Author Topic: terrible signing for Celtics = Horford  (Read 4861 times)

Re: One of the worst signings in history = Horford
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2016, 08:30:20 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I wasn't a big fan of Horford on Atlanta and I thought he wasn't very good in the playoffs BUT I think this could be one of the BEST free agent signings ever with the type of game he plays and he plays both sides of the ball and has a great motor and seems to be a great chemistry guy. I think NOW he is a perfect fit to this team and this system.

Re: terrible signing for Celtics = Horford
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2016, 08:31:02 PM »

Offline Croc Hunter

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
I cannot believe it

Last year I was laughing at how trash he was and now we sign him

unbelievable.. he is one of my most hated players. When he makes shots I am baffled at how they go in, sort of like how I used to laugh at Josh Smith's shots when he was being loved by every fan and gm in the league. Absolutely disgusting.

It's my opinion that your knowledge of basketball would fit on a pinhead at least 5 times.

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2016, 08:31:31 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
i assume you have a limited perspective of the game of basketball, then.

I am usually right.

Im not the one who wants to sign Stemsa to a NBA deal like the majority wanted.

It's hilarious how one game = everything to some people.

All I know is Horford not only isn't that good of a player, but he will not make this team better. He might make it worse.
Ironically, if you are referring to Greg Stiemsma then you are not right in your spelling. It is hard to take your posts seriously.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2016, 08:32:11 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Clearly a troll topic.

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2016, 08:32:28 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I take it back , I tried to make it seem like i totally hated this signing which I do

I overexaggerated purposely just to make it known how awful i think this signing is

obviously guys like Solomon Hill who got signed for 54 million are just one of the few horrific signings

but im just saying, Horford is one of the most annoying players ever. He is not good at all, and I feel a heavy decline almost immediately.

It's too bad you arent in charge of all star selections, he never should have made 4 all star games  ::)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2016, 08:32:30 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72

I am usually right.

All I know is Horford not only isn't that good of a player, but he will not make this team better. He might make it worse.
Ironically, if you are referring to Greg Stiemsma then you are not right in your spelling. It is hard to take your posts seriously.

im sorry my spelling has sidetracked you.

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 08:37:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

I am usually right.

No, I am right on target and focused. You are a sad poster who boasts about being right and then make yourself look foolish by not even checking the spelling of a name you invoke.

See? I am not sidetracked in the least. ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2016, 08:42:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Herbert: Outside of Kevin Durant, Al Horford is the best player to change teams. This was an enormous move for Boston, a team that has been steadily improving while waiting to make a big splash or two. This is a big splash. Horford makes the Celtics an even better defensive team, and they desperately needed another scorer like him. This acquisition positions them as a more attractive destination as they try to lure other players, too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2016-nba-free-agency-best-deals-biggest-surprises-and-most-baffling-moves/

5. Al Horford

4 years, $113 million with the Celtics

Horford just turned 30, but he doesn't have tons of mileage due to a longer college career and some injuries in the pros. He's a defensive maestro and a really solid offensive player that doesn't dominate in the lane but makes everything easier for his teammates nonetheless. He's Tim Duncan light. (Like, really light, but still.)

I'm convinced Miami will make a play for Horford if Durant doesn't make the jump. The Warriors, Blazers, Spurs and Mavericks figure to be in the mix. Phoenix would be an intriguing destination if not for Tyson Chandler’s presence. The Wizards should be pounding down Horford’s door.

Horford seems perfectly comfortable winning lots of games in Atlanta, but to be honest, the long-term viability of the roster is a question mark. Paul Millsap and Kyle Korver are in their 30s, Jeff Teague is gone and his ascending heir Dennis Schroeder is still batting to win Mike Budenholzer's trust. Few lawns are greener than what Horford has in Atlanta, but wanderlust is natural, especially considering this will likely be Horford's last massive contract.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/6/28/12029662/nba-free-agents-list-ranking-rumors-2016-kevin-durant

To the OP I  would not quit your day job and become a GM or a diplomat.

Careful he is usually right, LOL.   I was thinking the same thing.

I am usually right.
  Is it hard fitting your head between doors?

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2016, 08:44:35 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

I am usually right.

No, I am right on target and focused. You are a sad poster who boasts about being right and then make yourself look foolish by not even checking the spelling of a name you invoke.

Word of  advice, my man h-jini is pretty [dang] polished & knows his stuff.   When he calls u out, take it seriously, b/c the rest of us do. 

To the point, tell us why u compare Horford to the Steamer.   I don't thing many of us see the relevance in your statement.   Showing some evidence as to why Al might bust is the place to start. 

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2016, 08:59:44 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

I am usually right.

Word of  advice, my man h-jini is pretty [dang] polished & knows his stuff.   When he calls u out, take it seriously, b/c the rest of us do. 

To the point, tell us why u compare Horford to the Steamer.   I don't thing many of us see the relevance in your statement.   Showing some evidence as to why Al might bust is the place to start.
D dub, you are too kind and I appreciate your post. A tp for being gracious good sir.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2016, 08:59:55 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Don't feed the troll.

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2016, 09:00:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Turrible thread

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2016, 11:18:09 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Horford is boring, but boring can be good (even great in the case of Duncan).

He is a good number two guy on a championship big three. Thomas is a great number three. We need our top dog: Boogie Cousins (or Paul George next June)

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2016, 11:25:29 PM »

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
Horford is a good player but is overrated on this blog.  I liked the signing with Durant.  I don't like it without as it means basketball purgatory which Horford already knows a lot about.

If Ainge doesn't have any more tricks up his sleeve I would have rather paid someone younger.

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2016, 02:06:44 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I cannot believe it

Last year I was laughing at how trash he was and now we sign him

unbelievable.. he is one of my most hated players. When he makes shots I am baffled at how they go in, sort of like how I used to laugh at Josh Smith's shots when he was being loved by every fan and gm in the league. Absolutely disgusting.

Josh Smith wasn't loved. In fact a lot of people hated his game.