Author Topic: Gordon Hayward "Unfinished Business"  (Read 1527 times)

Gordon Hayward "Unfinished Business"
« on: February 13, 2020, 11:10:14 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
What great title for what Hayward and Brad have. I had Rollie  Masimino and  will never forget him and how close we came to winning Tech Tourney. Spoke to him 45 yrs later I was still "the skinny kid that was all over the court." And he was still my" Coach".

Brad and Gordon had two shots at Title. The phrase "The Butler Way" at its core is complete commitment and exalts teamwork over self.
I have watched Gordon and he epitomizes Butler basketball to this day.
You couldn't find a better fit than Gordon
 i'll never forget Rollie looking at me said" the boy that is never criticized is the one to worry" He pushed us ,he would push me and when my parents had to move he was going to have me live with him. They stayed.
He later did that for Ronnie Lee who made it to the pros.

I didn't know it but yesterday Bobby Knight returned to Indiana a shell of his former self there were tears everywhere and his son said he could finally wear his Indiana colors again.
At one of Rollies camps I had him as a coach and instructor I think he coached Army then.

So when Hayward mentioned unfinished business he meant it for Brad also.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 05:29:41 PM by rollie mass »

Re: Gordon Hayward "Unfinished Business"
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 12:56:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I really hope we can keep Gordon somehow after this season...

He simply makes us a better team.

Re: Gordon Hayward "Unfinished Business"
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 04:14:10 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
The thing about Gordon that makes him such an important part of our team is that, like Kemba, he is willing to subordinate his own numbers for the good of the team. There’s not many All Star caliber players who are willing to be unselfish and take supporting roles to kids like Tatum or Brown who are trying to grow and ultimately get paid.  Remember he came here as the second scorer behind IT but because of the emergence of Tatum and Brown Brad is asking him to take on the role of a role player.

By doing so he invites criticism from people who just look at box scores or stats (“but he’s a max player he should be scoring 25 a game”). But I’m sure those who play with Gordon recognize the value he adds.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D