Author Topic: Hawks exploring trades for Josh Smith  (Read 12273 times)

Re: Hawks exploring trades for Josh Smith
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 12:35:16 PM »

Offline Rondo /doc

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Get this guy big baby and sheeds contract throw in the 2011 1st round pick . Hes a beast on defense athleticly and on the break only lebron runs better and jumps higher at 6-8. Hed be a huge pickup , we might have the pieces in big baby sheeds contract of 7 million and a 1st rounder to pull it off ?!

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 12:40:10 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Hawks have been exploring trades for Josh Smith according to hoopshype... I would love to have Smith here even if it means playing him at SF and moving Pierce to SG. Smith would be a perfect complement to Rondo and I couldnt imagine the defense with him and KG.

Sign and trade with Ray for Smith?

Sheeds contract and BBD a pick or two for Smith?

I dont think the second offer would be enough but the Hawks might be looking to gain some cap space with the Johnson signing. I think they would love to put Ray into that lineup though.

Well, now that they have resigned Johnson, I don't think Ray is an option.  However, I would be offering Perk and Sheed with a first round pick (or even two) for Smith. 

Smith would be a great fit with Rondo, and could transform this team into a real up tempo team quickly. 

And if Atlanta wants any chance of ever beating the Magic, they would likely be very interested in Perk. 

This would allow them to move Horford and/or Williams to PF, and become more of a traditional, grind it out type team. 

I think this is a bit crazy off of the year Smith had, but if he is on the block, I think that is at least a reasonable offer.

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 12:42:13 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Do you have a link to this rumor from Hoopshype?  I don't see it.

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 12:42:50 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
sign me up - I'd love him in Boston
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 12:48:21 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Keep dreaming. Celtics have no one to offer.

How about the only NBA player who has proven he can defend the best player in their division 1-on-1, and a guy who comes off the books the day after you get him? This is the Hawks....

You trade Perk and Sheed, move KG to center, and play Smith at PF. The Hawks can then move Horford back to his natural position -- PF -- and use Zaza until Perk gets back.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 12:55:32 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
This makes sense IMO, it would be even better if Shaq is signed and they can mix and match the best of Smith, KG, BBD & Shaq while giving the others plenty of rest.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 12:59:38 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Do you have a link to this rumor from Hoopshype?  I don't see it.

ditto
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 01:00:53 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

How about the only NBA player who has proven he can defend the best player in their division 1-on-1, and a guy who comes off the books the day after you get him? This is the Hawks....

You trade Perk and Sheed, move KG to center, and play Smith at PF. The Hawks can then move Horford back to his natural position -- PF -- and use Zaza until Perk gets back.

Exactly.  I think the C's need to throw in a first rounder, but if the Hawks really are looking to move Smith (I have my doubts), this is at least an intriguing offer.

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Hawks have been exploring trades for Josh Smith according to hoopshype... I would love to have Smith here even if it means playing him at SF and moving Pierce to SG. Smith would be a perfect complement to Rondo and I couldnt imagine the defense with him and KG.

Sign and trade with Ray for Smith?

Sheeds contract and BBD a pick or two for Smith?

I dont think the second offer would be enough but the Hawks might be looking to gain some cap space with the Johnson signing. I think they would love to put Ray into that lineup though.

Well, now that they have resigned Johnson, I don't think Ray is an option.  However, I would be offering Perk and Sheed with a first round pick (or even two) for Smith. 

Smith would be a great fit with Rondo, and could transform this team into a real up tempo team quickly. 

And if Atlanta wants any chance of ever beating the Magic, they would likely be very interested in Perk. 

This would allow them to move Horford and/or Williams to PF, and become more of a traditional, grind it out type team. 

I think this is a bit crazy off of the year Smith had, but if he is on the block, I think that is at least a reasonable offer.

This would make a lot more sense for ATL if Perk wasn't undergoing major reconstructive knee surgery.

Plus, Perk is also the reason we don't seem to have too much trouble with the Magic (given that Perk seems to be DHs kryptonite).

I definitely would do Sheed, Baby, and Bradley....not sure ATL would go for that, though.

add BMiller, TA, and Nate and I'm ready to start the season right now.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 01:10:05 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

Exactly.  I think the C's need to throw in a first rounder, but if the Hawks really are looking to move Smith (I have my doubts), this is at least an intriguing offer.

I really don't like the idea of having KG at center, but idk how we'd be able to fit Smith in our lineup other than that.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 01:11:34 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

I really don't like the idea of having KG at center, but idk how we'd be able to fit Smith in our lineup other than that.

We could use him like Lamar Odom in LA...

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 01:11:49 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Yeah, personally, I love that idea, but I think there is an argument either way.  

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 01:12:56 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Atlanta's GM believes Al Horford's natural position is at center.

He has said so many times over the past three seasons.

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 01:15:19 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Yeah, personally, I love that idea, but I think there is an argument either way.  

Idk the idea of KG at center is just eh to me. 

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 01:18:01 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

We could use him like Lamar Odom in LA...

I would absolutely love that, but I really don't think Josh Smith would be willing to come off the bench, even for the chance of playing with a contender.