Author Topic: A possible BIG that's already here (Nick Fazekas)  (Read 12659 times)

Re: fazekis
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Don't let his last game point total confuse you.

He is a terrible all around player.

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2009, 02:26:51 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 675
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I personally find it amazing that BBD is quick enough to play this sport, Tractor Traylor was quick enough to have a multi-year career, but Fazek isn't

BBD is the exception, not the rule. There's a reason guys like Sweetney and Sean May don't stay in the league for long.

there is not one player from the summer league team i would consider to be ready to be an important player on this team.

Pruitt? Or do you mean unsigned players.

i don't think any including pruitt..i had hopes for hudson until he broke his finger...

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2009, 02:27:12 PM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
I thought Fazekas was pretty horrible. Offensively he is decent but on defense he can`t guard a chair. He can`t even defend slow centers let alone any other position...IMO, he is not an NBA player...

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2009, 02:28:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Then the other players shouldn't get outplayed

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2009, 02:30:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I thought Fazekas was pretty horrible. Offensively he is decent but on defense he can`t guard a chair. He can`t even defend slow centers let alone any other position...IMO, he is not an NBA player...

Well you know what they say. The best defense is a good offense.

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2009, 02:31:07 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
there is not one player from the summer league team i would consider to be ready to be an important player on this team.

Karl, Lofton and maybe Swift or Fazekas all warrant at least looking at in training camp for the 14th or 15th spot on the roster.

Pruitt, Giddens, and Walker all played decent enough to deserve a chance to fight for a roster spot, too.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
Do remember though that the summer league is too small of a sample size to mean anything. Remember that Belinelli scored 40 a game, and that Bayless was a 29ppg scorer last year.

Also the best summer league player ever is Nate Robinson...though only because I think he played 3 years.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2009, 02:32:46 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Out of curiosity if Fazek was outplaying many players in summer league does that mean they aren't quick enough either, or just not big enough or good enough or what?

I mean at some point there's a tradeoff anyway. The guy could be as quick as a tree, but if he can get his shot off and hit 100% I want him on my team
Maybe it means summer league team defense is bad and if you can hit open jumpers, you will score a lot in summer league?

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2009, 02:34:03 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Do remember though that the summer league is too small of a sample size to mean anything. Remember that Belinelli scored 40 a game, and that Bayless was a 29ppg scorer last year.

Also the best summer league player ever is Nate Robinson...though only because I think he played 3 years.

I'd waaaayyyy rather have all three of those guys than Fazekis or Pruitt and probably Walker and Giddens too

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2009, 02:34:44 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown

It's Orlando Summer League.

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2009, 02:35:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Out of curiosity if Fazek was outplaying many players in summer league does that mean they aren't quick enough either, or just not big enough or good enough or what?

I mean at some point there's a tradeoff anyway. The guy could be as quick as a tree, but if he can get his shot off and hit 100% I want him on my team
Maybe it means summer league team defense is bad and if you can hit open jumpers, you will score a lot in summer league?

So then everyone else's defense is about as bad as his and he has an important basketball skill they don't have?

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2009, 02:36:39 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown

So then everyone else's defense is about as bad as his and he has an important basketball skill they don't have?

You apparently didn't watch the games. So trust those who did.

He's just a tall guy who had some easy buckets.

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2009, 02:37:29 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Did anyone good ever get horribly outplayed in summer league? Did Bron get torched by the Shane Battiers that year?
Did Melo embarrass himself?

I know there are guys that weren't great that played well like Brandon Hunter, but I'm wondering if it ever happened the other way around.

I heard AL J didn't do so well

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2009, 02:38:33 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 675
  • MASTER OF PANIC

ITS THE catalina wine mixer! POW!

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2009, 02:40:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

You apparently didn't watch the games. So trust those who did.

He's just a tall guy who had some easy buckets.

I was under the impression there were a lot of tall guys at the NBA summer league and that if they were easy baskets more tall guys would get them