Author Topic: The key to more noise at the Garden!!  (Read 1419 times)

The key to more noise at the Garden!!
« on: June 03, 2008, 01:21:22 PM »

Offline Section301

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • Yum
In the Old Garden, during the playoffs, additional noise was generated by banging on the electrical panels around the perimeter of the Garden (which made a sound like thunder).  For years, I've been wondering what could be used to replace that in the new Garden.  I finally heard it during Game 5 of the Conference Finals.  Somebody figured out that the retaining wall around the very top seats of the Garden (way up, above the balcony) really reverberates when you whack it with your hands.  Some guys (maybe 5 or 6 of them) in the corner were doing it during Detroit free throws in the fourth quarter, and it really took the volume up a notch.  We need the entire level 9 crew doing that during key moments of the Finals. If I can hear myself screaming, we aren't loud enough. 
Good food, like good music and good love, always requires a little sweat in the making in order for it to be truly memorable.

Re: The key to more noise at the Garden!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 01:28:52 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I believe the noise and the atmosphere will have a huge impact on Game 1 of this series.  I don't care how long these guys have been around, how many rings they have, Final Fours they've been in, or anything like that.  The crowd and atmosphere on Thursday night will be like nothing these guys have EVER played in front of.  I believe whoever can control their emotions and respond to the crowd will come out on top on Thursday, I think it will have that much of an impact.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."