Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 92530 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #510 on: March 16, 2024, 01:22:58 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #511 on: March 17, 2024, 09:38:33 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Update on Sam Hauser’s injury:

The Celtics lost Sam Hauser to a sprained ankle during a historic shooting night in their win over the Wizards on Sunday night. After the victory, Joe Mazzulla told reporters in Washington that the sharpshooting wing would get further testing on his sprained ankle.

“I know he was doing like a just an X-ray after the game,” Mazzulla told reporters via NBC Sports Boston. “So we’ll find out, precautionary X-ray was what they said.”
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #512 on: March 18, 2024, 08:25:15 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Good to hear..

@AdamHimmelsbach
Follow
Hauser wasn't in the locker room when it was opened to reporters after the game but Tatum said "he seemed to be doing fine."
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #513 on: March 18, 2024, 09:53:59 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
According to a league source, X-rays on Celtics forward Sam Hauser’s left ankle were negative and he avoided serious injury when he stepped on the foot of a Wizards player early in the third quarter of Boston’s 130-104 win over the Wizards on Sunday night.

Hauser’s status for Monday’s game against the Pistons is unclear, but he is not expected to be sidelined for an extended period.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/03/18/sports/sam-hauser-celtics/
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #514 on: March 18, 2024, 10:47:31 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
With a win tonight and a Knicks loss at the Warriors, the Celtics would clinch the Division as well as the 4th seed.

« Reply #515 on: March 18, 2024, 10:50:23 AM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
With a win tonight and a Knicks loss at the Warriors, the Celtics would clinch the Division as well as the 4th seed.

I could be wrong but I think they have a legitimate chance (in theory) to clinch the best record in the east before any other team (in the east) clinches a playoff berth.

« Reply #516 on: March 18, 2024, 10:53:31 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

I could be wrong but I think they have a legitimate chance (in theory) to clinch the best record in the east before any other team (in the east) clinches a playoff berth.

Certainly they do.  If they win their next 5 games (vs. DET, vs. MIL, @DET, @CHI, @ATL) they will clinch the East, even if Milwaukee wins its games (aside from against the Celtics).  Milwaukee can’t clinch a playoff berth in that time.  They would also clinch the East before anyone in the West clinched a playoff berth in that scenario.

« Reply #517 on: March 18, 2024, 11:01:28 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
According to a league source, X-rays on Celtics forward Sam Hauser’s left ankle were negative and he avoided serious injury when he stepped on the foot of a Wizards player early in the third quarter of Boston’s 130-104 win over the Wizards on Sunday night.

Hauser’s status for Monday’s game against the Pistons is unclear, but he is not expected to be sidelined for an extended period.

Good to see this.  We need him. 

« Reply #518 on: March 18, 2024, 12:06:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

Good to see this.  We need him.

This is good news. Sam was cooking last night.

« Reply #519 on: March 19, 2024, 09:00:40 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
Brian Robb, masslive.com

Jrue Holiday (AC joint sprain), Jaylen Brown (ankle sprain) and Sam Hauser (ankle sprain) are all questionable for Wednesday's contest at TD Garden. The Celtics will have Jayson Tatum (ankle) and Al Horford (toe) back in the lineup after the duo missed Monday’s win over the Pistons. The good news on this report involves Hauser already being upgraded to questionable after suffering what looked like a nasty ankle sprain on Sunday night in Washington.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #520 on: March 19, 2024, 09:24:41 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Brian Robb, masslive.com

Jrue Holiday (AC joint sprain), Jaylen Brown (ankle sprain) and Sam Hauser (ankle sprain) are all questionable for Wednesday's contest at TD Garden. The Celtics will have Jayson Tatum (ankle) and Al Horford (toe) back in the lineup after the duo missed Monday’s win over the Pistons. The good news on this report involves Hauser already being upgraded to questionable after suffering what looked like a nasty ankle sprain on Sunday night in Washington.

Good news on the Hauser front. TP for the update.

« Reply #521 on: March 19, 2024, 09:26:58 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
That’s excellent news on Hauser. I’d be fine with JB and Jrue sitting. Let PP cook.

« Reply #522 on: March 20, 2024, 12:03:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
More than $100,000 in cash, luxury watches and a safe were reportedly stolen from the San Fernando Valley home of Basketball Hall of Famer Paul Pierce last week.

The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to The Times on Tuesday that officers responded to a burglary around 9 a.m. Friday on the Woodland Hills block where Pierce lives. "Unknown items" were stolen, according to the LAPD, and no arrests have been made.

TMZ first reported that Pierce's house had been burglarized on Friday while the 10-time NBA All-Star was not home.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #523 on: March 20, 2024, 07:42:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Joe Mazzulla said today on 98.5 that he's been told to stop attempting to block player shots into timeouts: "I've been told I can't do that anymore. I can't say (by who) ... all I can say is that we won't be doing it anymore."

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #524 on: March 20, 2024, 08:22:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Joe Mazzulla said today on 98.5 that he's been told to stop attempting to block player shots into timeouts: "I've been told I can't do that anymore. I can't say (by who) ... all I can say is that we won't be doing it anymore."

Wow Roy you must have a ton of pull if you got to him

:laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller