Author Topic: Upcoming stretch  (Read 6528 times)

Re: Upcoming stretch
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 11:52:59 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Brad has shown willingness to tighten the rotation when healthy against the tougher matchups. Interesting to see if that carries through on some of these.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 01:48:47 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Brad has shown willingness to tighten the rotation when healthy against the tougher matchups. Interesting to see if that carries through on some of these.

Bolded is pretty huge

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 02:18:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
1-0 so far!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 02:24:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
next game might be on of the top 10 difficult games to win .

i m already looking forward to us replaying Raps, Clippers , Rockets  With a healthy lineup that includes Robert Will

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2020, 09:09:15 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
2-1 so far!

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 09:12:33 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
The one game that really sucks is against Utah. Have to travel to the second half of a back to back and play at altitude. If we win that one... I’ll be really impressed. Looks like a schedule loss.

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 09:46:39 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
The one game that really sucks is against Utah. Have to travel to the second half of a back to back and play at altitude. If we win that one... I’ll be really impressed. Looks like a schedule loss.

The 4 games right after the Break will be the toughest of the entire stretch. The goal there is probably to go 2-2. But yeah, Utah feels like a scheduled loss. Makes it more important we beat Minnesota and then one of LAL/POR (preferably Lakers lol)

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2020, 08:25:50 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Looking good, 5-2 so far!

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2020, 10:01:14 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Booya! And crushing them late, the opposite of running out of steam. God bless 21-23 year old legs! And whatever general dysfunction Utah's got going on!

5-2 in the front half but the back half's no picnic either. Still we look very good to go over .500 which is great for such a brutal run of games.

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2020, 02:17:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Next 7 games is HOU, BKN, @CLE, Utah, OKC, @IND, @MIL

Honestly, I could easily see 5-2 in this stretch too. We already beat some of these teams on the road recently (Utah, OKC), and that Cleveland game should be an easy win (unless we decide to rest everyone I guess). Brooklyn is without Kyrie + KD and IND is reeling.

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2020, 02:52:20 PM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Honestly, I could easily see 5-2 in this stretch too. We already beat some of these teams on the road recently (Utah, OKC), and that Cleveland game should be an easy win (unless we decide to rest everyone I guess). Brooklyn is without Kyrie + KD and IND is reeling.
I actually think the Cleveland game has "trap" written all over it given that it is the only gimme win (I guess you can also argue Brooklyn) smack dab in the middle of a brutal stretch.

Indiana is also very resilient, plus that game will be on the road. It won't be easy.

We'll probably go something like 3-1 in the home games against Houston, Brooklyn, Utah and OKC and then go either 2-1 or 1-2 in our road games.

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2020, 02:59:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I actually think the Cleveland game has "trap" written all over it given that it is the only gimme win (I guess you can also argue Brooklyn) smack dab in the middle of a brutal stretch.

Indiana is also very resilient, plus that game will be on the road. It won't be easy.

We'll probably go something like 3-1 in the home games against Houston, Brooklyn, Utah and OKC and then go either 2-1 or 1-2 in our road games.

I don't know the Cavs are really not that good, if we lose, I'll be super upset... The fact the 76ers lost to the Cavs, (108-94, yeesh) speaks volumes of how bad they have become, along with the Jazz who are slightly imploding right now.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2020, 03:55:20 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Celtics and Tatum been too hot, but think they get swept by Houston this Saturday. Refs will blow their whistles if one breathes on James Harden.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2020, 05:52:37 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Celtics and Tatum been too hot, but think they get swept by Houston this Saturday. Refs will blow their whistles if one breathes on James Harden.
The only reason the C’s may lose is because it’s the first home game after a road trip, which the players say is a tough one.  Otherwise, this team is too hot to handle right now, esp JT.  What’s more, Cs match up well size-wise with the new-look Bottle Rockets.  Lastly, this game is my annual get-together with college buddies.  We were gonig to go to the game but decide to save money and do BBQ & wide-screen instead.   ;)

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2020, 06:02:15 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Confidence of this team is through the charts.  Love watching them.

Tatum's ascension has made such a difference. Wow. I did not see this coming, not this quickly.