Author Topic: The Office  (Read 20293 times)

Re: The Office
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 09:33:44 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
yeah i was amused by last night's program --- nothing like the show's high water mark of a few years back but lots of little stuff.

i thought the Toby/Michael scenes were funny. But the episodes get better with additional viewings too.

i'm an office addict. 124 ep on my DVR!
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
yeah i was amused by last night's program --- nothing like the show's high water mark of a few years back but lots of little stuff.

i thought the Toby/Michael scenes were funny. But the episodes get better with additional viewings too.

I would say their high water mark was "The Gay witchunt," a few seasons back
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
During the summer I watched Season 1-5 via netflix I have to get through 6(I've seen episodes here and there) before I get to 7. Great show, I can't imagine working with Michael Scott his personality irritates me from home, lol.

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2010, 11:10:02 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

I thought Season 3 as a whole (including that episode) was their creative and comedic peak.  Every episode was tremendous.  Actually, I think "Gay Witch Hunt" was the episode that won them an Emmy that year, but I may be mistaken.

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 11:52:08 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I think they peaked in season 2.  That was before the Jim and Pam thing got old, and before they needed to start bringing in new characters (although I am a big fan of 'Nard Dog).

I also loved last nights episode though.  I think it might have been the best episode in a couple years. 

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2010, 06:47:59 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Last night's episode really sucked, I almost had trouble watching it entirely! I thought they butchered the counseling sessions between Michael and Toby, that could have been really funny but wasn't in any way. Dwight's attitude in this episode seemed totally out of character, and Pam's story was boring. One of the worst episodes of the show in my opinion, I hope it gets better next week...

Kinda surprised you liked "Nepotism" but not "Counseling" as I thought they were pretty similar in style and humor.  To each his own, but I thought last night was pretty good, especially Dwight's horribly failed attempt to be polite in the store.

And please don't use the word "worst" about future episodes, as no espisode could be worse than "Cafe Disco"...ever  :P

I vaguely remember Cafe Disco and I don't think it was that bad ;D

I thought Nepotism and Counseling were really different, but mostly I think I was disappointed because I expected really funny things out of the Toby/Michael counseling sessions. And the lone part that I thought funny was Michael talking about alien probes and wolves... but that's about it.

As for Dwight I just thought it was totally out of character for him to listen to his coworker's advices and be influenced like that.

It's interesting to see how all fans of the show have a really different take on the same episode though!

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2010, 09:02:59 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
Loved last night's episode, I guess we're in for a rollercoaster season. ;D

I don't like Andy as a character but the episode was well done, mostly because of Michael funny quotes/moments.

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2010, 10:39:30 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

I don't like Andy as a character but the episode was well done, mostly because of Michael funny quotes/moments.

Don't know that i loved it but yeah "Playhouse Mike" carried it.

I hated Any at first -- mostly b/c he was so diff. from Ed Helms on the Daily Show where he was my favorite correspondent --- but I'm warming up to him, maybe b/c he's becoming a little more like Helms (c. Daily Show).....

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2010, 10:43:34 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Don't know that i loved it but yeah "Playhouse Mike" carried it.

I hated Any at first -- mostly b/c he was so diff. from Ed Helms on the Daily Show where he was my favorite correspondent --- but I'm warming up to him, maybe b/c he's becoming a little more like Helms (c. Daily Show).....

I have always loved Andy, I think mostly because I went to Ithaca College and made fun of Cornell Kids most of the time. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2010, 06:26:47 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
Last night's episode was funny too, I liked it! Especially Michael visiting all his former girlfriends, and his memorable line when he talks to Jan ("between the sheets we were like Jordan and Pippen" ;D)!

Also, it looks like Holly could return soon now that she has appearead on the phone, so it's good news.

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2010, 07:58:10 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
If you cats are fans of "The Office" and that kind of awkward, cringe-worthy comedy....  you MUST check out "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" on IFC. 

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2010, 08:10:07 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Last night's episode was funny too, I liked it! Especially Michael visiting all his former girlfriends, and his memorable line when he talks to Jan ("between the sheets we were like Jordan and Pippen" ;D)!

Also, it looks like Holly could return soon now that she has appearead on the phone, so it's good news.

Liked the episode, hated the cold opening.  The past couple years, the writers have occasionally crossed the line between "insensitive and aloof Dwight" and "intentionally cruel Dwight."  The first Dwight is funny, the second Dwight is not.

And I guess Amy Ryan is scheduled to appear in several episodes this year, so yes, we will be seeing Holly back.  Since this is Steve Carell's last season, I'm thinking the season ends with Michael being forced to choose between Holly and Dunder-Mifflin, and him choosing Holly and quitting (for good this time).

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2010, 09:36:46 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
If you cats are fans of "The Office" and that kind of awkward, cringe-worthy comedy....  you MUST check out "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" on IFC. 

That is the one with all the actors from Arrested Development, right?  I have been meaning to watch that, the commercial looked good anyways.

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 03:56:10 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald

Liked the episode, hated the cold opening.  The past couple years, the writers have occasionally crossed the line between "insensitive and aloof Dwight" and "intentionally cruel Dwight."  The first Dwight is funny, the second Dwight is not.

And I guess Amy Ryan is scheduled to appear in several episodes this year, so yes, we will be seeing Holly back.  Since this is Steve Carell's last season, I'm thinking the season ends with Michael being forced to choose between Holly and Dunder-Mifflin, and him choosing Holly and quitting (for good this time).

I hadn't thought of it but yeah, this ending makes sense to the season. Or maybe Michael leaves due to health problems and he doesn't get Holly back.

I just don't know how they will be able to continue the show without Steve Carell though, it simply won't be The Office anymore.

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2010, 01:54:27 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
Last night's episode was fun, mainly because of Dwight and Jim! Timothy Olyphant did OK, I wonder if we will see him often in the future.