Author Topic: We can be free agent players  (Read 1251 times)

We can be free agent players
« on: June 30, 2010, 06:22:31 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
At the end of the season, there were some major hurdles in the way of the Celtics being a player in the free agent market.  This was my dream Celtics offseason that I posted a week ago:

- Sheed retires

- Let Ray walk (this move is obvious unless we're bringing back the same starting five for another title run, which Danny will do, but I think he's looking for other options)

- Pierce opts out, if he knows Ray and Sheed are gone and KG is halfway out the door, Pierce would want to opt out. He's been through the tough days in Boston, he's done with that.

- Trade KG, and then we have room for two max FA's. I know I've said this in other forums but KG is perfect for Dallas, the type of player Cuban would love and wouldn't mind paying for 2 more years while he makes the last run at a ring with Dirk, J Kidd, Caron, and Marion (that would be an all-star starting 5).

Dallas could trade us Dampier's non guaranteed contract, who we could then cut and turn into cap room.

Our only players under contract would be Rondo, Perk, Baby, and a filler from Dallas (Deshawn Stevenson probably)

Bosh and Lebron could both then sign with us. or Lebron and Joe Johnson.

lebRondo
Joe Johnson
Lebron
Baby
Perk

The first three of the four events have happened. If we can convince Dallas to take KG for Dampier we could sign two max FA's. What if we really try to sweeten the pot and offer KG, and Perk for Dampier and Deshawn. Does Dallas really turn that down? Perk could return home. They would get the size they need to compete with the Lakers in the west, and just more insurance incase Dirk leaves. But Cuban wouldn't care at all about the luxury tax and would resign Dirk.

Or if we;re comfortable with Perk's injury, we resign him, maybe at a discount since he's hurt right now and keep him in the young core.

We then have only Rondo, Bradley, Baby, and Deshawn. Combinging for like 16-18 million?
with Perk only like 20-23 million.

I want Lebron on the Celtics.

Re: We can be free agent players
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 06:32:30 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I think the Celtics still fall short with the cap space under your scenario. They'd only be able something close to 13 million to each of the 2 superstars.

I would love it if your plan played out though. I just don't see it happening.

Re: We can be free agent players
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 07:05:34 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
I read this topic 2 minute ago.
One minute ago i read another topic: Celtics interested in Dampier.

Mmmmh...