What does it take to get the number 7 pick in this draft

Rozier plus Celtics Pick 2018
14 (31.8%)
Rozier plus The Kings pick 2019
20 (45.5%)
Rozier plus Memphis Pick
10 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Poll: What's it take to get the #7 pick in this draft  (Read 7384 times)

Poll: What's it take to get the #7 pick in this draft
« on: May 17, 2018, 11:34:18 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Keep in mind that The bulls have always loved Rozier, and reportedly were going to take him at #22 that year. Ainge shocked everyone and drafted him 16.  And consider that Rozier is better than Kris Dunn right now.

Rozier projects as a starter with the Bulls.

Or just post what you think is fair for #7. This trade would screw the Cavs as well. We could steal a sliding star from them.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:40:52 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Poll: What's it take to get the #7 pick in this draft
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 11:52:57 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Speaking of the value of the Sacramento pick alone.  I'm not giving up the Kings pick for the #7 pick in this draft.  It's potentially a top 3 to top 5 pick in 2019.  Giving it up would just be foolish.

Keep TRoz.  Keep the pick.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 12:00:42 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Bulls would want the Kings pick

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 12:06:29 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Keep in mind that The bulls have always loved Rozier, and reportedly were going to take him at #22 that year. Ainge shocked everyone and drafted him 16.  And consider that Rozier is better than Kris Dunn right now.

Or just post what you think is fair for #7. This trade would screw the Cavs as well. We could steal a sliding star from them.

I'd need to know who you're targeting at #7 so much that you'd be willing to give up Rozier.

Who do you think will be available at that spot?

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 12:44:13 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
The Bulls are not gonna want Rozier with Dunn.  They traded away their franchise player to get Dunn (and other stuff) and Dunn has played well for them.  And then to give up the 7th pick in this draft for a future pick doesn't make sense. 

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 01:01:19 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

I'd need to know who you're targeting at #7 so much that you'd be willing to give up Rozier.

Probably one of Porter, Jaren J, or Wendall will be available.

If I could trade Terry for one of those guys, I probably do it. Marcus Smart is just too much "part" of the Boston Celtics now it feels like - much as I am a 3pt% slave.

The smart move is probably to let Marcus go get a BIG deal, and keep Terry.

Important to note that Terry's extension deadline is before the start of 2018 season, so we will be able to enter extension negotiations with Terry at the same time as offers start coming in for Marcus...

A lot of that question will come down to Brad though. Danny will surely ask him which backup he wants to run with for the next two years. If it's Marcus, Danny will have to overpay (which he will probably do). If it's Terry, then Danny can offer a reasonable extension, Rozier will balk, then Danny can go cold, and Terry probably comes back and takes the guaranteed money.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 01:02:32 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Michael Porter Jr. Possibly the best player in the draft if healthy. It's a roll if the dice, but if he hits his potential. Celtics would be unbelievable.

Or whoever else slides. I'm not giving up the Nets pick but I would consider the Grizzlies pick and rosea it's possible to trade with the magic at number six as well they could use a point guard

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 01:03:12 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
If you traded rozier straight UP for the #7 pick you're an idiot. Let alone adding another pick.

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 01:06:45 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
The Bulls are not gonna want Rozier with Dunn.  They traded away their franchise player to get Dunn (and other stuff) and Dunn has played well for them.  And then to give up the 7th pick in this draft for a future pick doesn't make sense.

Yeah, teams can sour on guys pretty quick. Not to mention I think the prize in that deal was Zach LaVine.

That being said, Dunn showed up late in the season playing some really nice games. Chicago would be smart to make the deal, tank for another year, get two high picks in next years draft. Rozier, RJ Barret, Zion, Markannen is a nice young core to start a franchise..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 01:09:11 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
If you traded rozier straight UP for the #7 pick you're an idiot. Let alone adding another pick.

Really Playa? Your an idiot? How about if we already we can't afford Rozier, and Irving who is about a 180 million dollar player. And Tatum and Brown are both going to be 100 million dollar contracts soon.

And Horford makes 30 million per year, and so does Hayward he makes 30 million per year. Oh, and we might pay Smart this year that will be about 10 million per year.

By trading Rozier you get a top prospect thats cost controlled for four years.

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 01:15:51 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

Really Playa? Your an idiot? How about if we already we can't afford Rozier, and Irving who is about a 180 million dollar player. And Tatum and Brown are both going to be 100 million dollar contracts soon.

And Horford makes 30 million per year, and so does Hayward he makes 30 million per year. Oh, and we might pay Smart this year that will be about 10 million per year.

By trading Rozier you get a top prospect thats cost controlled for four years.
#7pick in the draft is just as likely to be a bust in the draft as a top prospect. If you're worried about salary you're much better to package him and a player and get a solid bench guy that you know for certain will contribute than to trade him for a #7 so-so prospect and another possibly high pick.

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 01:18:43 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I’d give up the Kings pick for it. What else they would want, I don’t know. Maybe I do Yabu or Semi. How about the Clippers pick?

If Porter is available at 7 I definitely investigate that. That’s a swing-for-the-fences type of pick. That kid can be a franchise player.

I *may* even do the Kings pick and Rozier for Porter. Probably not, but maybe. I don’t know much about the 2019 draft, but does anyone have his potential and with the lottery reform, who knows what we get? There could be as good a chance at #2 or #10 or #24.

If you could secure a talent like Porter for a very volatile future pick and Rozier (a great player but serious concerns over our ability to keep him beyond next season), I’d STRONGLY consider it.

That said, much ado about nothing, Chicago is keeping that pick, especially if Porter is on the board.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2018, 01:32:53 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

While Chicago, along with Houston, iirc, did have their eyes on Rozier in 2015, I don't see as to how Terry fits on that team, and I disagree about him being better than Dunn, particularly as they're completely different players, imo.

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2018, 05:38:45 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Yeah, teams can sour on guys pretty quick. Not to mention I think the prize in that deal was Zach LaVine.

That being said, Dunn showed up late in the season playing some really nice games. Chicago would be smart to make the deal, tank for another year, get two high picks in next years draft. Rozier, RJ Barret, Zion, Markannen is a nice young core to start a franchise..

The prize in the deal was the pick that turned into Lauri M.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 07:41:49 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78

Michael Porter Jr. Possibly the best player in the draft if healthy. It's a roll if the dice, but if he hits his potential. Celtics would be unbelievable.

Or whoever else slides. I'm not giving up the Nets pick but I would consider the Grizzlies pick and rosea it's possible to trade with the magic at number six as well they could use a point guard

As you say, if Porter is deemed healthy enough to be worth a shot, I'd go Rozier, Grizzlies pick and our own pick at #27 max.  Danny might ask for a future 2nd rounder also, you never know with him! :)

We could work Porter in slowly, if need be, and that would allow Terry to achieve his dream of being a starter in a town rich with basketball history.  I'd love to see him stay a Celtic, but you can't blame him for wanting to start.