Author Topic: Lebron is the worst GM  (Read 3122 times)

Lebron is the worst GM
« on: February 09, 2022, 08:26:34 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I bet you the Lakers wouldn't mind having the 41ppg and 20 Rpg that Kuzma, Harwell, and KCP are avg for the wizards. 

That trade was so typical for Lebron.  Westbrook is one of the worst contracts in the league.  I could only think of one team that MIGHT take him on. It's a funny idea.

Westbrook to the 76ers for Tobias Harris.  Then ol buddy Harden for Simmons and Ish Smith

Re: Lebron is the worst GM
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 08:28:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

I bet you the Lakers wouldn't mind having the 41ppg and 20 Rpg that Kuzma, Harwell, and KCP are avg for the wizards. 

That trade was so typical for Lebron.  Westbrook is one of the worst contracts in the league.  I could only think of one team that MIGHT take him on. It's a funny idea.

Westbrook to the 76ers for Tobias Harris.  Then ol buddy Harden for Simmons and Ish Smith

Am I miss remembering but wasn't KCP instrumental in their LOckout championship?

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 08:32:27 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
There's an actual tweet out there saying that the Lakers would consider a Westbrook-Wall swap if Lebron signs off on it. Like, who is the actual GM of the Lakers?? Why are they wasting money at that position when Lebron's the GM anyways  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 08:34:27 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

The Sixers aren't taking Westbrook.  Embiid and Westbrook don't like each other. 

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 08:34:29 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
There's an actual tweet out there saying that the Lakers would consider a Westbrook-Wall swap if Lebron signs off on it. Like, who is the actual GM of the Lakers?? Why are they wasting money at that position when Lebron's the GM anyways  :P

Silly Lebron. 40 million $ washed up PGs are for kids.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 09:01:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
He always hasbeen...

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 09:04:14 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
One of the biggest fallacies when it comes to Lebron’s career is that it’s somehow more impressive that he’s won championships with three different teams, rather than, say, Russell or Jordan who won them with the same team.

In reality, what he’s simply done is strong-arm every organization he’s played for (including Cleveland twice) into putting all their chips on the table in a bid to win during the short window he’s on the team. (Usually the players picked lean heavily to Klutch Sports clients, of course.) Then, when the cupboard is bare in terms of assets, the earth fully scorched, and the bills come due, he just goes on to the next fertile ground. He doesn’t build anything. He consumes. He is the equivalent of a basketball nomad with no regard for how he leaves the land after he’s passed through. He will do the same with LA, if given another opportunity.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2022, 09:05:34 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Is he worse than Jordan?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2022, 09:14:48 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
Is he worse than Jordan?

I hope this is a comment about Jordan’s career as an executive and owner, because during his playing career with the Bulls he had little to no power when it came to personnel. It’s one of the reasons they were able to maintain a long-term vision and achieve excellence over the years. Otherwise perhaps Jordan would have forced the Bulls to trade a young Scottie Pippen for some older veteran, then just leave to play with the Pistons or something after it didn’t work out.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2022, 09:17:00 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Yea what a pariah

Awesome on the court. The Cavs upsetting the Dubs is amazing.

But some part of me looks forward to his retirement because of what a giant Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. he is off the court.

I guess the Cavs series wouldn't have worked had Lebron not been able to handpick these decrepit old dudes like Channing Frye (if I remember correctly). Was like Sparta out there.

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2022, 09:17:14 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
One of the biggest fallacies when it comes to Lebron’s career is that it’s somehow more impressive that he’s won championships with three different teams, rather than, say, Russell or Jordan who won them with the same team.

In reality, what he’s simply done is strong-arm every organization he’s played for (including Cleveland twice) into putting all their chips on the table in a bid to win during the short window he’s on the team. (Usually the players picked lean heavily to Klutch Sports clients, of course.) Then, when the cupboard is bare in terms of assets, the earth fully scorched, and the bills come due, he just goes on to the next fertile ground. He doesn’t build anything. He consumes. He is the equivalent of a basketball nomad with no regard for how he leaves the land after he’s passed through. He will do the same with LA, if given another opportunity.

on point, well said, TP

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2022, 09:19:59 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
Sorry to get off topic but someone please start a serious conversation about performance enhancing substances in sports when a 37 year old is putting up the highest PPG since his early 20s — in a year when scoring is down across the league — and has somehow doubled his muscle mass in the past decade.

It’s probably clear by now I’m not fond of LeBron.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2022, 09:20:46 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
Deleted

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2022, 09:44:40 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
Is he worse than Jordan?

I hope this is a comment about Jordan’s career as an executive and owner, because during his playing career with the Bulls he had little to no power when it came to personnel. It’s one of the reasons they were able to maintain a long-term vision and achieve excellence over the years. Otherwise perhaps Jordan would have forced the Bulls to trade a young Scottie Pippen for some older veteran, then just leave to play with the Pistons or something after it didn’t work out.
It was, yes. Spot on.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2022, 10:41:51 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

on point, well said, TP

Agreed, TP.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07