have refused to play or something but they basically punted on this year with that trade and worn Embid in his thirties now I don’t think that was wise.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but honestly for me I feel like everyone says this about Harden every year lol. And the same thing happens, his teams choke, Harden himself chokes, and we're back to square one in the offseason. If Harden is *that* guy then he should have helped George guide the Clippers past the Mavs. He couldn't do it. Couldn't help PHI in Games 6 and 7 last year. Had some chances in his peak with the Rockets but also came up short. Something would have happened or he would have created more drama if he stayed in Philly probably. His relationship with Morey seemed to also sour which was definitely a factor.

Sure, maybe he helps PHI win a playoff game or two. Sixers still lost in 5 games, so I guess instead they would have lost in 6 or 7? I think if anything, maybe having Harden around while Embiid was out would have kept PHI in the playoff picture and allowed them to avoid the play-in, but then again, do Maxey and some of the others grow and have an impact or do their roles diminish too? Maxey was huge for them in their only playoff win.

« Reply #7161 on: May 04, 2024, 06:55:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Denver vs Minnesota

This is the real WCF. Reminds me of the Duncan vs Dirk matchup in 2006. Everyone knew whoever won that series was coming out of the West. Same this time round.

« Reply #7162 on: May 04, 2024, 07:10:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I am rooting for Minnesota in this series.

« Reply #7163 on: May 04, 2024, 07:14:02 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Denver start slow. Hey, this ain't LAL. That crap ain't gonna fly here. You are playing a top team now. You gotta bring it.

« Reply #7164 on: May 04, 2024, 07:16:57 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 891
  • GOT IT!!!
A gimpy Murray won’t get it done in this series. He needs to be good to go throughout.

« Reply #7165 on: May 04, 2024, 07:18:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Boy, not a good sign that they’re already struggling to contain Edwards. With Murray gimpy it’ll be hard for them to purely outscore Minny with no answer for Edwards.

« Reply #7166 on: May 04, 2024, 07:20:25 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I'm not disagreeing with you, but honestly for me I feel like everyone says this about Harden every year lol. And the same thing happens, his teams choke, Harden himself chokes, and we're back to square one in the offseason. If Harden is *that* guy then he should have helped George guide the Clippers past the Mavs. He couldn't do it. Couldn't help PHI in Games 6 and 7 last year. Had some chances in his peak with the Rockets but also came up short. Something would have happened or he would have created more drama if he stayed in Philly probably. His relationship with Morey seemed to also sour which was definitely a factor.

Sure, maybe he helps PHI win a playoff game or two. Sixers still lost in 5 games, so I guess instead they would have lost in 6 or 7? I think if anything, maybe having Harden around while Embiid was out would have kept PHI in the playoff picture and allowed them to avoid the play-in, but then again, do Maxey and some of the others grow and have an impact or do their roles diminish too? Maxey was huge for them in their only playoff win.
In Harden's playoff career in games with 10+ shot attemps he had 10 games with 2 or fewer makes and 17 games with 3 or fewer makes, both are the most in nba history.  Those are insane numbers for one of the best scorers in nba history.  He plays at one level in the regular season, and then chances are good he's going to be a dud in a high percentage of the playoff games.  I don't see how any team would be better in the playoffs by adding such an inconsistent choker, regardless of his skill level.

« Reply #7167 on: May 04, 2024, 07:21:06 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Minnesota can defend

« Reply #7168 on: May 04, 2024, 07:21:26 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Denver really struggling with this elite Minny defense.

« Reply #7169 on: May 04, 2024, 07:21:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Great steal by Jokic. Sandwhiched in between two bad plays by MPJ. A forced shot. A forced drive. Two empty possessions.