Author Topic: Celtics (37-22) at Raptors (44-17) Game #61 2/26/19  (Read 35367 times)

Re: Celtics (37-22) at Raptors (44-17) Game #61 2/26/19
« Reply #510 on: February 26, 2019, 11:07:05 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
blow it up, danny.

So...how many times is Ainge going to blow it up?

He blew it up in 2013 when he dealt Pierce and KG.

He blew it up in 2017 when he dealt Isaiah and Crowder for Kyrie and Bradley for Morris (not that I minded either trade.)

Are we going to have a new Celtics roster every 2 seasons?

2019 he will blow it up and get Anthony Davis.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #511 on: February 26, 2019, 11:10:12 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
-I think the Anthony Davis drama this year has affected the Celtics as much as the Lakers. If you're a player and feel like you're going to be on the trade block, it hurts your morale.

-Execution is awful. The team missed a bunch of open shots. How do you call yourself a professional basketball team and miss shots like that? Which means they're probably not practicing enough, which means laziness.

-They're not fundamentally sound. Look at how discombobulated the offense is. Players having to leap to catch passes.

-Defense is the sh**s. Another sign of laziness. Defense is all about hustle and effort.

-Also, not for nothing, but we were up 32-30 at the end of the 1st quarter with the starters putting in a solid effort. From the 2nd quarter on, we got our assess handed to us on a silver platter starting when the bench came in.

-Finally, this team got overconfident. We've had players say "I think we're going to win 5-6 championships" to "we're going to win the finals" to "we can beat anyone in a 7 game series because I am here." They're not nearly as good as they think and thus are paying the price. Lack of discipline.
watched on tape delay.  can't disagree with much of what you said.

essentially, we stunk badly.  top to bottom.  this roster has no backbone nor pride in themselves as a team.  even the greatest team lay an occasional egg in the regular season but the true winners come out and prove they're better than they showed in the prior game.  that's not this roster.

not sure at this point if trading for AD will really put this team over the top.  just too dysfunctional.

having said that, I hope Kawhi resigns in Toronto.  as a fan of good basketball, they're a really good team that made a bold move to get Kawhi to become a great team.  I hope for their sake they're able to enjoy the fruits of their labor for a few seasons.

« Reply #512 on: February 26, 2019, 11:15:36 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
blow it up, danny.

Trade Kyrie to NOP for Jrue Holiday and their #1???

Trade Marcus Smart to Sacremento for Buddy Hield????

Trade Jayson and Jaylen to Detroit for Blake Griffen????

Fire Brad Stevens and trade Terry Rozier to the Clippers for Doc Rivers????

Ship Gordon Hayward back to Utah for Jae Crowder????

Lol.

I've got you beat

-Hayward and the Kings pick to Cleveland for Kevin Love and their pick
-Smart and Brown to the Suns for Deandre Ayton and TJ Warren.
-Tatum to the Hawks for Trae Young and a potpourri of picks
-Horford for Andrew Wiggins
-Robert Williams and Aaron Baynes and 2 future 1st rounders to Miami for Justice Winslow and Bam Adebayo.

No happy medium, baby!

« Reply #513 on: February 26, 2019, 11:15:53 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
blow it up, danny.

So...how many times is Ainge going to blow it up?

He blew it up in 2013 when he dealt Pierce and KG.

He blew it up in 2017 when he dealt Isaiah and Crowder for Kyrie and Bradley for Morris (not that I minded either trade.)

Are we going to have a new Celtics roster every 2 seasons?

Maybe Ainge needs to focus more on balancing out a roster and providing his team the proper depth instead of just blindly blowing it up.

seems to me you answered your own question.

« Reply #514 on: February 26, 2019, 11:31:27 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
-I think the Anthony Davis drama this year has affected the Celtics as much as the Lakers. If you're a player and feel like you're going to be on the trade block, it hurts your morale.

-Execution is awful. The team missed a bunch of open shots. How do you call yourself a professional basketball team and miss shots like that? Which means they're probably not practicing enough, which means laziness.

-They're not fundamentally sound. Look at how discombobulated the offense is. Players having to leap to catch passes.

-Defense is the sh**s. Another sign of laziness. Defense is all about hustle and effort.

-Also, not for nothing, but we were up 32-30 at the end of the 1st quarter with the starters putting in a solid effort. From the 2nd quarter on, we got our assess handed to us on a silver platter starting when the bench came in.

-Finally, this team got overconfident. We've had players say "I think we're going to win 5-6 championships" to "we're going to win the finals" to "we can beat anyone in a 7 game series because I am here." They're not nearly as good as they think and thus are paying the price. Lack of discipline.
watched on tape delay.  can't disagree with much of what you said.

essentially, we stunk badly.  top to bottom.  this roster has no backbone nor pride in themselves as a team.  even the greatest team lay an occasional egg in the regular season but the true winners come out and prove they're better than they showed in the prior game.  that's not this roster.

not sure at this point if trading for AD will really put this team over the top.  just too dysfunctional.

having said that, I hope Kawhi resigns in Toronto.  as a fan of good basketball, they're a really good team that made a bold move to get Kawhi to become a great team.  I hope for their sake they're able to enjoy the fruits of their labor for a few seasons.

Yeah, Toronto's GM has assembled a very good team. He's made good trades, drafted good players and took a risk trading for Kawhi but it's paying off.

They're not playing him on back to backs to preserve him. Personally, I don't like when you have to handle a player with kid gloves, but it is what it is.

As a result, if Toronto makes the finals, definitely a good chance that Kawhi comes back. Bad news for us but if you're a Toronto fan, you have to be really encouraged.

« Reply #515 on: February 26, 2019, 11:38:46 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
It's great how a #27 pick (Siakam) is looking a lot better than Boston's #3 pick (Tatum).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #516 on: February 26, 2019, 11:43:54 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
It's great how a #27 pick (Siakam) is looking a lot better than Boston's #3 pick (Tatum).

Siakam is gonna be a super star its a fact... He's not American guess what Gianiss isn't either these people the way they were brought up from the gutter appreciate every second of what has been presented to them. They know being in the NBA getting mins being starters... It's a privilege like no other and they work very hard in the summer they don't care about their Instagram pages or nice cars or vacations all they care about is getting better and it shows every game.

« Reply #517 on: February 26, 2019, 11:54:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
blow it up, danny.

Lol.

I've got you beat

-Robert Williams and Aaron Baynes and 2 future 1st rounders to Miami for Justice Winslow and Bam Adebayo.

No happy medium, baby!
Are you trying to make me ill?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #518 on: February 26, 2019, 11:59:53 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
this is the first time in my life that i quit watching the replay midway in the 3rd qtr. No fight in this team.
it is amazing how in the begining of the year we had a top defense and bad offense, in the middle of the season it kind of balanced out, and now, we are playing the worst defense of the brad stevens era, plus our offense tends to dissappear, especially when the bench mob is in(terry rozier).

at this point, i am kind of dissappointed that no trades were made to shake things up, such as moving rozier and or morris.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #519 on: February 27, 2019, 12:19:45 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
blow it up, danny.

Lol.

I've got you beat

No happy medium, baby!

Lol. Am I succeeding?

« Reply #520 on: February 27, 2019, 12:25:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
blow it up, danny.

Lol.

I've got you beat

No happy medium, baby!

Lol. Am I succeeding?
Th thought of Wiggins and Young in Celtics uniforms definitely is.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #521 on: February 27, 2019, 12:40:07 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Siakam is gonna be a super star its a fact... He's not American guess what Gianiss isn't either these people the way they were brought up from the gutter appreciate every second of what has been presented to them. They know being in the NBA getting mins being starters... It's a privilege like no other and they work very hard in the summer they don't care about their Instagram pages or nice cars or vacations all they care about is getting better and it shows every game.

why do you think that foreign players come from worse economic circumstances than American players?

« Reply #522 on: February 27, 2019, 02:56:28 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
So glad I missed this game live...unfortunately I forced myself to sit through my DVR so I could see for myself how putrid they were.  :-\ >:(
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #523 on: February 27, 2019, 03:11:39 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I honestly thought the missed rebound early in the second (when Lowry missed both FT) that Hayward bobbled out of bounds completely changed the tenor of this game. While perhaps one play doesn’t account for this type of drubbing, I think we were playing fairly well until that mishap.

That extra-possession ultimately led to a 3-pointer, which then they followed up with two more, and the run was on and before you know it the 4-point lead we had was a 14-point deficit in just minutes.

I don’t know how a team can lose focus or just get rattled that easily to let a team embarrass them with their best player on the bench.

I now fully expect a loss tomorrow too, these guys just aren’t playing together. They are WAY too talented to keep dropping games like this. And this team points their fingers at everyone when times are bad.

I like the players, I don’t like the personalities. I hope they get their act together when the playoffs roll around, but they are ALL going to need to re-evaluate their demeanor once the ball gets tipped.

I now believe regardless of what happens in the playoffs, even if we win a title, we are going to see pretty significant changes to this roster. And that doesn’t necessarily mean trading everyone under 23 for AD. I can see Kyrie leaving and changing the entire feel of this franchise.

I honestly never expected the lack of heart, cohesion, and comraderie from this team and I am even more surprised Brad doesn’t have a better handle on this mess.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #524 on: February 27, 2019, 05:54:38 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Celtics start to click in this game.

20+ points from Tatum and Hayward.
Horford with 7 assists and 10+boards
30+ and 10+ from Kyrie

Team wins by 15+

Well I was very wrong.

Hayward sucks.

Morris and rozier should have been traded. Major blunder by danny there. In the future people will look back on this deadline amd be like "that was what killed the celtics run"