Author Topic: Blazers need to trade McCollom  (Read 5357 times)

Re: Blazers need to trade McCollom
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2018, 07:06:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Can we please get back on subject and not turn this into yet another Cleveland/Lebron thread. Thank you

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 07:38:35 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If you're a team with a top 10 pick, would you trade for CJ?

Also, if you'r Portland, would you trade CJ for, say, a pick in the 5-10 range?

CJ has always been an impressive scorer, but his FTA per game worry me, and the fact that he's so terrible at his FG %. His 3pt is 40.8%, but top 10 pick? Hmm... In this draft, I don't know..

I would rather take Mikal Bridges, who I believe will become the next best thing along with Doncic, Bagley, and Ayton.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2018, 09:13:18 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Their team has peaked and won't get better.  Lillard is beloved in Portland, so I don't think they trade him, but McCollum has a ton of value and they can use him to shed more long term salary and get out from tax hell (and still be able to retain Nurkic). 

So the teams that make the most sense to me are the Lakers (trade centered around Ingram and cap space), Sixers (Fultz, Covington, Bayless as main pieces), and Wolves (Wiggins and a couple of 1st's plus ability to take on at least Turner).  Cavs probably don't have enough even with BKN and their ability to take all of the Blazers bad contracts (Turner, Harkless, Leonard) as they would have to give back at least 1 bad contract.  Spurs don't have enough young pieces though he would be a great fit there.  He would be a good fit in NY, but again they don't have enough salary, though Frank N and their 1st this year is a good talent start.  Any one else make any realistic sense.   

I guess you're not the only one who thinks so.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/4/20/17262290/portland-trail-blazers-damian-lillard-cj-mccollum-trade

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2018, 12:40:17 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Their team has peaked and won't get better.  Lillard is beloved in Portland, so I don't think they trade him, but McCollum has a ton of value and they can use him to shed more long term salary and get out from tax hell (and still be able to retain Nurkic). 

So the teams that make the most sense to me are the Lakers (trade centered around Ingram and cap space), Sixers (Fultz, Covington, Bayless as main pieces), and Wolves (Wiggins and a couple of 1st's plus ability to take on at least Turner).  Cavs probably don't have enough even with BKN and their ability to take all of the Blazers bad contracts (Turner, Harkless, Leonard) as they would have to give back at least 1 bad contract.  Spurs don't have enough young pieces though he would be a great fit there.  He would be a good fit in NY, but again they don't have enough salary, though Frank N and their 1st this year is a good talent start.  Any one else make any realistic sense.   

I guess you're not the only one who thinks so.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/4/20/17262290/portland-trail-blazers-damian-lillard-cj-mccollum-trade
Loved this part from the article discussing the Portland defense

Lillard and McCollum both still offer the resistance of a wet tissue.

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
The Wizards of the West

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2018, 12:57:53 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
The Wizards of the West

Eh, teams don't want to play the Wizards in the playoffs. There's the chance they could get their act together at some point.

Nobody is afraid of Portland.

I like seeing them in the regular season, if you lose against them it's because you didn't play well, not because you got beat. They just don't have a high ceiling.

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2018, 08:19:30 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
...and his team just got swept  :o

Ouch.