Author Topic: Shows that were cancelled (but shouldn't have been)  (Read 25128 times)

Re: Shows that were cancelled (but shouldn't have been)
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 05:27:51 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
A few blasts from the past:  Tour of Duty, Brooklyn Bridge, My So Called Life, Picket Fences

TP for Picket Fences. One of my favorites of all time. Glad someone mentioned it.

Also could have kept watching Spenser for Hire as long as they wanted to keep making episodes.

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2011, 05:30:56 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
NBA/NFL 2012 season. At least I hope not.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2011, 05:33:42 PM »

Offline wasi

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
I liked that show Terriers but it was canceled after only 1 season. It ended not having any idea what was gonna happen next so I'm mad about it. Nobody watched it and that's why it was canceled but if people gave it a shot it was a good show.

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2011, 05:35:24 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Dead Like Me

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2011, 05:42:30 PM »

Offline Celticsfan336

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
How bout Third Watch??? that was awesome

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2011, 06:13:51 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Here's one.

The "Clerks" animated series.  I've started to despise most everything that Kevin Smith does, but the cartoon was pretty [dang] funny and only got two episodes aired. 

Agree 100%. I've always thought Kevin should do another animated series, even if not Clerks. He clearly has a talent for that type of show IMO.

Also agree that the films and stuff he's churning out these days are not worth bothering with.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2011, 06:15:39 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
Sarah Conner Terminator Chronicles, Knight Rider, The Class, Numb3rs, Airwolf, Scoundrels.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Dead Like Me

Dead Like Me is a..well its a unique taste. I came to enjoy it, but only after I kept forcing myself to watch it because people I respected told me I was dumb for not liking it. Great show, unique taste.

You know two shows I'm really impressed has lasted as long as it has (and are also a unique taste)? Psych and Supernatural. Thank the lord for them.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2011, 06:25:09 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Farscape-scifi renewed it for season 5, released press release and then changed their mind and cancelled show after season 4- Are there any sci fi shows left on that channel? I had such high hopes that the channel would flourish with great sci fi

Heroes got shafted without a good resolution by NBC..I am embarrassed to say I liked Surface to on that channel! They always get their fans nicely when they cancel a show..never a follow up movie to close things

Space: Above and Beyond on Fox was a gritty sci fi show that I really enjoyed but got pulled after 1 season

Babylon 5 I could have watched for a few more years...

Battlestar Galactica-new version

Seinfeld- Has there every been a funnier sit com..I miss that show but thank god for Curb Your Enthusiasm!

Take out seinfeld and this is my list lol.  Basically my fav. lesser known sci fi shows ever.

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I've got zero issues with how BSG ended. Absolutely zero. The only qualm I have with it is that it wasn't on HBO or Showtime...you know..for obvious reasons.

Bleh...Heroes. What a terrible show. It was cheezy 70's grindhouse meets saturdaymorning cartoon meets the X-Men. Bleh.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2011, 06:38:10 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
A lot of my shows were mentioned already.

-The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (technically it wasn't canceled, Will Smith just wanted to move on)

-Martin

-Maya the Bee

-Guiding Light (AMC was my show too but I don't mind it being canceled)

-The Game (I know BET picked it up but I think they have nearly ruined it)

that's just a few off the top of my head but lots more could be added.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I've got zero issues with how BSG ended. Absolutely zero. The only qualm I have with it is that it wasn't on HBO or Showtime...you know..for obvious reasons.

Bleh...Heroes. What a terrible show. It was cheezy 70's grindhouse meets saturdaymorning cartoon meets the X-Men. Bleh.

Grindhouse...saturday morning cartoons...Xmen...yes, yes, yes! lol

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2011, 07:23:37 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

Old lasted only 1 season, but was a great show(from what I remember).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Hill

The series stars Taye Diggs as the title character, a lawyer who has to balance his professional career and his love life with having custody of Sarah, his 10 month old cousin. (His late cousin's daughter) The season ended on a cliff hanger when the biological mother returned to demand Sarah back.

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2011, 07:34:27 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130

Battlestar Galactica-new version

I loved BSG, it's one of my top 5, but I was fine with the length and the finale. I recently started rewatching it and as I'm moving through season 3, I realize how often the plot kept getting dropped in favor of filler episodes and tedious love square stuff. Love the show, but it's clear that they wouldn't have had the steam to carry it for much longer.

My pick: Pushing Daisies. Dead Like Me was okay, but PD had more charm, more charisma, and outstanding visuals. It was a whimsical twist on crime procedurals.

It's sad that with the emphasis on Nielson ratings, a show can garner 12 Emmy nominations and get canceled that same season.

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2011, 08:10:35 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Here's one.

The "Clerks" animated series.  I've started to despise most everything that Kevin Smith does, but the cartoon was pretty [dang] funny and only got two episodes aired. 

Agree 100%. I've always thought Kevin should do another animated series, even if not Clerks. He clearly has a talent for that type of show IMO.

Also agree that the films and stuff he's churning out these days are not worth bothering with.

The problem is that it almost *has* to be Clerks, because I don't think he has the talent for anything else.