Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1009185 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread - Back to playing the game
« Reply #900 on: August 20, 2013, 03:16:25 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Pau was on Washington's list for 3.1. Curse you Mod Squad.

Well that softens the blow of thinking deluding myself into believing he mighta lasted to 3.6....
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #901 on: August 20, 2013, 03:19:22 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Also...

The Thunder were ranked third in the NBA for Defensive Efficiency (Pts Allowed per 100 Possessions).

Who are the top teams you might ask?

1) Indiana (Hibbert)
2) Memphis (Gasol)
3) OKC (Ibaka)
4) SA (Duncan)
5) CHI (Noah)
6) BOS (Garnett)

I think he's a better/more important defender than you give him credit for. Keep in mind that having an elite shot blocker changes the mentality of offensive players as well. In effort to not being stuffed, they tend to take outside shots/floaters which are in turn lower percentage shots.

Having Westbrook/Sefolosha as your backcourt goes a long way, and it's sort of sad how much disrespect Perkins gets around here now...

I mean, I'm not saying Ibaka is a negative or a non-factor for their defense, because his rim protection is definitely valuable. He's just a very overrated defender IMO because people all too often misconstrue blocks as an accurate metric of defensive ability.

« Reply #902 on: August 20, 2013, 03:21:14 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Golden State picks Z-Bo

This was the other guy Washington was going to take at 3.1.

« Reply #903 on: August 20, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm here, just doing some due diligence.  Pick in a few.

« Reply #904 on: August 20, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Looking back at Yoki's trade, who would you rather have:

Lillard/Gay/Monroe

or

Harden/P Gasol

For me the answer is easy. I would rather have Harden/Gasol and have the patience to see someone drop in my lap at the end of the 3rd like gasol and a couple of other players have dropped in this round.

With all due respect Commish. I did not know Pau was going to fall in 2.22 now, do i? Like everyone else, I expected Pau to be gone at 15. If I had that information I would have waited.

I think I did pretty good with the trade.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #905 on: August 20, 2013, 03:22:30 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Aw, nuts. Thought Gasol had already been selected. Nice pickup.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #906 on: August 20, 2013, 03:25:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lots of really nice tandems so far this year.  I think this competition is wide open.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #907 on: August 20, 2013, 03:25:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Lillard/Gay/Monroe

or

Harden/P Gasol

For me the answer is easy. I would rather have Harden/Gasol and have the patience to see someone drop in my lap at the end of the 3rd like gasol and a couple of other players have dropped in this round.

With all due respect Commish. I did not know Pau was going to fall in 2.22 now, do i? Like everyone else, I expected Pau to be gone at 15. If I had that information I would have waited.

Patience my young padawan. Its all about patience. ;) :D

« Reply #908 on: August 20, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Lillard/Gay/Monroe

or

Harden/P Gasol

Harden/Gasol, and it's not even close.

And who will I put next to Harden and Gasol at 3.22? Again, I worked on the assumption that the big men talents are going out fast, I had to do something.

You're right, Harden and Gasol seems to be a good pairing compare to Lillard/Gay/Monroe (who BTW is not bad, at all). I already told this to Commish, if I had info that Gasol would drop, I would wait. But I don't and quality big men are being snatched like candy from a piñata early.  I decided to rebuild instead of the risk of waiting.

It turned pretty good, great actually. Solid core of star players.

« Reply #909 on: August 20, 2013, 03:28:16 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Lillard/Gay/Monroe

or

Harden/P Gasol

Patience my young padawan. Its all about patience. ;) :D

Not when quality big men are going out fast like pancakes. There's a time and place for waiting, this years 2nd round  I thought was not it. I was wrong, but I would do it all over again if I see the board with the first 10 picks being quality bigs and there are 12 more selections ahead of me.

I managed to salvage a team with a franchise superstar into a group of borderline all stars.

« Reply #910 on: August 20, 2013, 03:29:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Lillard/Gay/Monroe

or

Harden/P Gasol

And who will I put next to Harden and Gasol at 3.22? Again, I worked on the assumption that the big men talents are going out fast, I had to do something.

You're right, Harden and Gasol seems to be a good pairing compare to Lillard/Gay/Monroe (who BTW is not bad, at all). I already told this to Commish, if I had info that Gasol would drop, I would wait. But I don't and quality big men are being snatched like candy from a piñata early.  I decided to rebuild instead of the risk of waiting.

3.22 last year was Sanderson Mareplow (sound it out). Seems like he'd be a good pick.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #911 on: August 20, 2013, 03:29:20 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Lillard/Gay/Monroe

or

Harden/P Gasol

Its one of the risks of drafting top 5.  But luckily the talent gap is pretty significant that teams with top 5 players can survive the wait.  You too could have survived even if you didnt get Pau. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #912 on: August 20, 2013, 03:29:31 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Lillard/Gay/Monroe

or

Harden/P Gasol

Monroe, lillard, and gay really haven't achieved star status. To be fair harden has only attained it for one year.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #913 on: August 20, 2013, 03:29:36 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
All right, I'm torn but I think this guy is less likely to be around for my next pick.

Orlando Kobes select Paul Millsap

« Reply #914 on: August 20, 2013, 03:29:44 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

Lillard/Gay/Monroe

or

Harden/P Gasol

There's actually still a few quality big men out there.

And don't read me the wrong way. I'm not trying to be critical because I have yet to see how you fill out your team. I obviously can't blame you for not having the foresight of knowing Pau would still be on the board at 2.22, either. However, nick compared Lillard/Gay/Monroe and Harden/Gasol, and like I said earlier: it's not even close.