Author Topic: Rapid Reaction  (Read 1301 times)

Rapid Reaction
« on: October 27, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
-We proved that we can win on Cleveland's court, even with Lebron playing 45 minutes.

-KG is ready to play hard, but he's still got a lot of rust. Good thing it looks mostly like age/rust, not health in my opinion.

-Now that we've established that, I'd like to see Eddie play 5 more minutes a game and Marquis 10 more mpg (up to 17 mpg and 25 mpg respectively...Marquis led the team in +/- and did a little of everything) and get those minutes down for the regular season.

Re: Rapid Reaction
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
-We proved that we can win on Cleveland's court, even with Lebron playing 45 minutes.

-KG is ready to play hard, but he's still got a lot of rust. Good thing it looks mostly like age/rust, not health in my opinion.

-Now that we've established that, I'd like to see Eddie play 5 more minutes a game and Marquis 10 more mpg (up to 17 mpg and 25 mpg respectively...Marquis led the team in +/- and did a little of everything) and get those minutes down for the regular season.

Really?. Eddie seemed a little off to me tonight. When he is hot I'm all for more time.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 11:19:38 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Boobie Gibson did a good job of sticking with Eddie tonight. He just couldn't get free.

Marquis looks good. I was really surprised with the 3 though.

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 11:24:50 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Good thing it looks mostly like age/rust, not health in my opinion.

I'll be much happier if its health related and not age related. Health can be regained--aging is forever.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 11:27:33 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
- this is an excellent team; our bench is much stronger than last year and our starters are great as usual.
- Cleveland's Twin Towers lineup gave us some trouble; we'll need to be prepared for this next time.
- Marquis Daniels is what Tony Allen should've been when he grew up.
- Reposted from game thread: Perk's baseline jumper is this year's BBD FT line extended jumper.  He's been told to take it, the team's looking for it, and we'll hate it in November but be grateful in May.
- Rondo: STOP TRYING TO POSTERIZE LEBRON. IT WILL NOT END WELL.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 11:29:08 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

I'll be much happier if its health related and not age related. Health can be regained--aging is forever.

Yeah, I meant age as in what he'd already shown since coming to Boston. let's be honest, he's not the same explosive athlete of a few years ago, but if he can shake off the rust and get back to the '07-'08 KG (or close), that's enough.

Maybe that's what Ford was talking about...KG is about 60% of his 2002-2006 self right now at best.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:39:35 PM by Fan from VT »

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 11:31:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Yeah, but I meant age as in what he'd already shown since coming to Boston. let's be honest, he's not the same explosive athlete of a few years ago, but if he can shake off the rust and get back to the '07-'08 KG (or close), that's enough.

Maybe that's what Ford was talking about...KG is about 60% of his 2002-2006 self right now at best.

I want to be young forever.

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 11:33:42 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
"Yeah, but I meant age as in what he'd already shown since coming to Boston. let's be honest, he's not the same explosive athlete of a few years ago, but if he can shake off the rust and get back to the '07-'08 KG (or close), that's enough."

Oh ok when you put it that way, yeah, I agree.

I just hope its not some precipitous decline in athletic ability since last year, and now he can't dunk or finish alley-oops.

.......As we saw tonight....

very conspicuously.......

I'm scared.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.