Author Topic: Two Underappreciated Moments So Far  (Read 2275 times)

Two Underappreciated Moments So Far
« on: June 03, 2008, 11:39:19 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Numero Uno: 

It wasn't too underappreciated by most around here, but the lack of recognition that Eddie House completely changed the playoffs for the Celtics in one play.  Game 7 against the Cleveland Lebrons.  A game where the Celtics were showing about as much excitement as Bea Arthur.

In comes Eddie "we will not lose in this" House.  He has been badly underplayed in this series against the Cavs.  It doesn't matter.  He immediately shows he should get more PT.  On a play where nobody would have blamed him for just letting the ball squirt down the court and go out of bounds, he sprints like Marion Jones after juicing up towards the ball.  Right before the ball goes out of bounds he dives and somehow gets it to Posey who is then fouled.  From this point on in the game the Celtics played with a different mentality.  It continued even through the tip that the Truth dove in front of Lebron for.  Absolute game/playoff changing play.  Thank you Eddie (and thanks for your son being at the games).

Next!

The secret to getting out of any shooting slump.  Forget extra shots in the gym.  Forget working on your form.  Forget blaming your 2nd year point guard.  The secret to getting out of a slump is:

The Compression Sleeve!  or better yet the guy who suggested that Ray Ray use the compression sleeve.  This Bud Light is for you suggestor of the compression sleeve man.  Jesus Shuttlesworth comes into game 5 shooting something like negative 20% from 3 pt land in the playoffs.  Then he adds the sleeve and then goes off in Game 5 for like 27 points and 5 3 pointers.  I immediately went out the next day and bought one to wear to the office.  I have been tickling the twine of my Nerf mini hoop ever since.

So this post is in appreciation of two moments that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

Re: Two Underappreciated Moments So Far
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 11:44:44 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I don't think Eddie's "dive" was underappreciated by the fans at all.  Every time Eddie enters the game they chant his name, probably because of that one play.

Ray Allen's sleeve may be underappreciated though.  The sleeve definitely is the key! ;D
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
This Bud Light is for you suggestor of the compression sleeve man.

LOL, for that line and the whole post.  TP for you, Bankshot.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 12:16:36 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
I rarely giveth TPs, but that post was worth it. Nice job, blake.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 02:33:15 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I'm not saying that C's fans have ignored House by any means.  I'm just saying imho that he single handedly changed the course of the playoffs.  and for that I want to give him his kudos.

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 02:38:52 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
the house moment was a great moment. as for ray's sleeve, perhaps that's under-appreciated. not anymore though.