Author Topic: Al Looked Spry Against the Bucks  (Read 1238 times)

Al Looked Spry Against the Bucks
« on: February 22, 2019, 11:58:56 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
A little rest has done him good. And maybe there's been some veteran pacing of his season and now he's letting loose?

21-17 and 3 blocks and he was moving really well. He didn't have a good night from the floor but I think, come playoff time, he's going to be able to roast Brooke Lopez.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Al Looked Spry Against the Bucks
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 12:07:13 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Not worried about the Bucks in the playoffs. Only team that can knock us off is Toronto.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 12:13:42 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
He's been drinking his restorative chocolate milk!

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 12:33:17 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I think he activated that playoff push mode that Lebron did.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 12:34:44 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Not worried about the Bucks in the playoffs. Only team that can knock us off is Toronto.

I actually think the Bucks are a bigger problem in the playoffs. But I think the Celtics can beat any of the teams they need to if they play the right way.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 12:35:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Al was really up for this game. Very engaged on both ends of the court. Some awkward shots and just some unlucky misses but I really liked what I saw.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 12:38:26 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Al Horford has been great since his return from injury at December 23rd.

In those 27 games Horford has been averaging 13/8/5/1/1 on (55/40/92)-shooting in just 28 MPG.

There's no player in the league that beats him in all those categories, although Towns is similarly efficient on much higher volume. Towns is a sick player.

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 02:28:04 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

In those 27 games Horford has been averaging 13/8/5/1/1 on (55/40/92)-shooting in just 28 MPG.

There's no player in the league that beats him in all those categories, although Towns is similarly efficient on much higher volume. Towns is a sick player.

TP.  I was going to mention something similar. Prior to this you was looking like he was aging.

I’ll also mention after the 2 LA losses Stevens made a subtle change in the rotations.  He had brought Horford and Smart out of the first quarter around the 6 minute mark, and brought them back in later on to play more in the second unit.  It’s teally helped stabilize the defense in the second unit IMO.

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 02:37:35 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

TP.  I was going to mention something similar. Prior to this you was looking like he was aging.

I’ll also mention after the 2 LA losses Stevens made a subtle change in the rotations.  He had brought Horford and Smart out of the first quarter around the 6 minute mark, and brought them back in later on to play more in the second unit.  It’s teally helped stabilize the defense in the second unit IMO.

All of this, plus he was just great on defense last night. This version of Al does so much for the team. Got to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

I was seriously disappointed with the L last night, but we were missing Hayward and Baynes, and Kyrie had a really bad game. We still just barely lost on the road - even with what looks like a clear blown call on that foul involving Morris. No moral victories and all that, but we are still clearly in the hunt. 

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 02:50:14 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

I actually think the Bucks are a bigger problem in the playoffs. But I think the Celtics can beat any of the teams they need to if they play the right way.

Remember when Rozier made Bledsoe look like Drew Bledsoe? Yeah, he's our backup this year. Also, when was the last time Lopez was relevant? They're weak at G and C. I have no doubt that we'll fly through them this time around. I think that it will even be a sweep.

Toronto is stacked everywhere. I can see us having a lot of trouble vs them.

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 02:56:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Remember when Rozier made Bledsoe look like Drew Bledsoe? Yeah, he's our backup this year. Also, when was the last time Lopez was relevant? They're weak at G and C. I have no doubt that we'll fly through them this time around. I think that it will even be a sweep.

Midseason upgrade they look good. We'll have to see how tough the Raptors are now. I still think we can beat Toronto in a 7-game series anywhere when healthy.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 03:14:38 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Horford is the defacto leader of this team. When the ball and offense is run through him I feel a sense that everything will be ok. He settles everyone down and makes the right plays.

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 04:00:29 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Bledsoe has looked a lot better this season.

And I think Horford can play Lopez out of the game but the Bucks have this potential finishing lineup with Giannis and Mirotiz as their bigs that could be murder. I guess Mirotiz is a pretty poor defender so maybe he can be attacked (by Horford, Morris, Hayward, or whoever... man this Celtic team is stacked) and I shouldn't worry. But that's what I worry about.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008