Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1009197 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread -Trades until Monday 8:00PM EST
« Reply #3720 on: August 30, 2013, 12:50:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have never seen as much parity in this game at the end of the drafting as I have seen this year. I feel that is a good thing and will make things interesting for the voting phase and put a tremendous emphasis on match ups during the playoffs.

I also think it should hold voters attention deeper into the playoffs, but we will see.

« Reply #3721 on: August 30, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I've got a strong suspicion there are going to be quite a few teams that wipe themselves out by Monday making some foolish trade and then are stuck scrambling to make all their new parts fit.
Tends to happen with newer GMs a lot, they hear all the critiques and aren't confident enough in their teams and start trading and before you know it they have a hot mess and all they did was make teams with more experienced and savy GMs better.

Happens all too often in this game.

Yeah, one of the newer GMs asked me about this.  His worry was that he had a playoff team, but not really a contender, and he was thinking of doing something drastic.

My advice:  even if you're not going to "win", there's a lot of value in getting playoff experience, debating against another GM and trying to convince others about the strengths of your team.  It's a lot of fun, and it's good practice for future drafts.
Sound advice from the champ.

« Reply #3722 on: August 30, 2013, 12:52:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I have never seen as much parity in this game at the end of the drafting as I have seen this year. I feel that is a good thing and will make things interesting for the voting phase and put a tremendous emphasis on match ups during the playoffs.

I also think it should hold voters attention deeper into the playoffs, but we will see.

Yeah, I don't think there's a clear favorite this year, or even a consensus top four or five.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3723 on: August 30, 2013, 01:10:20 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I've got a strong suspicion there are going to be quite a few teams that wipe themselves out by Monday making some foolish trade and then are stuck scrambling to make all their new parts fit.

« Reply #3725 on: August 30, 2013, 01:17:30 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #3726 on: August 30, 2013, 01:37:27 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

when does voting start?

« Reply #3727 on: August 30, 2013, 01:39:21 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Washington takes Gerald Green with their last pick

« Reply #3728 on: August 30, 2013, 01:41:29 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
with our crazy overdue pick, Brooklyn selects Mason Plumlee, who we hear has a relatively large body that is able to maneuver relatively rapidly.

« Reply #3729 on: August 30, 2013, 02:07:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Washington takes Gerald Green with their last pick

Somebody just vaulted to "Team of the Future" front runner!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3730 on: August 30, 2013, 02:20:52 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
There are still a couple teams yet to make picks/FA selections?

Surprised at the upside/role players still on the board at this point. Almost enough to go one more round.

Toward that end, I'll happily pay TP for a pick at this point, or field trade offers where I send you two of my guys for one of yours and a pick.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:26:15 PM by Lucky17 »
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3731 on: August 30, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

when does voting start?
Next Friday for the regular season. The week following for playoffs. With the pressers still to go and a holiday Monday, it was the fastest it was going to be able to happen.

« Reply #3732 on: August 30, 2013, 02:49:46 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

This is my first CB draft but I agree as far as parity. There is little to nothing that really separates us at the top. Every team has its strengths and its flaws with no real "loaded" team.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3733 on: August 30, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84XzQq8x0dw

CHAMP! WHERE ARE YOU?

Leave that Champkind alone.

Also, college football... YAWN.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #3734 on: August 30, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Memphis Grizzlies Player Profiles
Zach Randolph

Zach Randolph? On the decline? Let's get real. He barely jumps at all as it is, and attempted just 18 dunks last season! Z-Bo and his old man game aren't going anywhere any time soon, because age is not going to affect him like it does with others. Sure, his days of 20/10 are over, but that's only thanks to the emergence of Conley and Gasol. Z-Bo's usage rate last season was the second lowest of his entire career, and the Grizzlies were able to afford playing him two less minutes per game compared to his dominant 10-11 campaign.

Many people are quick to point the finger at his postseason performance last year, but how bad was it? Excluding the Spurs series, Z-Bo posted 19.7 points / 9.3 rebounds on .512 / .729 shooting. San Antonio had the fortitude to collapse on Memphis's frontcourt, successfully limiting both Randolph and Gasol, but not many people seem inclined to label Gasol as a declining player.

Entering this upcoming season, life will only be easier for Z-Bo with improved floor spacing. The addition of Marcus Thornton combined with the promotion of Quincy Pondexter will make teams think twice before loading up the paint, and Memphis's bread-and-butter high-low offense is going to be more effective than ever. Randolph might be 32-years old, but don't even dare to underestimate his game. Otherwise, you'll be in for a major reality check this season.

http://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2013/5/31/4376470/grading-the-2012-13-memphis-grizzlies-zach-randolph-pf

The lone Grizzly to make the NBA All-Star team this year, Zach Randolph rebounded nicely from his injury ridden season of 2011-12 and matched a lot of his production from his phenomenal 2010-11 season, all while helping lead the franchise to record setting win totals, percentages and postseason advancement.

When you look at Zbo's stats from this year they pretty much line up with all of his career averages. Zach was able to have an above average year in rebounding while his slight dip in points and shots can be explained by the development and progression of Marc Gasol and Mike Conley; the shots were just spread out over the roster more than they have been in the past.

Randolph's shooting started off superbly at 50% in November and December before an ankle sprain would start to limit his effectiveness at what he does best - snagging offensive rebounds, tip-ins and put-backs. Around the time of the injury there also began a series of rumors based around him and/or Rudy Gay being traded, and it had to have affected Zbo's focus and subsequent production to some degree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqY-QqiFl0g

Good write-up by the lakers on my man ZBo!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:00:06 PM by Kane3387 »

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14