Poll

Does anyone still think jeff green can become a decent player?

Yes
40 (60.6%)
No
26 (39.4%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Does anyone still think jeff green can become a decent player?  (Read 20956 times)

Re: Does anyone still think jeff green can become a decent player?
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2013, 11:19:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I 'd trade Green for Pau Gasol....Green would make an excellent Laker.   Gasol would fit nice on the Celtics.

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2013, 11:31:13 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I look at the acquisition of Jeff Green in two parts...I dont think we'll see his true value until the playoffs/in the future.

1. we have Kevin Garnett for the next 3 years..meaning likely we go with Pierce for those as well unless he retires. surely Pierce is going to need his minutes scaled back. and that requires a solid backup.

2. for the Knicks/Miami's who love to play small-ball with Melo/Lebron at the 4. it was clear last year that Pietrus wasnt cutting it...if he can improve as a defender(and it seems he has). you can stick him on Melo/Lebron..which means Pierce can focus more energy on offense(and Green provides more offense than a pietrus)

either way, we are in "Win-now" mode so I dont see the big deal about green's contract. and I would think if we want to Ainge could trade him...a 26Y/o SF who can average 15ppg given starting minutes? theres teams who will want that.

Green was huge for me in 2k12 guarding Lebron in the playoffs.  ;D

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2013, 11:59:31 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I voted no b/c I don't think you mean "decent", he already is... if I think he still can become better than he has shown in his career, no. I did before the season but that was the Kool-Aid I was drinking. I still like Green but now I just give up my fantasy of him being huge for us... I'm not even going to waste my time talking about his bad play in chat after tonight (hopefully I will remember but I hate when people look like they don't care what's going on out there so I may slip up lol)! I'm not going to get too excited for his good games and not too down with his indifferent ones. It's my own fault for getting so excited about the possibility of a really good player in Green... I don't blame Green for fooling me, he didn't... but I do blame him for his effort. I just don't see how he can play so bad when EVERYONE else feeds off of AB and steps their games up... Green has been the only oddball in these last 2 games. The only reason Green gets minutes at all is b/c of probably his contract and b/c Doc HAS to rest PP and Green is the only option b/c I think if there was someone like Pietrus on the team Green would be stuck in the doghouse... look how AB was stuck on the bench when Doc had other options.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2013, 01:18:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He needs to be traded. I would take back a bad contract or two to entice teams to grab him.

How do you feel about taking back John Salmons or Tyrus Thomas?

Not sure on either based on a few things

1. Salmons is a much more consistent player. But he is also 33, going onto 34 years of age. And has three more years left at around 7-8 million a year

2. Tyrus Thomas is riding the scal spot of the bench right now. He has a bad attitude/suspect work ethic, but tremendous raw skills, athleticism. He comes off as a guy , after his 3 years remaining at 8-9 millions, to quit the nba and enjoy/move on with his life. The heart and passion is not there. Now if he is in a different environment, and kg is screaming down his throat , maybe he will actually try.

Green lacks confidence, but he doesn't have an attitude issue and is still young enough. Its a tough call if i would make a trade for either of these guys bc of the reasons above.   

« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2013, 03:43:48 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Green is decent....average, but not more.   I had hopes for him this year, but they didn't pan out - what we see is what we will get.

Nonetheless, he does have a role - backup Pierce.  We've been lucky that Paul has played every game, and averaged 34 mins or so, at the tender age of 35.  I don't think we'll be that lucky over the remainder of the year, and if/when Paul misses time, we'll really need Jeff to step up.  I also like the lineup of having both Pierce and Green in at the same time, playing 2/3.   Green can keep up with opposing 2s if Paul can't, or take the quicker 3s. 

I've stopped wishing for more....Green is who he is....