Author Topic: Is Tatum Better Than Leonard?  (Read 6089 times)

Re: Is Tatum Better Than Leonard?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 02:43:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think it’s a bit premature considering Kawhi has proven time and again to lift his game in the playoffs, leading to two Finals MVP’s and two titles.

However, I haven’t watched the game yet. When I do I’ll probably revisit this thread and hail JT as the second coming
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 02:57:29 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I think it’s a bit premature considering Kawhi has proven time and again to lift his game in the playoffs, leading to two Finals MVP’s and two titles.

However, I haven’t watched the game yet. When I do I’ll probably revisit this thread and hail JT as the second coming

We were all excited after the win
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2020, 05:32:10 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Calm down a minute.

However it was highly encouraging to see Tatum raise the level of his game against one of the best teams in the West.

So the Celtics have now beat both the Lakers and the Clippers.  Wow, they really can play against and beat anyone when they are at the top of their game.

I can see this team getting to the Finals if everything falls in place and we can stay healthy.

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2020, 06:04:48 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

We were all excited after the win
I totally get it. Just finished the game, and wow! Tatum & Hayward were awesome in the last OT!

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2020, 06:10:51 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Calm down a minute.

However it was highly encouraging to see Tatum raise the level of his game against one of the best teams in the West.

So the Celtics have now beat both the Lakers and the Clippers.  Wow, they really can play against and beat anyone when they are at the top of their game.

I can see this team getting to the Finals if everything falls in place and we can stay healthy.

If Im not mistaken, the only playoff teams we havent beaten yet are the Rockets and Jazz (which we havent played yet)

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 06:36:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Calm down a minute.

If Im not mistaken, the only playoff teams we havent beaten yet are the Rockets and Jazz (which we havent played yet)
Not bad at all. Especially considering we most likely won't face either of those teams in the playoffs (don't see either of those teams coming out of the West).

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 08:47:42 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
Calm down a minute.

And the C's were without Brown and Williams versus the clippers without BEverly and part of the game for George.  I think Tatum played VERY well on both ends.  I look forward to him getting stronger, more aggressive to the rim, and maybe just a tinge more court aware(more assists) that the greats have.  After that he just needs time to show that his recent consistent play is the new norm and not a blip.  He certainly has been tough and durable.

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2020, 08:54:21 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
Calm down a minute.

And the C's were without Brown and Williams versus the clippers without BEverly and part of the game for George.  I think Tatum played VERY well on both ends.  I look forward to him getting stronger, more aggressive to the rim, and maybe just a tinge more court aware(more assists) that the greats have.  After that he just needs time to show that his recent consistent play is the new norm and not a blip.  He certainly has been tough and durable.

Kanter was hobbled for much of it as well.

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2020, 08:54:35 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I love Tatum, and he outplayed Leonard yesterday.

But seriously? Leonard IMO is still the best player in the entire league and we've seen what a beast he can be in the playoffs. Lets calm down a little.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2020, 09:01:14 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
From ESPN article this morning:

Tatum checked every box in this one. Durability? In a double-overtime game, he played more minutes than anyone on the court. Efficient scoring? He finished the game 14-for-23 from the field, including 5-for-10 from 3-point range. Drawing fouls? He finished the game with 10 free throw attempts, tying his career high (and also showing the one blemish on his performance, as he made only six of them).

And defensively? All Tatum did was hold Clippers star Kawhi Leonard to 3-for-11 shooting when he was guarding him -- including 1-for-7 from the field in the fourth quarter and the two overtime periods, according to Second Spectrum's player tracking data.

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2020, 09:08:45 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
It looks like I missed a fun game and awesome performance by Tatum, so I looked at the box score like I used to as a kid in the late 80's and early 90's. 

Marcus Smart shot 14 3-pointers?  That right there is why I barely watch the NBA anymore. 

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2020, 09:23:23 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
It looks like I missed a fun game and awesome performance by Tatum, so I looked at the box score like I used to as a kid in the late 80's and early 90's. 

Marcus Smart shot 14 3-pointers?  That right there is why I barely watch the NBA anymore.

Its a double overtime game though.

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 09:32:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

you must be thinking late 70's and early 80's because the late 80's and early 90's were dominated by rock-throwing festivals caused by the physical D popularized by the Detroit Bad Boys and Knicks team at that time.

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2020, 09:37:08 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Tatum had a monster game against LAC last time we played them, too.

One thing that's a positive and a negative....he is playing his way onto the all-nba team. He'll be supermax eligible on his extension if he does, no?

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Better than Leonard is quite a stretch. Leonard is one of the top 5 players in the league.

Tatum has great potential and maybe one day will be in the same ballpark as Leonard, but certainly not yet.

Plus, got to hit those free throws in overtime, and go to the rim on that last play in the first OT.
A step back 3? Jeez!