Author Topic: Courtney Lee makes SI's NBA All-Disappointment Team  (Read 3124 times)

Courtney Lee makes SI's NBA All-Disappointment Team
« on: December 29, 2012, 05:02:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
http://nba.si.com/2012/12/28/deron-williams-andrea-bargnani-nba-disappointment/?hpt=hp_t3# 

I think they are pretty much on target with Lee's problems. Perk is on the 2nd team.

Re: Courtney Lee makes SI's NBA All-Disappointment Team
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:09:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Lee wants to do good...and defense is sometimes excellent on tuff players.

COurtney Lee can't shoot as good as my grandmother... he is a brickster.

He can't hit a bull in the tail. ::)

FOr me , as Celtic fan LEE is a SUPER HUGE ....HUGE I mean monster letdown.  If he could made half of those bricks he's tossed we have another 5 wins at least

I like jeff greens game better.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 05:22:30 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
He's been a disapointment so far but im not ready to give up on him. The Celtics are probably one of the toughest teams to walk on to. Between the locker room dynamics and the pecking order i can see how it could be a minefield for a new player to integrate. I attest this to a lot of lee and Jet's struggles this year. At some point they will feel comfortable and when they do i expect to see a huge change in their output and effectivness.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 05:38:31 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
51% from the field in the last month on 38% from 3-point land with solid defense says otherwise.

People are zeroing in on his very poor and slow start. He's been quite good for us in the last month playing his role.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 05:42:03 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
he's been a disaster considering the excitement about his signing...shouldn't be a surprise..no team he's been on has wanted him back...he had a good rookie year as far as playing for a contender and has developed bad habits on crap teams since...he's been soft on both sides of the ball and we were all dying to love this kid now he's among the less likable players on the team.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410
51% from the field in the last month on 38% from 3-point land with solid defense says otherwise.

People are zeroing in on his very poor and slow start. He's been quite good for us in the last month playing his role.

Agreed. I want to see more of Courtney Lee. Not less.

The man has been playing well for Boston.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 05:43:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

47% from the field, career high... I don't know what people are seeing.

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, he had a terrible November, and a very solid December.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 06:57:59 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Yeah, he had a terrible November, and a very solid December.
He's been one of our better players recently hasnt he?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 07:41:18 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
he's been a disaster considering the excitement about his signing...shouldn't be a surprise..no team he's been on has wanted him back...he had a good rookie year as far as playing for a contender and has developed bad habits on crap teams since...he's been soft on both sides of the ball and we were all dying to love this kid now he's among the less likable players on the team.

Might be the worst post I've ever read on CB, mostly because its just so ill-informed. "No team he was on wanted him back?" Where did you get that information? All of his NBA coaches have had nothing but good things to say about him. Is it his fault he was on really badly managed teams? ORL made a HUGE mistake breaking up that team that went to the finals. I'm not even going to comment on the cesspool that had been NJ Nets basketball during their final 5 yrs in NJ. Houston was the only team with any semblance of management and the only reason they withdrew the qualifying offer they originally extended to Courtney is because they were trying to free up cap to take back one of ORL's other bad contracts in a D12 trade.

As far as him not being "likable", please speak for yourself only. He's a hardworker, a team player, and a guy who has taken responsibility for his own rough start instead of blaming it on the "system" like some superstars do. He's also been one of our better defensive players all season - despite his offensive struggles. Not sure where the "soft" label is coming from. If he's soft, than Jason Terry must be wet tissue paper.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 08:04:41 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213

Lee's shooting has come around in December, but he  just isn't busy enough out there, on a team desperate for scoring, he's not even bagging 8 ppg in almost 25 minutes a night.

The other thing that drives me crazy about Lee is that he seems to miss every wide open shot.  In the "Ray Allen" role, Lee needs to hit the open three.  He's only 6-21 with corner threes this year,a shot that he hit last year at a top level. 

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 08:20:58 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The thing that bugs me about him are all the stupid turnovers such as stepping out of bounds.  But if he starts hitting 3's at his career rate we will all feel better about him.

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 08:24:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Lee's shooting has come around in December, but he  just isn't busy enough out there, on a team desperate for scoring, he's not even bagging 8 ppg in almost 25 minutes a night.

The other thing that drives me crazy about Lee is that he seems to miss every wide open shot.  In the "Ray Allen" role, Lee needs to hit the open three.  He's only 6-21 with corner threes this year,a shot that he hit last year at a top level.

Not being busy is a direct consequence of a PG dominated system and poor use by Doc. Almost none of our players have any real role in our offense. Rondo dominates the ball and either passes it to Pierce or KG, or to Bass on penetration. Otherwise, he rarely looks to our wings to generate offense, or at least to move the ball.

I agree about the open 3s, would like to see him hit those with better frequency. But he's been improving from where he started by a good margin.

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 08:26:33 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
The thing that bugs me about him are all the stupid turnovers such as stepping out of bounds.  But if he starts hitting 3's at his career rate we will all feel better about him.

Ah yes, those TO's are annoying. That said, in December he's had only 2 games where he had more than 1 turnover (including a game where he played 39 minutes), and he had 3 games with just 1 turnover, and 7 games with 0 turnovers.

I don't know, but I'm not going to lose sleep from a dumb TO here and there.

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Might be the worst post I've ever read on CB, mostly because its just so ill-informed. "No team he was on wanted him back?" Where did you get that information? All of his NBA coaches have had nothing but good things to say about him. Is it his fault he was on really badly managed teams? ORL made a HUGE mistake breaking up that team that went to the finals. I'm not even going to comment on the cesspool that had been NJ Nets basketball during their final 5 yrs in NJ. Houston was the only team with any semblance of management and the only reason they withdrew the qualifying offer they originally extended to Courtney is because they were trying to free up cap to take back one of ORL's other bad contracts in a D12 trade.

As far as him not being "likable", please speak for yourself only. He's a hardworker, a team player, and a guy who has taken responsibility for his own rough start instead of blaming it on the "system" like some superstars do. He's also been one of our better defensive players all season - despite his offensive struggles. Not sure where the "soft" label is coming from. If he's soft, than Jason Terry must be wet tissue paper.
TP agreed
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk