Author Topic: Who would you trade Rondo for?  (Read 10336 times)

Re: Who would you trade Rondo for?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 04:53:23 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
straight up without any other considerations

I can think of at least 20 players just off the top of my head
Off the top of my head:

PGs
Chris Paul
Deron Williams

SG
Wade
Bryant
Roy

SF
Carmello
LeBron
Durant

PF
Dirk
Duncan
Gasol
Bosh
(Maybe Kevin Love this team needs rebounding!)

C
Howard
Yao

I would cross off Melo (wants to be a FA) and Yao (injury questions).  No way Love. 

Duncan (I love the player) is a little long in the tooth. 

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 05:01:12 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
PG- Chris Paul, D. Williams, Derrick Rose, and Steph curry.
SG- Kobe, or Wade
SF- Durantula, Melo, or Lebron
PF- Dirk, Pau
C- Dwight Howard or Brook Lopez

If Rondo finally fix's his J (he may never will). Short list 4 players: D. Williams, Wade, Lebron, and Durant.

This is hilarious. Steph Curry? You would trade a once in a liftime pt guard for a shooter? The Kevin Love request is even more over the top. Rondo is just starting his career and you want to trade him for a couple 30 somethings (Kobe/Dirk)?? Only guy I would trade Rondo for would be Durant. Dwight Howard? Yeah he has a great offensive game..

You guys watch Rondo every game without apparently realizing what type of player he is.

Hell yah, I'd trade Rondo for Steph. Have you seen Steph play. Similar to Rondo he was triple double waiting to happen. And that was in rookie year (17/4/6). And then he can drop 35 on any giving night. Steph got huge upside.

Add Kobe or Dirk to this team, and you win Championships. And make multiple finals appearances.

People on this forum tend overrate Rondo. He does incredible things on the court, but he remains a liability on the offensive end. 4 years and he is still @ square one with his J.

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
SG- Kobe, or Wade
PF- Dirk, Pau

If Rondo finally fix's his J (he may never will). Short list 4 players: D. Williams, Wade, Lebron, and Durant.

This is hilarious. Steph Curry? You would trade a once in a liftime pt guard for a shooter? The Kevin Love request is even more over the top. Rondo is just starting his career and you want to trade him for a couple 30 somethings (Kobe/Dirk)?? Only guy I would trade Rondo for would be Durant. Dwight Howard? Yeah he has a great offensive game..

You guys watch Rondo every game without apparently realizing what type of player he is.

Hell yah, I'd trade Rondo for Steph. Have you seen Steph play. Similar to Rondo he was triple double waiting to happen. And that was in rookie year (17/4/6). And then he can drop 35 on any giving night. Steph got huge upside.

Add Kobe or Dirk to this team, and you win Championships. And make multiple finals appearances.

People on this forum tend overrate Rondo. He does incredible things on the court, but he remains a liability on the offensive end. 4 years and he is still @ square one with his J.

Can we see what Curry can do outside Nellie ball before we put him ahead of an all-star PG that made the all defensive team?

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 05:09:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
SG- Kobe, or Wade
PF- Dirk, Pau

Do you think that Rondo has improved every year with his J?

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 05:59:32 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Not by much. Rondo is still terrified to take 18footer. In back of his head, He'd rather battle bigs inside than embarrass himself on national TV. I simply doubt Rondo's ability to be consistent shooter ever. 4years is long enough sample to make a conclusion, I think.

That's the rational part speaking. The homer part of me, would reject any trade proposal for Rondo. He is a rare player.

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 09:58:50 PM »

Offline Aaron Abel

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
straight up without any other considerations

I can think of at least 20 players just off the top of my head
Off the top of my head:

PGs
Chris Paul
Deron Williams

SG
Wade
Bryant
Roy

SF
Carmello
LeBron
Durant

PF
Dirk
Duncan
Gasol
Bosh
(Maybe Kevin Love this team needs rebounding!)

C
Howard
Yao
This without Yao. Too many injuries in the last couple of seasons.

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 10:09:09 PM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Nobody he going to be great. This should not be a question at all. He is a top three guard and I dont think you guys respect him at all, if you did this post would not be up right now. That tells you how much you guys appreciate him.

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
SG- Kobe, or Wade
PF- Dirk, Pau

Can we see what Curry can do outside Nellie ball before we put him ahead of an all-star PG that made the all defensive team?
I couldn't agree with you more and plus Steph Curry can't play no D buddy look at the stats. I rather have Rajon. His game is solid he is the better point guard. He has to work on the jumper and I think it improve some.

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 10:48:28 PM »

Offline misterx2day

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
Sorry, but the guys who are saying players Dirk and Tim Duncan are idiots. No way you trade players who are on the decline for a guy on the rise. Dirk is still a great player, but he is not a piece I build around anymore like Rondo. Duncan has been slipping for the last three years
I guess there's a little more than ten guys I'd trade for Rondo.
Paul and Williams are obvious. Rose I'm on the fence. Rondo's better all around, Rose is a better scorer. I'm keeping Rondo.
Then obviously Kobe and I'd say B-Roy as well. And of course D-Wade.
LeBron (duh) and Kevin Durant. Not Melo, he's a great player but he's too selfish to be a championship player.
Then I guess there's Chris Bosh. It pains me to say it, but I'd probably have to go with Pau Gasol too. But then again, Gasol's still a little girl (no matter what people say). So I'm on the fence with him too.
And then only center, D-Howard, is worth Rondo.
So that's about 10 players I'd trade for Rondo. There are other guys who you could argue have more talent and potential, but Rondo has the intangibles. Smarts. Hustle. Heart. The kids got all of those. If you want your team to have the guy who scores the most, then there are plenty of guys you go with over Rondo. But if you want your team to compete for championships, there are very few guys at this point I go with over our boy.

Actually scratch all that, I'm not trading anybody for Rondo. I love the guy.
"I don’t know what’s wrong with that girl." - Reggie Evans on Pau Gasol.

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 10:52:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Sorry, but the guys who are saying players Dirk and Tim Duncan are idiots. No way you trade players who are on the decline for a guy on the rise. Dirk is still a great player, but he is not a piece I build around anymore like Rondo. Duncan has been slipping for the last three years
I guess there's a little more than ten guys I'd trade for Rondo.
Paul and Williams are obvious. Rose I'm on the fence. Rondo's better all around, Rose is a better scorer. I'm keeping Rondo.
Then obviously Kobe and I'd say B-Roy as well. And of course D-Wade.
LeBron (duh) and Kevin Durant. Not Melo, he's a great player but he's too selfish to be a championship player.
Then I guess there's Chris Bosh. It pains me to say it, but I'd probably have to go with Pau Gasol too. But then again, Gasol's still a little girl (no matter what people say). So I'm on the fence with him too.
And then only center, D-Howard, is worth Rondo.
So that's about 10 players I'd trade for Rondo. There are other guys who you could argue have more talent and potential, but Rondo has the intangibles. Smarts. Hustle. Heart. The kids got all of those. If you want your team to have the guy who scores the most, then there are plenty of guys you go with over Rondo. But if you want your team to compete for championships, there are very few guys at this point I go with over our boy.

Actually scratch all that, I'm not trading anybody for Rondo. I love the guy.

I thought you said not for players on the decline. In my opinion, that now includes Kobe

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 10:53:22 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I gotta go with GreenFaith on this one guys! Rondo is a very special player. I won't say that I wouldnt trade him for anyone but I wouldnt for Kobe as he is too old or will be soon or several other players already mentioned here. Rondo is improving rapidly and will continure to. Project his development over the last two years forward three and tell me what you see? I see a point that dominates the game at will in several areas. Few players have ever been able to do that consistently.

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
SG- Kobe, or Wade
PF- Dirk, Pau

As talented as Both Kobe and Dirk is, I cannot agree with you here.

Kobe showed me that he can be defended (6 for 24 - in a clinching game 7). Not sure if he could close the deal in a clinching game after that stinker.

Dirk's team crumbled to MIA in 2006 finals..I wouldn't want him, either. I know that that outcome wasn't entirely his fault, but still.....

And Dirk is not known as a Defender.

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Not by much. Rondo is still terrified to take 18footer. In back of his head, He'd rather battle bigs inside than embarrass himself on national TV. I simply doubt Rondo's ability to be consistent shooter ever. 4years is long enough sample to make a conclusion, I think.

That's the rational part speaking. The homer part of me, would reject any trade proposal for Rondo. He is a rare player.

There are a lot of great parts to Rondo's game, a lot of improving parts.

But his shooting - from the floor and the foul line - are like a sour note in a symphony. They're keeping him from being as great as many of you think he is.

To answer the question, I'd move him for a PG who I believe has a more balanced game. That group is small - Chris Paul and D. Williams.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Sorry, but the guys who are saying players Dirk and Tim Duncan are idiots.

CelticsBlog posting rules excerpt:
•Do not label fellow posters in a way that is likely to provoke a negative response.  Dependent upon context, examples include, but are not limited to, "fake fan", "bandwagon fan", "not a real fan", "hater", "homer", "koolaid drinker", etc.

That little girl just played a heck of an NBA Finals series, officially shed his "softy" skin and was robbed of a Finals MVP. That really doesn't spell "girl" to me. Like most of us here, I don't like Gasol but I'd be very, very silly to not respect him out on the floor.

I'm not trading anybody for Rondo. I love the guy.

That's where I agree  ;)

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 11:42:36 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Eddie Curry...if we're going to lose him, we might as well trade him for Eddie Curry right?
When you love life, life loves you right back