Author Topic: mayweather sr: "mayweather-pacquaio will happen"  (Read 28660 times)

Re: mayweather sr: "mayweather-pacquaio will happen"
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 06:46:42 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
My heart says Pacquiao. I would not want anything more than for Pacman to hand Mayweather his first loss. I think Mayweather wins easily though. In Pacman's prime, it's a toss up.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 06:48:48 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Here we go again...... Call me when the fight is officially announced.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 06:50:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Kentucky Derby, playoff hockey, & Mayweather-Paquaio.

Gonna be one heckuva sports day. 

Fight should've been 5-6 years ago but still going to be something special to watch.  I'm a Pacman guy but have always felt that Mayweather was/is the better fighter.  My initial feeling is Mayweather by decision.

Both fighters still looks like they are at the top of their game. If anything, all we lost from 5 years of waiting is a little bit of hype, since Floyd didn't want to fight Manny when he was white hot and Manny went to sleep against Marquez.

But from the previous fights of both men, it looks like they still are the best of the best, pound for pound. Should be worth the wait.

I think that a few years ago, Manny would have had a great shot.  At this stage of their careers, though, I think that Mayweather is going to kill him.

This is how I kinda see it too (minus the "kill" part).  I think late 2000s/early 2010 Manny wins.  Anything before, say 2008, I think Mayweather wins.   Anything since about Marquez/Pacman III, I think Mayweather wins again.

Pacman has bounced back nicely from the Bradley/Marquez debacles but Mayweather continues to be as technically sound as they come.  Mayweather has slipped but I think it's less noticeable than what we've seen out of Pacman the past couple of years. 

One thing I can guarantee, though, is that both of them are going to train their butts off for this fight and I expect to see the best out of them. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Fight should've been 5-6 years ago but still going to be something special to watch.  I'm a Pacman guy but have always felt that Mayweather was/is the better fighter.  My initial feeling is Mayweather by decision.

Both fighters still looks like they are at the top of their game. If anything, all we lost from 5 years of waiting is a little bit of hype, since Floyd didn't want to fight Manny when he was white hot and Manny went to sleep against Marquez.

But from the previous fights of both men, it looks like they still are the best of the best, pound for pound. Should be worth the wait.

I think that a few years ago, Manny would have had a great shot.  At this stage of their careers, though, I think that Mayweather is going to kill him.

I disagree.

And that's no bias. There's a reason Floyd ducked Manny for 5 years. And Manny looks like he hasn't lost his hand speed and is still showing that tough chin.

Manny will put Floyd down, maybe not to sleep, but Floyd will kiss the canvas.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 07:06:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I disagree.

And that's no bias. There's a reason Floyd ducked Manny for 5 years. And Manny looks like he hasn't lost his hand speed and is still showing that tough chin.

I don't know, man.  Pacman hasn't knocked somebody out in five or six years, and he's lost twice since the Mayweather hype began.  (Granted, only one of those losses was legit.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 07:10:52 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I disagree.

I don't know, man.  Pacman hasn't knocked somebody out in five or six years, and he's lost twice since the Mayweather hype began.  (Granted, only one of those losses was legit.)

And that legit loss was caused by being too careless, he was, in your own words, killing Marquez until he landed that beautiful counter.

He has been careful ever since. And sure, the power may not be there anymore, but looking at his last three fights, c'mon. Timothy Bradley was eating gloves, Chris Algieri was eating gloves. Those two have strong chins. I don't know if Floyd has a tougher chin than the other two that Manny fought last...

And Manny will go all out on this. He won't be the careful Manny that was what we saw in the last three fights. He's going to go back to reckless, yet entertaining Manny. This is could be LAST fight, could be his last payday (big one at that), I doubt he's going to hold back.

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 07:23:36 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Pacquiao has showed that he can outbox his opponent. Let's see if he can be the old pac with aggressive approach, barraging Floyd with thousand punches. Key to victory for Pac is to outwork him. Floyd have a very good accuracy but he doesn't really throw many volumes like Pac.

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 07:28:03 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Pacquiao has showed that he can outbox his opponent. Let's see if he can be the old pac with aggressive approach, barraging Floyd with thousand punches. Key to victory for Pac is to outwork him. Floyd have a very good accuracy but he doesn't really throw many volumes like Pac.

Agree here.

I think we're going to see the old Pac a bit, where he's just very aggressive, and would be willing to take a few counter punches just so he can move forward launch a ton of punches.

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 07:35:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I disagree.

And that legit loss was caused by being too careless, he was, in your own words, killing Marquez until he landed that beautiful counter.

He has been careful ever since. And sure, the power may not be there anymore, but looking at his last three fights, c'mon. Timothy Bradley was eating gloves, Chris Algieri was eating gloves. Those two have strong chins. I don't know if Floyd has a tougher chin than the other two that Manny fought last...

And Manny will go all out on this. He won't be the careful Manny that was what we saw in the last three fights. He's going to go back to reckless, yet entertaining Manny. This is could be LAST fight, could be his last payday (big one at that), I doubt he's going to hold back.

I hope you're right. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 08:09:21 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
The thing is neither Algeri nor Bradley packed power in their punches. Those two are feather-fisted to hurt Pac. Bradley really have a bad conditioning issues. It's clear that he was gassed out in their second fight.

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 08:28:28 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
It would have been nice to have the fight before Pac-man started getting so involved in politics and other distractions. Granted, the Congress in the Philippines really doesn't do anything except grandstand, but still.

But I'll leave the analysis to people who actually know something about boxing.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 08:38:15 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
It would have been nice to have the fight before Pac-man started getting so involved in politics and other distractions. Granted, the Congress in the Philippines really doesn't do anything except grandstand, but still.

But I'll leave the analysis to people who actually know something about boxing.

I can't trust those so called analyst just like people here take ESPN guys as a joke.

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 08:50:03 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The thing is neither Algeri nor Bradley packed power in their punches. Those two are feather-fisted to hurt Pac. Bradley really have a bad conditioning issues. It's clear that he was gassed out in their second fight.

But Floyd isn't known to be having any sort of power in his punches either.

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 08:58:03 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

Nah. He used to be stopping opponents earlier in his career. He have more recent KO win compared to Pac whom the last KO win was back in 2009 against Cotto. He may not have a one-punch KO power, but they definitely hurt. Cotto was also hurt during their fight.

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 09:02:20 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Nah. He used to be stopping opponents earlier in his career. He have more recent KO win compared to Pac whom the last KO win was back in 2009 against Cotto. He may not have a one-punch KO power, but they definitely hurt. Cotto was also hurt during their fight.

Oh, you mean when he KO'd Ortiz with a sucker punch to set it up?