Author Topic: 2019 MLB playoffs  (Read 3473 times)

2019 MLB playoffs
« on: October 01, 2019, 08:17:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I know most people here are Sox fans and I'm pretty much on my own island as a Brewer fan but [dang], their in the playoffs for the second year and a row so I'm going to celebrate.  I don't watch baseball since the 1994 strike cancelled the World Series but they've sucked me back in.

GO BREWERS!!!  up 2-0 after 1 innings.  LET'S GO BREWCREW!!!

Re: 2019 MLB playoffs
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 11:07:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!1

DEFEAT SNATCHED FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY!!!   SO p---ED OFF I COULD CHEW NAILS!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 11:59:02 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Sorry, man! What a wild 8th and 9th.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 12:07:37 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Brutal turn of events for Brewers in the 8th there. I thought the HBP caught the bat first, which led to the rally. The error by Grisham was truly gut-wrenching.

Great game though (for the impartial viewer).
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 04:48:22 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!1

DEFEAT SNATCHED FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY!!!   SO p---ED OFF I COULD CHEW NAILS!!!
Sympathy TP.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 08:23:58 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
That was a wild 8th inning. The National have been brutal in the playoffs, so it was nice to finally see them win a round  ::). After the game, I turned to my wife, and we were both like, what will the fans do if they actually win the World Series. That was an over the top celebration for just winning the play-in game.

BTW, that was a brutal error by the right fielder, which ended up allowing the winning run to score.

I found myself rooting for the Nationals because they have been so bad in the playoffs. However, when that 8th inning was happening, I remembered last years playoffs with the Brewers. Then I just wanted to see the Brewers come back, so I can see Front Row Amy again.

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 09:14:43 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
thanks for the sympathy guys.  TPs all around. 

I swear that on those rare years when the Brewers make the playoffs I'll just ignore them like I do during the regular season (still refuse to go to or watch games during the regular season because I'm still ticked off over the 1994 WS cancellation due to the strike) but they always drag me back in. 

>:(

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 09:54:58 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
That was a gut wrenching loss for the Brewers. Everything set up perfectly going into the 8th, and having their closer coming in. I know Hader has pitched more than 2 innings for a save in the past, but for most closers, coming into the game before the last inning doesn’t always work out. Pomeranz looked pretty good for his two innings. Sometimes managers can over-manage a game. I would have loved to seen the game last night with a healthy Christian Yelich, who is a great player.

Slamtheking, at least the Celtics season starts soon. With the roster the Brewers have, I'm sure they'll be in contention for the next few years, especially with having an MVP caliber player in Yelich.

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 10:37:35 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
That was a gut wrenching loss for the Brewers. Everything set up perfectly going into the 8th, and having their closer coming in. I know Hader has pitched more than 2 innings for a save in the past, but for most closers, coming into the game before the last inning doesn’t always work out. Pomeranz looked pretty good for his two innings. Sometimes managers can over-manage a game. I would have loved to seen the game last night with a healthy Christian Yelich, who is a great player.

Slamtheking, at least the Celtics season starts soon. With the roster the Brewers have, I'm sure they'll be in contention for the next few years, especially with having an MVP caliber player in Yelich.
thanks.  hoping the Brewers can actually land more frontline starters capable of going a minimum of 6-7 innings like traditional teams.  hate the way Counsell manages pitching to the point of only keeping starters in through one rotation of batters.  it's working to an extent in the regular season when the hitting is there but that gimmick only goes so far if you make the playoffs.

funny enough, my wife was trying to console me this morning with that same thought that the C's season was starting soon.  have to admit that's where my mind went after the game last night when I needed to find my happy place after that loss.

TP