Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200965 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #960 on: February 28, 2013, 09:58:41 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Its fine i was kidding ;D ;D i really saw my team going nowhere so i decided to make the best rebounding team and then i went for the sharpshooters

One thing to keep in mind. A bad defense results in opponents making more shots, and you can't rebound a made shot.

All their rebounding stats will obviously go down.

On offense, your sharpshooters who actually make their shots also don't miss, so that takes more rebounds away. ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #961 on: February 28, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Its fine i was kidding ;D ;D i really saw my team going nowhere so i decided to make the best rebounding team and then i went for the sharpshooters

One thing to keep in mind. A bad defense results in opponents making more shots, and you can't rebound a made shot.

On offense, your sharpshooters who actually make their shots also don't miss, so that takes more rebounds away. ;D

You're just jelly that my team gets more rebounds then yours  ;D ;D :-* :-*

« Reply #962 on: February 28, 2013, 10:02:19 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Livingston has proven that he is a rotation caliber player, he is by no means a scrub.  But ya I do have fields playing mor than I'd like, but I want granger playing 30 mpg until the playoffs cause of the knee

I don't know about that. He's a borderline NBA player

In no universe is Livingston a border line nba player.  If he were on the celts right now he would be starting and would improve our team a lot.

Not a chance would be be starting. We could use him with our guard rotation, but he wouldn't be starting.

And last season, Livingston was a borderline NBA player. He's really just now figuring out his body again. Had to change his whole game, add weight, he's just now getting it, at what, age 26?

With rondo down liv would be the best pg on our roster.  He had been a solid contributor on my fantasy team the last 3 years so I know he is not a borderline nba player. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #963 on: February 28, 2013, 10:05:47 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

On offense, your sharpshooters who actually make their shots also don't miss, so that  :-* takes more rebounds away. ;D

You're just jelly that my team gets more rebounds then yours  ;D ;D :-* :-*

You don't have enough bad players on offense, you wish you had more inefficient shooters like me :-*  :-*  :-*
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #964 on: February 28, 2013, 10:09:30 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Miami Heat:
Starters: Brandon Knight, Mo Williams, Lebron James, Chris Bosh, Emeka Okafor

Bench
Guards: Lou Williams, Jordan Crawford
Center: BJ Mullens
Forwards: Chris Copeland, John Salmons, Kyle O'Quinn

Plenty of scoring and some good young big men that like to bang and rebound.  decent defensive team. 

ok people, let 'er rip.

I love: Lebron, obviously. Bosh, but he's better as a center, not as effective in a lineup as a 4. Lou Williams when healthy would be nice, Chris Copeland, if he could actually keep that energy up with big minutes. If he could, Id even start him atthe 3 and LeBron at the 4.

Neutral on: Mo Williams, Bj Mullens, Okafor. I think these guys would be nice off the bench, hesitant to start them, even next to LeBron.

Hate: Brandon Knight as the starter on a contender. Salmons, Jordan Crawford getting real minutes.

Ultimately, you took a much different approach than I would've with LeBron. Id make one big trade to start out, hopefully for a mid-round first or keeper, and I would've kept Wade. After that, you just need 1 decent rim defender, 1 spark plug off the bench, and a bunch of guys who defend and can hit a shot. Your approach was different, and I can't say it's a team I feel good about including in the contender argument. It's tough though, if you're not really excited about making about a billion trade offers, and I can respect staying pat. Still a good team, probably a very good team, but not the one I expected you to assemble.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #965 on: February 28, 2013, 10:14:21 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Miami Heat:
Starters: Brandon Knight, Mo Williams, Lebron James, Chris Bosh, Emeka Okafor

Bench
Guards: Lou Williams, Jordan Crawford
Center: BJ Mullens
Forwards: Chris Copeland, John Salmons, Kyle O'Quinn

Plenty of scoring and some good young big men that like to bang and rebound.  decent defensive team. 

ok people, let 'er rip.

Not really a fan of how you built around LeBron. Would have expected a top-5 team, but whatever! :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #966 on: February 28, 2013, 10:17:02 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Livingston has proven that he is a rotation caliber player, he is by no means a scrub.  But ya I do have fields playing mor than I'd like, but I want granger playing 30 mpg until the playoffs cause of the knee

I don't know about that. He's a borderline NBA player

In no universe is Livingston a border line nba player.  If he were on the celts right now he would be starting and would improve our team a lot.

Not a chance would be be starting. We could use him with our guard rotation, but he wouldn't be starting.

And last season, Livingston was a borderline NBA player. He's really just now figuring out his body again. Had to change his whole game, add weight, he's just now getting it, at what, age 26?

With rondo down liv would be the best pg on our roster.  He had been a solid contributor on my fantasy team the last 3 years so I know he is not a borderline nba player.

When Rondo went down, starting Livingston next to Bradley would've necessitated sitting Lee. But, Livingston can no longer defend starting PGs. With Bradley, that's okay, but Livingston aslo still can't shoot. Then, with Pierce and Garnett's passing, Livingstons non-ball dominant passing skillset becomes even less important. We'd be down a shooter, and would be gaining nothing on defense, and gaining a little passing. Really don't see how he'd be starting.

Even on the Cavs, he's been the best when Ellington or Waiters are guarding the opposing 1, and those guys have been playing EXTREMELY well lately. Both of them better offensively than any guard we have outside of Jet.

« Reply #967 on: February 28, 2013, 10:26:47 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
answer:/ If not utah : bad
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #968 on: February 28, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Detroit Pistons (Newsies)
PG: Darren Collison 2.3
SG: Courtney Lee 5 .0
SF:Chandler Parsons 0.88
PF: Greg Monroe 3.2
C: Andre Drummond 2.3

Bench Andrea Bargnani 10.0 Rodney Stuckey 8.5, Tyler Hansborogh 3.0, Willie Green 1.3, Stephen Jackson 10.0 Austin Daye 3.0

« Reply #969 on: February 28, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I've always viewed Livingston as a poor-man's Lee who can't shoot the three, but can pass.

He's got size, that's for sure, and I'm a fan of him.

But he's not starting material. Great at filling in the holes for teams.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #970 on: February 28, 2013, 10:33:32 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Detroit Pistons (Newsies)
PG: Darren Collison 2.3
SG: Courtney Lee 5 .0
SF:Chandler Parsons 0.88
PF: Greg Monroe 3.2
C: Andre Drummond 2.3

Bench Andrea Bargnani 10.0 Rodney Stuckey 8.5, Tyler Hansborogh 3.0, Willie Green 1.3, Stephen Jackson 10.0 Austin Daye 3.0

Evans Delonte and Rivers will eat Lee alive
not to mention My young team is better
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #971 on: February 28, 2013, 10:41:48 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Dallas Mavericks

PG: Goran Dragic, Raymond Felton
SG: Dion Waiters, Marshon Brooks
SF: Paul Pierce, Kyle Singler
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, John Henson
C: DeAndre Jordan, DeJaun Blair, Ryan Hollins

Still trying to move some pieces around, but here's what I have so far.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #972 on: February 28, 2013, 10:44:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Lineup, with Bynum:

K Irving/I Thomas
L Stephenson/W Ellington
H Barnes/T Harris/W Ellington
R Anderson/T Harris/G Smith
A Bynum/T Zeller/G Smith

Without Bynum:

K Irving/I Thomas
L Stephenson/W Ellington
H Barnes/T Harris/W Ellington
R Anderson/T Harris/
G Smith/ T Zeller

Without Bynum, the team is obviously a lot less dangerous. But, I feel really good about my prospects as a 2k13 franchise, really good about my future prospects as a fake team in an imaginary celticsblog league, and not despondent about my odds of making the playoffs as a low seed.

With Bynum I see no issue with getting to the playoffs, and possibly making a little noise there.

Tobias Harris: 23 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, 75% shooting from the field.

Why does that matter, IP?

Well Im glad you asked. See, I can play Harris next to Ryan Anderson, Harrison Barnes, OR the unimpeachable Wayne Ellington. The versatility here, it's astounding!

Lance Stephenson: 29 minutes, 7/8 shooting, 16 pts, 7 rebounds, 4 assists. Chauncey Billups, his counterpart in tonight's game, shot 1/6 from the field.

He's better than you think.

« Reply #973 on: February 28, 2013, 10:45:17 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222

SUNS Pick 2: Coach: Doug Collins 

PG: Ricky Rubio(3.5) CJ Watson(.992)
SG: Dwyane Wade(17.1) DeMar Derozan(3.34)
SF: Alonzo Gee(3.5) Dorell Wright(4.1)
PF: Gerald Wallace(9.88) Thomas Robinson(3.34)
C:   Brook Lopez(13.67) Chris Andersen(.854)
Cap used: 60.27 Total: 70.3

Thoughts ? There  will only be a minor tweak left
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #974 on: February 28, 2013, 10:52:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

SUNS Pick 2: Coach: Doug Collins 

PG: Ricky Rubio(3.5) CJ Watson(.992)
SG: Dwyane Wade(17.1) DeMar Derozan(3.34)
SF: Alonzo Gee(3.5) Dorell Wright(4.1)
PF: Gerald Wallace(9.88) Thomas Robinson(3.34)
C:   Brook Lopez(13.67) Chris Andersen(.854)
Cap used: 60.27 Total: 70.3

Thoughts ? There  will only be a minor tweak left

I am constantly amazed at the trades you've been making. That's a team that just keeps getting better.

We're gonna have to start saying, "Don't trade with CPride, he'll get the better of you!"

Love the team, ironically the only thing Id see that could take them to the next level is 'gasp!' Ryan Anderson. One more shooter makes the difference between good and great. Right now, you've just got Gee, and you'd need more than that.